What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado football is coming back under MacIntyre

So we are talking 4-0, talking about a turnaround recruiting class, talking about competing for a bowl, building momentum for the future.

What does it mean if we go out to the islands and return with an ugly loss, and any loss to Hawaii would be an ugly loss?

Using your "one thing leads to another" dynamic...

It means we'd be 0-1. We then play UMass the following week at home and end up 1-1. Our confidence comes back, we get up for "rivalry week" and we go play CSU and beat them to get to 2-1. Our team is now believing and we beat Nicholls by 30+ to get to 3-1. The first big blowout of the MM era has our guys supremely confident and even more amped for a week 5 showdown in front of a sold out Folsom Field against the top 5 ranked Ducks. We pull out a miraculous win and the program is now 4-1, ranked in the top 25, and everybody is talking about the glory days. Recruits are flocking to Boulder like the salmon of Capistrano. All is right in the world for Colorado football.

It means we'd be 0-1. We then play UMass the following week at home and end up 1-1. Our confidence comes back, we get up for "rivalry week" and we go play CSU and beat them to get to 2-1. Our team is now believing and we beat Nicholls by 30+ to get to 3-1. The first big blowout of the MM era has our guys supremely confident and even more amped for a week 5 showdown in front of a sold out Folsom Field against the top 5 ranked Ducks. We pull out a miraculous win and the program is now 4-1, ranked in the top 25, and everybody is talking about the glory days. Recruits are flocking to Boulder like the salmon of Capistrano. All is right in the world for Colorado football.

:smile2:

It's a beautiful thought.

And they better not ****ing lose to the Bows.

We wouldn't be ranked at 4-1 with a loss to Hawaii.

I wouldn't care at that point in time in the slightest because we would just beat oregon.

It means MacIntyre isn't the guy. Losing to a team that is predicted to finish at the bottom of the MWC along with UNLV and a team that is replacing two coordinators and their QB is completely unacceptable at this time in his tenure.

Will you be leading the charge for him to be replaced at the end of the season if it happens?

Last edited:
Lets say they don't. They go 4-9 or 5-8.
I think 4 wins you have to look at your options and lean towards making a move if you think you can turn it around quickly with someone else.

I think a lot of people are predicting 5 wins. 5 wins shows you at least won 2 conference games. 4-5 wins still isn't where we want to be and probably leans to this staff not getting it done in the long run.

SportsInsight:
260b2dc3296d0e658f38ab9f31726880.jpg

Teams who lose significant amount of production tend to regress the following year. Teams who lose close games tend to improve their record. I have data to back it up and have posted it multiple times. I'm sure you have a better data source than Phil Steele though, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny one there is that Boise is favored so much over their former coach at a P5 school. It's at Boise, sure, but still. Has to sting a bit for the UW coach.

Funny one there is that Boise is favored so much over their former coach at a P5 school. It's at Boise, sure, but still. Has to sting a bit for the UW coach.
Didn't notice that but that's funny. UW could have a very rough year.

We you be leading the charge for him to be replaced at the end of the season if it happens?

I'm really enjoying the way Tini, after moving the goalposts so much the past few seasons, has completely reversed course and painted himself into a corner with all his "time to earn his paycheck", and "4-0 should be the expectation" rhetoric.

Either CU starts 4-0 and we have a really good season, or Tini is going to be eating major crow for 2 years of his bulls**t. Win/win if you ask me.

I'm really enjoying the way Tini, after moving the goalposts so much the past few seasons, has completely reversed course and painted himself into a corner with all his "time to earn his paycheck", and "4-0 should be the expectation" rhetoric.

Either CU starts 4-0 and we have a really good season, or Tini is going to be eating major crow for 2 years of his bulls**t. Win/win if you ask me.
You're right, I'm the only one saying that stuff.

What if CU wins the rest of their games this year, or makes a bowl game?

Lets say they don't. They go 4-9 or 5-8.

And you can give all the hypotheticals you want. CU could beat Oregon and USC!

