What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College semis moved from NYE

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Well, at least in most years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e-change-bill-hancock-new-years-eve/87644010/

New College Football Playoff schedule
2016-17

Semifinals: Saturday, Dec. 31 Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl

Championship: Monday, Jan. 9, Tampa

2017-18

Semifinals: Monday, Jan. 1 Rose, Sugar

Championship: Monday, Jan. 8, Atlanta

2018-19

Semifinals: Saturday, Dec. 29, Cotton, Orange

Championship: Monday, Jan. 7, Santa Clara, Calif.

2019-20

Semifinals: Saturday, Dec. 28, Fiesta, Peach

Championship: Monday, Jan. 13, New Orleans

2020-21

Semifinals: Friday, Jan. 1, Rose, Sugar

Championship: Monday, Jan. 11, site TBD

2021-22

Semifinals: Friday, Dec. 31, Orange, bowl TBD

Championship: Monday, Jan. 10, site TBD

2022-23

Semifinals: Saturday, Dec. 31, bowls TBD

Championship: Monday, Jan. 9, site TBD

2023-24

Semifinals: Monday, Jan. 1, Rose, Sugar

Championship: Monday, Jan. 8, site TBD

2024-25

Semifinals: Saturday, Dec. 28, Orange, bowl TBD

Championship: Monday, Jan. 13, site TBD

2025-26

Semifinals: Saturday, Dec. 27, bowls TBD

Championship: Monday, Jan. 12, site TBD

I hope we get slotted for the Fiesta Bowl in 2019-2020. Will be a lot of fun to hit up Phoenix and New Orleans that year!

Having this class be the catalyst that improves on field performance, leading us to the 2020/2021 semifinal in the Rose Bowl sounds perfect!

Lots of inconsistency in number of days between the semi's and the Championship Game. Ranges from 7 to 15 days.

Lots of inconsistency in number of days between the semi's and the Championship Game. Ranges from 7 to 15 days.
Yeah, I don't get that. You pretty much forget about college football by the time the championship game is on. I'd prefer they do the semis a week earlier and have the championship game early in the new year. Hate going from bowl games daily to a week off before the most important one.

2016-17 Semifinals: Saturday, Dec. 31 Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl
Championship: Monday, Jan. 9, Tampa

2021-22
Semifinals: Friday, Dec. 31, Orange, bowl TBD
Championship: Monday, Jan. 10, site TBD

2022-23
Semifinals: Saturday, Dec. 31, bowls TBD
Championship: Monday, Jan. 9, site TBD
Why wouldn't they put 2016-17 and 2022-23 on Friday and 2021-22 on Saturday to avoid NYE? It almost seems like they still want the games on NYE, but some years, the calendar doesn't cooperate with doing that and having it on a Friday or Saturday.

Why they ever thought having games on New Years Eve was a good idea, is beyond me. So stupid

So the plan is to change the scheduling strategy so that all play off games and the championship game will never be on New years day?
So the effec is none of the crittical games in CFB will be on the most important day of CFB.

Way to "take back New Years day". I would call them tards but that's an insult to the retarded.

So the plan is to change the scheduling strategy so that all play off games and the championship game will never be on New years day?
So the effec is none of the crittical games in CFB will be on the most important day of CFB.

Way to "take back New Years day". I would call them tards but that's an insult to the retarded.

Rose Bowl thinks it has a birthright to the 2 Pacific/5 Eastern slot on NYD and the Sugar has laid claim to the 8 Eastern slot. As long as you don't get them to soften their stance, and you won't as the 2 have tie ins with the 3 most important conferences, NYD is only in play for the semis when the Rose and Sugar are hosting.

Back