What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Collier Might Be Ready For Hoops Debut At Wyoming

Jgisland: I think it's a little early to say Tad has made it not matter.

In my experience, having a guy get the ball into Josh/Wes is way easier than having a defense respect the outside shot threat, and the more a D respects the shooters, the easier it is to get it inside.

The caveat to that is if Collier and Askia can penetrate, that will create offense. But we've not seen Askia do that and create shots for others nor get to the line.
I'm very interested in what Dom can bring here, as a penetrating point to help free up things near the basket.

If that succeeds, we will then face zone all day long.

Tad needs a shooter or two to take us from really good to F'ing Good.

Fwiw - I Didn't say Tad didn't make it matter, rather he tried to mitigate the risk.

I'm not sure one way or the other if it's harder to defend a shooter vs the post. But I do know that a motion offense is really hard to play zone aganst, I'm still in on throwing Tad a bone here. I'm not saying this team is perfect, (I'm probably the largest proponent of a shooter in an offense) but I really like what Tad is trying to do with the roster.

Jgisland: I think it's a little early to say Tad has made it not matter.

In my experience, having a guy get the ball into Josh/Wes is way easier than having a defense respect the outside shot threat, and the more a D respects the shooters, the easier it is to get it inside.

The caveat to that is if Collier and Askia can penetrate, that will create offense. But we've not seen Askia do that and create shots for others nor get to the line.
I'm very interested in what Dom can bring here, as a penetrating point to help free up things near the basket.

If that succeeds, we will then face zone all day long.

Tad needs a shooter or two to take us from really good to F'ing Good.

Can you expand on Collier and Askia driving as creating the offense. From what we have seen of ski, when he drives, he doesn't pass much. He is very good at getting off some acrobatic shot that sometimes goes in, but I wouldn't call that an offense.

Can you expand on Collier and Askia driving as creating the offense. From what we have seen of ski, when he drives, he doesn't pass much. He is very good at getting off some acrobatic shot that sometimes goes in, but I wouldn't call that an offense.

That's why I called it a caveat - we've not seen that from Askia.

Fwiw - I Didn't say Tad didn't make it matter, rather he tried to mitigate the risk.

I'm not sure one way or the other if it's harder to defend a shooter vs the post. But I do know that a motion offense is really hard to play zone aganst, I'm still in on throwing Tad a bone here. I'm not saying this team is perfect, (I'm probably the largest proponent of a shooter in an offense) but I really like what Tad is trying to do with the roster.

I can agree on all of the above. I think Tad thinks he needs a shooter too (enter Fortune), and until then he's making adjustments on offense to make us better. There is no doubt this team is athletic and can rebound and run.

I'm just anxious to see Collier play. Hope he's as good as advertised.
I think he has that "it" factor. I didn't follow him that closely, but I remember that game, I think in the playoffs, where a game was close and he reeled off something like 21 straight points. He seems like a player who involves his teammates, but if he has to take over, he does. Of course, that was high school. This is a whole different level.

Wait what? They can penetrate right now. I just don't see how it leads to offense.

Penetration causes defensive rotations to shift, leaving guys open. It's hard to consistently get open shots if you don't have guys who can penetrate and dish.

Penetration causes defensive rotations to shift, leaving guys open. It's hard to consistently get open shots if you don't have guys who can penetrate and dish.

I understand the hypothetical. I just don't understand where the thought our guys will stay dishing out out when they drive. Ski hasn't done it much in 3 years and tradition hasn't done it in two. I don't even remember Spencer doing much of it either. We have too many guys standing around on the perimeter and not cutting to the hoop.

Yeah. Penetration is good. Definitely helps get a shot off.

Back