What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado football is coming back under MacIntyre

Leavitt might be the difference maker. MM takes the project so far, but his finding nemo pep talks wear thin with the players. Leavitt has the chops to get 'em over the top.
It may take 1 more year of Leavitt recruiting his type of guys for the D, but Rick George struck gold with his strong suggestion that Leavitt join the staff.

please elaborate

Leavitt might be the difference maker. MM takes the project so far, but his finding nemo pep talks wear thin with the players. Leavitt has the chops to get 'em over the top.
It may take 1 more year of Leavitt recruiting his type of guys for the D, but Rick George struck gold with his strong suggestion that Leavitt join the staff.

Mike MacIntyre is the initial reason Jim Leavitt is the DC at CU. Rick George may have gone to bat with the administration, at the request of HCMM, but give Mac some credit here.

Expecting CU to pull of 4 straight victories (when was the last time even we won even 3 in a row... or 2?) against any opponent is actually asking quite a bit

Unfortunately true. However, it also means that going 4-0 to start the season is meaningful.

Mike MacIntyre is the initial reason Jim Leavitt is the DC at CU. Rick George may have gone to bat with the administration, at the request of HCMM, but give Mac some credit here.
I give Mac most of the credit. RG didn't do the recruiting of JL and JL isn't working day to day with RG. Mac gets most of the credit and RG some for helping with admin or at least not getting the way. Mac has been making all the right moves since he got here IMO...just waiting for it to all pay off with wins.

SIAP, but I heard Joel Klatt on 104.3 yesterday and his expectations are exactly those mentioned earlier in the thread (4-0 non-con, 2 wins in conference, with 3 and a bowl being a stretch goal by either beating WSU or Utah). Those seem reasonable. He also said that he thought that MM needed a minimum 5 wins to be safe based upon what he was hearing, mostly due to the light OOC schedule.

Given all the "moral victories" we touted last year, I would think everyone would agree with those expectations (4 wins = fired, 5 wins = hot seat for 2016, 6 wins = met expectations, 7 wins and a bowl = exceeding expectations). I certainly do.

Also, as a side note, he said that Joey Harrington has a tournament at Bandon Dunes every year wherein he invites a 2-person team from every school in the Pac 12 and Joel and Kordell Stewart won it this year.

I give Mac most of the credit. RG didn't do the recruiting of JL and JL isn't working day to day with RG. Mac gets most of the credit and RG some for helping with admin or at least not getting the way. Mac has been making all the right moves since he got here IMO...just waiting for it to all pay off with wins.

what

You consistently have exactly 0 input worthwhile on this topic. It stopped being funny a long time ago. You don't think anything HCMM has done has been positive. We get it. We all get it. Its worn out and extremely annoying at this point. If you disagree with things the HC has done then list them please. Provide input and be a contributing piece to the conversation.

You consistently have exactly 0 input worthwhile on this topic. It stopped being funny a long time ago. You don't think anything HCMM has done has been positive. We get it. We all get it. Its worn out and extremely annoying at this point. If you disagree with things the HC has done then list them please. Provide input and be a contributing piece to the conversation.

I already have brah. Just have to laugh at "MM has done everything right so far."

I want CU to go 4-0 but I think people in general and CU fans are underestimating just how dangerous Hawaii is on the islands.......I personally have that as a toss up game

I want CU to go 4-0 but I think people in general and CU fans are underestimating just how dangerous Hawaii is on the islands.......I personally have that as a toss up game

This game isn't a toss up, if it was Vegas and OS lines wouldn't be >10 in our favor. I'm fully aware that Vegas lines are not a real prediction of the outcome score margin wise, but rather to get equal money, but that is very telling. On top of that they have brand new coordinators and a brand new QB.

This isn't a toss up and it's game people expect us to win. Hell even the Hawaii SBNation people expect us to win by 14 to 17 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

I think Mac has made a ton of good moves...focusing on instate recruiting, firing Baer, hiring JL, benching Connor Wood, refocusing the S&C program, big jump in offense last year and being very professional and approachable in the media. I was a bit generous in my praise of saying "all the right moves", but overall I think he's done a great job considering the **** sandwich he inherited. Ultimately I know he needs to win, but his first 2 years have been pretty good IMO...hell...he had us competitive in all but 2 games last year...a far cry from the last 2-3 years prior.

Last edited:
This game isn't a toss up, if it was Vegas and OS lines wouldn't be >10 in our favor. I'm fully aware that Vegas lines are not a real prediction of the outcome score margin wise, but rather to get equal money, but that is very telling. On top of that they have brand new coordinators and a brand new QB.

This isn't a toss up and it's game people expect us to win.

Pretty sure you said something similar about our first game last year.

This isn't a toss up and it's game people expect us to win.

I expect us to win too...I am a CU fan....but I don't think you can just simply put it down as a win....Hawaii has a decent chance (40%) to beat CU

Pretty sure you said something similar about our first game last year.

And the rational is still correct...nor were we double digit favorites in our first game last year.

But wait, what about the rivalry aspect? That seems to only fit the agenda when people want it to.

I expect us to win too...I am a CU fan....but I don't think you can just simply put it down as a win....Hawaii has a decent chance (40%) to beat CU

Not according to the historical win% compared to Vegas spreads. In fact, it's about 11-14% for them.

