What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Daily – Wash. State

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

[h=3]Colorado Daily – Washington State[/h]September 16th
Washington State has a quarterback controversy, too
Colorado played three quarterbacks against Fresno State, with none of the three distinguishing themselves. The question as to which quarterback will start against Washington State remains an open one … with Buff coaches largely left to pick amongst the least objectionable choice.
Washington State, meanwhile, may also have a quarterback controversy, but of a much better kind …
From the Spokane Spokesman-Review… What happened in Las Vegas won’t stay there when it comes to Washington State’s quarterback competition.
And yes, it’s probably safe to call it that now.
How could it not be? Connor Halliday’s 378 passing yards and four touchdowns spoke for themselves in WSU’s 35-27 win over UNLV on Friday.
What remains to be seen is whether senior Jeff Tuel’s right knee injury will keep him out of next week’s game against Colorado, or whether Halliday’s performance might have vaulted him into contention for the starting job even if Tuel is healthy.
The only certainty: Coach Mike Leach is saying nothing, but using a whole lot of words to do it.
“As always, suspense – why do people watch games? Because of suspense, because they want to know what’s going to happen,” Leach said. “I’m not a guy that tells people the ending to a movie if they haven’t seen it and I’m certainly not going to share that with you. If you want to know how it turns out, you’ve got to come see the movie.”
Famed director Peter Berg is one of Leach’s close friends, after all.
And even if Leach won’t confirm who will have the starring role at quarterback next week, he acknowledged that despite throwing two interceptions, Halliday played well considering the relative lack of repetitions he received in camp.
“For a guy that hadn’t played football for a long time, (I) thought he played good,” Leach said. “Obviously, two balls he’d like to have back, one he threw behind a guy, the other one he just threw it off his back foot. I thought (he was) really calm for a guy that hadn’t played a game. I think his demeanor was really good.”
Halliday showed a willingness to throw the ball down the field, completing three passes of 47 yards or longer – two of which (54 yards to Gabe Marks and 81 yards to Marquess Wilson) went for touchdowns.

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to vie

Back