Issue is Hawaii isn't a very good team but it is a road game. It is likely to be a game that sets a tone for the season.

Lose to Hawaii and even if you win the next 3 you need 2 conference wins to get to 5, I doubt that will happen with the negative momentum, the team believes that it is a different year but same results coming. In fact lose to Hawaii and I think we have a big problem beating a much better CSU team that is focused on beating us and believes after last year they can and will.

Can't wait

And you can give all the hypotheticals you want. CU could beat Oregon and USC!

Issue is Hawaii isn't a very good team but it is a road game. It is likely to be a game that sets a tone for the season.

Lose to Hawaii and even if you win the next 3 you need 2 conference wins to get to 5, I doubt that will happen with the negative momentum, the team believes that it is a different year but same results coming. In fact lose to Hawaii and I think we have a big problem beating a much better CSU team that is focused on beating us and believes after last year they can and will.

What are you even talking about?

What are you even talking about?

Take off the blinders, CSU kicked the crap out of us last year.

They are a much more talented team than Hawaii and the CU game is the game they focus their season on. After beating us last year and if they see an inferior Hawaii team beat us this year what makes you think they won't come in confident and prepared. Combine that with a CU team that would already have shaken confidence and suddenly a 2-2 OOC becomes a very real (and ugly) possibility.

Or are you going to go tini on us and ignore the possibility we could lose games to anyone other than top 25 teams.

I am not saying in any way we will lose to Hawaii, I expect us to win and to build on that success taking a big step forward this season.

This doesn't mean I am ignoring the possibility that we do lose and if we do I think it will be much more than just losing another game.

Take off the blinders, CSU kicked the crap out of us last year.

They are a much more talented team than Hawaii and the CU game is the game they focus their season on. After beating us last year and if they see an inferior Hawaii team beat us this year what makes you think they won't come in confident and prepared. Combine that with a CU team that would already have shaken confidence and suddenly a 2-2 OOC becomes a very real (and ugly) possibility.

Or are you going to go tini on us and ignore the possibility we could lose games to anyone other than top 25 teams.

I am not saying in any way we will lose to Hawaii, I expect us to win and to build on that success taking a big step forward this season.

This doesn't mean I am ignoring the possibility that we do lose and if we do I think it will be much more than just losing another game.

I thought your statement of "a much better CSU team" meant you believe CSU has a much better team than CU, so I apologize if you were referring to CSU being better than Hawaii.

Either way, I'm just not a huge fan of so many arbitrary correlations that you keep trying to push. Saying that losing to Hawaii is going to ruin the confidence of the players and lead to CSU beating us and an ugly 2-2 OOC record and HCMM not being the guy, etc. is such laughable speculation.

Once we know the result of the Hawaii and UMass games, we will have a better understanding of where this team stacks up against an extremely unknown CSU team.

I thought your statement of "a much better CSU team" meant you believe CSU has a much better team than CU, so I apologize if you were referring to CSU being better than Hawaii.

Either way, I'm just not a huge fan of so many arbitrary correlations that you keep trying to push. Saying that losing to Hawaii is going to ruin the confidence of the players and lead to CSU beating us and an ugly 2-2 OOC record and HCMM not being the guy, etc. is such laughable speculation.

Once we know the result of the Hawaii and UMass games, we will have a better understanding of where this team stacks up against an extremely unknown CSU team.

Yes I was referring to CSU being better than Hawaii. From a pure roster standpoint, especially considering their losses from last years team we should have a big advantage over them.

Unfortunately many of us, myself included, said the same thing last year and we know what happened.

You coach, you know that attitude is a huge factor that makes certain talent differences disappear. CU has been beaten down so often in so many different ways that I see a very fragile team. Beat Hawaii and the plane ride back is all about a new era in Buff football, a road win, a we can do it attitude. Beat UMass the following week and you get a team that is 2-0 and believes in themselves. They see this as a different year and time to pay CSU back for last year.

Lose and even beating UMass leaves a team that questions itself. A couple bad breaks against a pumped up CSU team and they start thinking about how they lose this one.