We've all been burned so much the last 10 years its extremely difficult to make any prediction. I just remember the last time I had a great feeling about winning the first game of the year, let alone, going 4-0. Everyone is in prove it mode at this point.

We've all been burned so much the last 10 years its extremely difficult to make any prediction. I just remember the last time I had a great feeling about winning the first game of the year, let alone, going 4-0. Everyone is in prove it mode at this point.

I think that is one thing, no matter where you stand on the issue of the head coach, that we all can agree on. The excuses are gone. It is now put up or shut up time. It is time for HCMM and his staff and his team to start showing real tangible signs of improvement in the only stat that truly matters. The W-L column.

Last edited:
With the offense that we have coming back, paired with an elite coordinator for the defensive end, it's unreasonable to expect anything less than 4-0.

I think that is one thing, no matter where you stand on the issue of the head coach, that we all can agree on. The excuses are gone. It is not put up or shut up time. It is time for HCMM and his staff and his team to start showing real tangible signs of improvement in the only stat that truly matters. The W-L column.

This is the whole point.

We can talk about talent and coaches and systems and lousy opponents and everything else we want to.

Bottom line is that this is a team that has won 6 games in two years including wins against FCS competition. Hawaii may have new coaches and limited talent but until I see this team win a game on the road that they are supposed to win against a team like Hawaii then I'm not counting anything as a given. Last year UMass was a worse team than Hawaii is and we were lucky to escape from there with a win.

It may sound sensationalist but the Hawaii game may be the most important game for CU in ten years. Win and we have a road win in a tough place, we have confidence going into the sheep game which could very rationally lead to a 4-0 start, momentum with fans and recruits that put the program back on track. We end up with at worst a season that M2 can build on to return us to competitiveness.

Lose to Hawaii and lots of the team goes into "Here we go again" mode. We would be likely to have trouble with CSU meaning that we start 0-2 and may have a hard time winning more than 2-3 games all year. Recruits question coming to CU, fans check out, and M2 becomes a lame duck with one more year before we start all over again.

Is there a stance in there? Or just a 10 year summary?

Had a twenty minute drive today listening to a Pac 12 discussion placing CU at 11 or 12. I hope all of you are right at 4-0 or 3-1. I think if MM doesn't win3 this year, he won't be coach next year.

Last edited:
Had a twenty minute drive today listening to a space 12 discussion placing CU at 11 or 12. I hope all of you are right at 4-0 or 3-1. I think if MM doesn't win3 this year, he won't be coach next year.

If he doesn't win 3 games this year, he shouldn't be coach next year.

And the rational is still correct...nor were we double digit favorites in our first game last year.

But wait, what about the rivalry aspect? That seems to only fit the agenda when people want it to.

Except we're not double digit favorites. And lol at you arguing the "rationale" of a prediction that went completely wrong.

Is there a stance in there? Or just a 10 year summary?

Can you flippin read.

There was no summary there except of what really matters, the recent history of this team which means that until proven otherwise it's foolish to count any road game as a win prior to actually doing it.

Would you like a 10 year summary of our awesome results on the road. They would include the last time we went to Hawaii in JE's first game, one I'm sure you called as at least a 24 point Buff victory. Ended up as an ugly beat down that should have told us what we needed to know about our program and staff at the time.

If M2 lays a similar egg this year it's hard to see a good outcome for his future as CU head coach.

Except we're not double digit favorites. And lol at you arguing the "rationale" of a prediction that went completely wrong.

SportsInsight:
260b2dc3296d0e658f38ab9f31726880.jpg

Teams who lose significant amount of production tend to regress the following year. Teams who lose close games tend to improve their record. I have data to back it up and have posted it multiple times. I'm sure you have a better data source than Phil Steele though, right?

It may sound sensationalist but the Hawaii game may be the most important game for CU in ten years. Win and we have a road win in a tough place, we have confidence going into the sheep game which could very rationally lead to a 4-0 start, momentum with fans and recruits that put the program back on track. We end up with at worst a season that M2 can build on to return us to competitiveness.

Lose to Hawaii and lots of the team goes into "Here we go again" mode. We would be likely to have trouble with CSU meaning that we start 0-2 and may have a hard time winning more than 2-3 games all year. Recruits question coming to CU, fans check out, and M2 becomes a lame duck with one more year before we start all over again.

This doesn't just sound sensational, it is one of the most over-the-top, dramatic thoughts I've read regarding the Hawaii game.

CSU is week 3, btw...

This doesn't just sound sensational, it is one of the most over-the-top, dramatic thoughts I've read regarding the Hawaii game.

CSU is week 3, btw...

So we are talking 4-0, talking about a turnaround recruiting class, talking about competing for a bowl, building momentum for the future.

What does it mean if we go out to the islands and return with an ugly loss, and any loss to Hawaii would be an ugly loss?

So we are talking 4-0, talking about a turnaround recruiting class, talking about competing for a bowl, building momentum for the future.

What does it mean if we go out to the islands and return with an ugly loss, and any loss to Hawaii would be an ugly loss?
It means MacIntyre isn't the guy. Losing to a team that is predicted to finish at the bottom of the MWC along with UNLV and a team that is replacing two coordinators and their QB is completely unacceptable at this time in his tenure.

Back