What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado at Oregon State Game Day Thread

Could have won that game without their best player for the second half if they had "only" turned it over 20 times. That's what pisses me off.

The officiating was poor, no doubt. But we put ourselves in that position where it mattered whether or not the officiating was neutral or otherwise. If we take away 10 of our turnovers, for a more realistic number, the refs can't dictate the game.

Certainly. We were poor. But OSU was essentially gifted two wins this week. It just keeps on happening in this conference

Certainly. We were poor. But OSU was essentially gifted two wins this week. It just keeps on happening in this conference

Yeah, and OSU is not deserving either. If it's Oregon getting those calls on an off night, you live with it.

24 turnovers

You simply cannot do that and win a basketball game. Especially on the road. Figure that's double what it should be. Then figure something close to a point per possession for those 12 lost possessions. Add in the harm it does your defense with points off turnovers given up.

And despite that. And despite Josh and King combining for 2 points. CU still should have won this game. Brutal.

Not going to call this a "must" win. But we really needed it.

Wasn't a "must", but instead of discussing a likely P12T bye and our Dance seed, things are creeping towards the bubble and very much looking like another year of an extra P12T game

Wasn't a "must", but instead of discussing a likely P12T bye and our Dance seed, things are creeping towards the bubble and very much looking like another year of an extra P12T game

These upcoming home games are in the "must" category, imo. At least as much as games can be at this stage of the season with a 17-7 team that's #26 RPI.

Maybe instead of imposing summer practice in Boulder, they should do it anywhere else but Boulder.

These upcoming home games are in the "must" category, imo. At least as much as games can be at this stage of the season with a 17-7 team that's #26 RPI.

What makes me nervous (I believe you feel the same way) is not only Washington and Arizona, but the fact that ASU is absolutely capable of coming in and beating us. They're not as bad as their record and are capable of giving us matchup issues.

What makes me nervous (I believe you feel the same way) is not only Washington and Arizona, but the fact that ASU is absolutely capable of coming in and beating us. They're not as bad as their record and are capable of giving us matchup issues.

For sure.

With ASU, we have no one on the perimeter who can keep Tra Holder from getting wherever he wants to go with the ball.

Living in Seattle since 2000, I always heard friends whining about P12 refs and always thought "C'mon, really? All refs are the same..." But since CU joined and I've watched several seasons now, there's something there. Foul calls are completely all over the place. Tonight was an embarrassment.

But 24 turnovers. That's the game right there.

Will these guys ever put it all together or are they destined to be inconsistent game in and game out? I never know what to expect. It's maddening.

Maybe instead of imposing summer practice in Boulder, they should do it anywhere else but Boulder.

You do realize that the BB season crosses over two semesters. The players need to go to summer sessions to keep on track for graduation. Unless that is not important to you. If they are going to be in Boulder for summer sessions, then why not practice.

If you want maybe we can move summer practices to LA or Hawaii. That way we can make sure the student/athletes do not graduate. That makes sense.

You do realize that the BB season crosses over two semesters. The players need to go to summer sessions to keep on track for graduation. Unless that is not important to you. If they are going to be in Boulder for summer sessions, then why not practice.

If you want maybe we can move summer practices to LA or Hawaii. That way we can make sure the student/athletes do not graduate. That makes sense.
Lighten up Lucy.

Will these guys ever put it all together or are they destined to be inconsistent game in and game out? I never know what to expect. It's maddening.

Not to oversimplify, but until we have an upperclassman PG that can bring it every night, these issues will be magnified.

Not to oversimplify, but until we have an upperclassman PG that can bring it every night, these issues will be magnified.

PG play is the problem. For several years, actually. When we had Spencer, there was no backup. Foul trouble or just giving him rest was the biggest thing holding those teams back.

May need a win in Vegas on top of that to truly be at ease, but 4-3 should have our RPI about 30-35 which should do the trick.

But even then what kind of a seed would that give us. We have got to stop giving away games. Every time you give away a win with turnovers, etc. it puts you in a worse place in the brackets.

I want to see us start not only making the tourney but having good enough seeds that we can realistically expect to win the first round game and move on.instead of hoping to get a tourney win.

PG play is the problem. For several years, actually. When we had Spencer, there was no backup. Foul trouble or just giving him rest was the biggest thing holding those teams back.
Yep. Every time Dom has taken a step forward over a 2-3 game stretch, he immediately takes a step back. Talton has largely been a liability for 4 years. Yaz has potential, love his handle and creativity but wonder if he'll learn how to finish. He's not a good shooter.

Haha. Someone just doesn't get it.

That was beyond brutal. CU basically gifted that game. How many points off of turnovers did they give up? Ten at minimum and probably more. Regardless of what happened at the end of the game or Josh's injury the turnovers made all the hard work too hard to overcome. Boy I hope that in four weeks or so this loss as well as the loss to Utah don't come to hurt them.

It's true the specifics of each game and individual performances have been wildly inconsistent. However, the hone-and-away point margins have been amazingly consistent. Apologies for the repetition, but it's about a 20-point advantage at CEC. Based on that we should blow our Wazzu and beat the Ws in a fairly close game. And lose badly at Utah. No comparisons for the AZ or SoCal teams, but it will be better v AZs that we're at home, and worse in SoCal that we're not. I don't expect ASU to be a problem. Of course it will be a big help if Josh is ok...

So sick of the turnovers. Seems like every game Tad says "we need to limit our turnovers." I would think that after 10 incidences he and the players he coaches would do something about that. Then last night seems about as bad as it can get. Come on guys. You KNOW what the problem is...DO something about it!

Back