What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado 31 Eastern Washington 24 - Pros and Cons

pros:

the defense really stepped it up after the rough start-- nails.

our better depth really showed, too.

d. scott showed flashes of why he is a future star.

the secondary showed something after getting worked.

cons:

our staff is struggling with the concept of understanding down and distance on both offense and defense.

the interior ol got worked.

RUN THE DAMN BALL.

the turnovers have to stop.

special teams are still scaring the crap out of me... too many errors, even accounting for j. smith's big plays.

I posted this in the season prediction thread...We will win in the last seconds in every game and I will have a heart attack by December.

i would have to say that the D was an absolute positive.

i say this because of the lack of O production. they (the D) were constantly put in bad positions. granted, they gave up the td's in those situations but, they did hold the eagle O at bay the rest of the game to give the O the chance to win.

the biggest problem in this game, imo, was the O. for about 75% of the game, they just could not get anything going.

however, another plus. again, it seems this team is LEARNING HOW TO WIN. would CU have won this game last year? the year before? doubtful.

there is a whole heaping pile to be critical for though.

Pro's they faced a no win situation and Won!, I also am very pleased that they survived a trap game.

Con's : lack of depth on the Corners truly showed in this game.

Pro: They didn't quit and ended up winning (after the last few years of CU football this is great)

Con:They shouldn't have been in a position where the biggest pro would be "not quitting". Terrible performance.

If we don't gift wrap 15 points, we win this by a lot more. Glad our offense kinda showed up for the second half. Great stops in the second half by the defense unit, esp. that pick 6. We can't live and die by third and long when WVU and Texas come to town.

Con: D Scott 13 carries for 39 yards. 3 ypc, against 1AA competition.:confused:

22 yards of that came on one run, so 12 carries for 17 yards?? What's the deal?? Was he hurt?

22 yards of that came on one run, so 12 carries for 17 yards?? What's the deal?? Was he hurt?

Sounded to me that the O-line was the problem, not necessarily the backs. But I wasn't at the game to see what happened.

Sounded to me that the O-line was the problem, not necessarily the backs. But I wasn't at the game to see what happened.

The O-line was terrible. The tackles were both constantly getting beat on passing plays and the guards could not run block at all. Hopefully having Devin Head back next game will help.

He had no where to run. It seemed like all of his carries were out of the shotgun and he had nowhere to go. The offensive line stunk.

Ok. Thoughts:

Mohler looks like the real deal. Got hurt tho. #52 (name?) came in and just played solid.

NO pressure all day from our front 4. Not looking good.

Our ENTIRE O line played terribly. The only one who looked good was girthy. Only one bad snap! 5 star Miller just got toasted all day. Cody never had time. it was shocking. The fact that we got any rushing yards at all is amazing. this leads too..

Scott is amazing. Just amazing. He earned every single yard he got today. He did not have a single run that did not involve dodging people in teh backfield. We need to get a new way to run the ****ing ball. end of story.

Speedy looked good. He did not play in the 2nd half (wtf?).

Smith is lightning in a bottle. That analogy fits in several ways. You never know whats gonna happen (good or bad) when he gets it.

Defense had a damn fine game. Terrible first drive but then they settled down and basically held the other team to a field goal the rest of the game. The interior D looked great and just stuffed everything.

Without a certain Senior strong safety, Cu does not win this game. Walters was amazing today.

Cody had an AWFUL couple of series in the 2nd quarter. The pick 6 was inexcuseable, and he missed a wide open cody crawford AND scotty mcknight (that was in the 3rd) before he settled down. GREAT fourth quarter for him tho. Great. The tying TD drive was basically all him. Ice cold despite some pretty serious pressure because of our turnstile O line.

Overall thoughts:

Defense is much better then I thought it would be.

Offense looked scary bad. Scary scary scary bad. I really really hope they figure out how to run the ball (Pistol Offense please?) or at least give it to scott in Motion. The guy is a beast. Just a beast. It takes 2 to take him down AT LEAST. SICK STIFF ARM.

So at least we have playmakers on Offense. Now if only the ****ing Oline would play well or the coach would figure out how to run the ball...

Pro: The offense and defense showed up when it mattered.

Con: We almost lost to Eastern Washington.

Ok. Thoughts:

Mohler looks like the real deal. Got hurt tho. #52 (name?) came in and just played solid.

NO pressure all day from our front 4. Not looking good.

Our ENTIRE O line played terribly. The only one who looked good was girthy. Only one bad snap! 5 star Miller just got toasted all day. Cody never had time. it was shocking. The fact that we got any rushing yards at all is amazing. this leads too..

Scott is amazing. Just amazing. He earned every single yard he got today. He did not have a single run that did not involve dodging people in teh backfield. We need to get a new way to run the ****ing ball. end of story.

Speedy looked good. He did not play in the 2nd half (wtf?).

Smith is lightning in a bottle. That analogy fits in several ways. You never know whats gonna happen (good or bad) when he gets it.

Defense had a damn fine game. Terrible first drive but then they settled down and basically held the other team to a field goal the rest of the game. The interior D looked great and just stuffed everything.

Without a certain Senior strong safety, Cu does not win this game. Walters was amazing today.

Cody had an AWFUL couple of series in the 2nd quarter. The pick 6 was inexcuseable, and he missed a wide open cody crawford AND scotty mcknight (that was in the 3rd) before he settled down. GREAT fourth quarter for him tho. Great. The tying TD drive was basically all him. Ice cold despite some pretty serious pressure because of our turnstile O line.

Overall thoughts:

Defense is much better then I thought it would be.

Offense looked scary bad. Scary scary scary bad. I really really hope they figure out how to run the ball (Pistol Offense please?) or at least give it to scott in Motion. The guy is a beast. Just a beast. It takes 2 to take him down AT LEAST. SICK STIFF ARM.

So at least we have playmakers on Offense. Now if only the ****ing Oline would play well or the coach would figure out how to run the ball...

I-formation?

I don't think Dan is being the bow. Feels more like he is trying to discover why the bow exists. Curious who he will quote to after this one.

Not to take anything away from EWU. They played a good game (I am assuming).

special teams are still scaring the crap out of me... too many errors, even accounting for j. smith's big plays

Why are special teams scaring you. Josh Smith is among the NCAA leaders in both kickoff and punt returns. Davis is kicking off as well as anyone in the NCAA. Dillalo looked good today. Coverage is great. What do you want?

I picked up the broadcast at the half due to another commitment, that being the case my thoughts:

- Offense could get nothing going due to lack of execution up front. this lead to the passing/running games doing poorly
- each snap sounded like a trackmeet with our qb and rb dodging oncoming defenders
- McKnight saved us late in the game; sounded like he came back to cody/coaches and 'dudes, I am wide open on this (i think it was down the left side - but it was on the radio) post pattern... they came back to him for a big gain
- the front of E.W. must be unbelievable because I know their names now! WTF!
- our defensed sounded like they came to play
- late shoulder injury to mohler?
- brad jones sounded like he had a good game
- cha'pel brown for president! screw obama and mccain!

it appears we stole this one boys and girls

Last edited:
Back