Leavitt might be the difference maker. MM takes the project so far, but his finding nemo pep talks wear thin with the players. Leavitt has the chops to get 'em over the top.
It may take 1 more year of Leavitt recruiting his type of guys for the D, but Rick George struck gold with his strong suggestion that Leavitt join the staff.

Nice revisionist history from the Chief Dip Wad on the board! RG was a Baseball/golf guy fro so long, not sure he even knew who Leavitt was or where he was.

Yeah, twist it all you want, mr insider-poseur.

Guess if we lose to Hawaii RG should just Fire HCMM before he gets on the plane home and make JL the interim coach since it will be obvious to all he isn't the guy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I was referring to CSU being better than Hawaii. From a pure roster standpoint, especially considering their losses from last years team we should have a big advantage over them.

Unfortunately many of us, myself included, said the same thing last year and we know what happened.

You coach, you know that attitude is a huge factor that makes certain talent differences disappear. CU has been beaten down so often in so many different ways that I see a very fragile team. Beat Hawaii and the plane ride back is all about a new era in Buff football, a road win, a we can do it attitude. Beat UMass the following week and you get a team that is 2-0 and believes in themselves. They see this as a different year and time to pay CSU back for last year.

Lose and even beating UMass leaves a team that questions itself. A couple bad breaks against a pumped up CSU team and they start thinking about how they lose this one.

WRONG! "Fragile teams" don't consistently hang tough with their opponents. They give up at the drop of a hat and begin eyeing the field for exits as early as possible! See: Wate rBottle's team at Fresno State, 2nd QTR....or any other game that team played in the worst year of CU FB, EVAH!

Mac's teams are the exact opposite, regulaly storming back from FUBARS or adversity, but not having enough confidence, experience and saavy to make that final play that wins the game. Rather this team is more"never-say-die", "it aint over til its over" in its attitude. That's far from fragile....

Guess if we lose to Hawaii RG should just Fire HCMM before he gets on the plane home and make JL the interim coach since it will be obvious to all he isn't the guy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why should RG hire JL? He would have had just as big a part in a loss to UH as Mac.

Fire 'em both and hire Dave Logan!

thinking of hawaii as a "job game" kinda bugs me. we've fallen so far for so long. at this point, i just want to let the season play out and evaluate it holistically. this is year 3 and i view it as a "job year" for MM to a large extent, but you have to look at the whole picture. injuries, luck, momentum, quality wins, overall record, etc.

for a team that has been as down as we have been, this is not a "gimme" ooc schedule. the goat-****ers from fort flatlands are going to be a challenge, as will be the 'bows.

the p12 slate looks daunting as the himalayas to me. our so-called easier games are on the road.

if you want to take all doubt out of it, then make a bowl. if this staff can get this team this year to a bowl game, i will feel a lot more comfortable about where we are headed. if not, then it is all shades of gray and degrees of suckitude, unless we have the big epic meltdown season and in that case, the decision is made easier.

Great Wizzersdouche, it sounds like you should take a break from reproducing with goats and get into the real world. RG's background included baseball, golf and probably curling and darts..who gives a rats ass. The guy is the sharpest thing to hit the CU athletic department in a long while. The guy means business and gets results. No revisionist history here...just the facts. MM has done a great job rescuing the CU football program from the unorganized-leaderless ship that it was. You are a bigger fool than you let on if you don't think that RG had to usher the Leavitt hire through the CU hierarchy...look at why Leavitt was let go in his previous job. From what I gather from the players, Leavitt is the real deal and inspires them in a way that Brian Cabral formerly did. In MM's first campaign, he wasn't ready for the rigors of the Pac 12....some of his motivational methods didn't exactly crank up the troops...MM has made some very good adjustments in his approach over the last couple of years...time for them to bear fruit..Mr. Wizzersdouche..have a great weekend, my friend !

It means MacIntyre isn't the guy. Losing to a team that is predicted to finish at the bottom of the MWC along with UNLV and a team that is replacing two coordinators and their QB is completely unacceptable at this time in his tenure.

:lol:

Back