What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Color me skeptical.

Well, I've been listening to CJ with former players Marquez, Beck, and Graham and I'm pumped. If he's good enough for them, he's good enough for me. Marquez was pretty funny. He said he'd liken Embree to a Huxtable. He can put on the funny sweater and wow a kid from Cherry Creek just as easily as he can go into the inner city and wow a kid from, say, Compton.

This may be the essence of the decision. Not from a recruiting standpoint but from an overall standpoint as a HC. Strictly from a coaching aspect I favored EB as HC, he is a dynamic individual who is a motivator. EB is the kind of guy who can light up a room just with the energy he puts off.

The job of HC at a major college involves a lot more than just motivation and recruiting. The HC is the face of the program to the media, to the university community, to the community at large and perhaps most importantly to the boosters and supporters of the school. He is also to one who is called on to manage 100+ kids plus their parents, a staff including widely divergent individuals who are highly motivated but can have widely varying motivations and make sure that all are able to work together and work within the environment around them.

JE from all reports has a certain ease about him in dealing with a wide range of people and situations. From a fans standpoint we tend to get tunnel vision into what happens on the field, ignoring or dismissing all of the rest of the stuff that goes on around the program that has a direct impact on the long-term success on the field. If JE can be successful in these areas as well as drawing on the strengths of his staff to make things work on the field we will be in good shape.

I am not saying the EB could not have been or will not be in the future a success at these areas of the job but as a total package for the situation as it currently stands MB must have been convinced that JE was the better choice. I am willing to support that decision.

Considering the hesitancy that major college football has shown to hire black coaches, even if CU quickly becomes a major power I am not overly worried about losing EB or JE to another school. My bigger concern would be if the NFL came calling with an offer that either one of them couldn't refuse, more likely EB. Coordinators in the NFL generally don't have to deal with the media or much else that is not football related and some of them are making more money than college HCs. With his motivating, dynamic personality added to a couple of years of coordinator experience at CU and his history as a position coach in the NFL, EB may become a target for someone in the future for a job he can't ignore, especially since it seems like he has a better shot at eventually getting a HC job in the NFL than in college.

Then be a man and stand up for your team. We are about to be led by two great buffs who care about this university. Like I said, if you feel embarrased, fine go find a different team.

May I be a man with boobs?

So, I clicked to the end of this thread to, you know, see how it has progressed and I get "Jizz mop" and "man boobs." WTF?

So, I clicked to the end of this thread to, you know, see how it has progressed and I get "Jizz mop" and "man boobs." WTF?

Obviously, I am either a big, fat, white guy or a hot young Buff gal. Take your pick. I guarantee man boobs is not a part of the equation. However, when someone posts they aren't happy with a hire, they are told to be a man. At least I wasn't told to grow a pair. That is harder to accomplish.

DBT, did you forget your twitter password again? tisk tsk. That's a perfect contribution to cyberspace.

Does everybody seriously have to bitch about everything that happens before he's even had a chance to do anything? **** they haven't even had the press conference about it. Get over it and support the program.

This hire does not thrill me.

If it was a choice between EB and Embree, I would have thought the obvious choice would have been EB. Embree was somewhere just north of Dave Logan on my list of potential candidates.

I'll support him, win or tie.

It takes every kind of people.
'Cause that's what life's about, yeah.

- Joe Cocker

might as well relax and enjoy this

Go Buffs

Back