What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Colorado Men's Basketball Roster & Schedule

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
2017-18 MBB Schedule
DateOpponentLocationTime (MT)NetworkResult
Fri 11-10Northern ColoradoBoulder, CO
Tue 11-14DenverBoulder, CO
Fri, 11-17QuinnipiacSt. Thomas, USVI4:30
Sat/Sun, 11-17/18Wake Forest or DrakeSt. Thomas, USVI
Mon, 11-20Mercer/Liberty/Drexel/HoustonSt. Thomas, USVI
Sun, 11-26Air ForceBoulder, CO
Sat, 12-2Colorado StateFt. Collins, CO
Wed, 12-6New MexicoBoulder, CO
Sat, 12-9XavierCincinnati, OH
Tue, 12-12San DiegoBoulder, CO
Fri, 12-15South Dakota StateBoulder, CO
Fri, 12-22IowaSioux Falls, SD
Wk of 12-27/31@Oregon or @Oregon StateTBA
Wk of 12-27/31@Oregon or @Oregon StateTBA
Wk of 1-3/7Arizona or Arizona StateBoulder, CO
Wk of 1-3/7Arizona or Arizona StateBoulder, CO
Wk of 1-10/14@UCLA or @USCTBA
Wk of 1-10/14@UCLA or @USCTBA
Wk of 1-17/21Washington or Washington StateBoulder, CO
Wk of 1-17/21Washington or Washington StateBoulder, CO
Wk of 1-24/28@Arizona or @Arizona StateTBA
Wk of 1-24/28@Arizona or @Arizona StateTBA
Wk of 1-31/2-4UtahBoulder, CO
Wk of 2-7/11Cal or StanfordBoulder, CO
Wk of 2/7-11Cal or StanfordBoulder, CO
Wk of 2/14-18@Washington or @Washington StateTBA
Wk of 2/14-18@Washington or @Washington StateTBA
Wk of 2-21/25UCLA or USCBoulder, CO
Wk of 2-21/25UCLA or USCBoulder, CO
Wk of 2-28/3-3@UtahSalt Lake City, UT
Wk of 3-7/10PAC-12 TOURNAMENTLas Vegas, NV
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2017-18 MBB Roster
ClassPlayerPositionHeightWeight
SeniorDominique CollierPG6'2"190
SeniorGeorge KingSF6'6"225
SeniorTory MillerC6'9"242
JuniorNamon WrightSG6'5"195
SophomoreDeleon BrownSG6'4"170
SophomoreLucas SiewertPF6'10"221
(Redshirting) FreshmanEvan BatteyPF6'7"275
FreshmanTyler BeySF6'7"185
FreshmanLazar NikolicPG6'8"205
FreshmanD'Shawn SchwartzSF6'5"210
FreshmanAlexander StratingPF6'7"212
FreshmanDallas WaltonC7'0"222
FreshmanMcKinley WrightPG6'0"180
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited by a moderator:
no future schedule thread, but CU signed a deal with New Mexico for a home and home series. Good excuse to see a game at the Pit!

The University of New Mexico has secured a home-and-home series with the Pac-12s Colorado Buffaloes starting next season, Craig Neal told the Journal.
The Lobos will play a game in Boulder, Colo., in the 2017-18 season and host the Buffaloes in the 2018-19 season.

ABQ Journal link

One of the big advantages that programs in the east have is that they schedule almost exclusively on the local level unless they're taking a body bag game at home or playing an inter-sectional matchup against another national brand program.

CU needs to start loading up its schedule with DU, CSU, UNCo and AFA along with a rotation that includes all of the border state programs: Wyoming, New Mexico, NM State, Grand Canyon, Northern Arizona, Utah State, Utah Valley, BYU, Weber State, Tulsa, Oral Roberts, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Wichita State, Creighton, Omaha and Nebraska. (I think I just named them all off the top of my head - I need to get a life. :ROFLMAO:) Throw in some Texas and California with that, for sure. These types of scheduling alliances are great for the program and they also build relationships in general for all of CU's athletic programs for when we need to get a VB or Soccer match scheduled that doesn't break banks on travel costs.

CU needs to start loading up its schedule with DU, CSU, UNCo and AFA along with a rotation that includes all of the border state programs: Wyoming, New Mexico, NM State, Grand Canyon, Northern Arizona, Utah State, Utah Valley, BYU, Weber State, Tulsa, Oral Roberts, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Wichita State, Creighton, Omaha and Nebraska. (I think I just named them all off the top of my head - I need to get a life. :ROFLMAO:)

You missed Southern Utah. :ROFLMAO: I looked it up, I think you got the rest. Ha.

Iowa has announced a game against us in Sioux Falls, SD December 2017.

That's gonna be a tough, tough neutral site game. Smaller arena that's going to be 90% Iowa fans. Great test ahead of Pac-12 play, though.

So, there are probably only 2 more non-con games to be scheduled (or that we haven't heard about yet). What we have so far, to my knowledge, is as follows with end of season RPI in parentheses:

@ Xavier (37)
@ Colorado State (66)
Iowa @ Sioux Falls (81)
New Mexico (86)
Denver (211)
Portland (237)
Air Force (251)
Northern Colorado (288)
Paradise Jam @ Virgin Islands (3 of the following):
  • Wake Forest (39)
  • Houston (54)
  • Liberty (173)
  • Mercer (193)
  • Quinnipiac (272)
  • Drexel (308)
  • Drake (314)
Here is who was on the non-con schedule for 2016-17, with their end of season 2015-16 RPI numbers:

Sacramento State (276)
Seattle (285)
Louisiana-Monroe (104)
Notre Dame @ Brooklyn (24)
Texas @ Brooklyn (34)
Wofford (202)
Colorado State (171)
@ Portland (250)
Xavier (8)
BYU (67)
Fort Hays State (none - D-II)
@ Air Force (222)
Eastern Washington (228)

I would anticipate them adding a D-II team to the list for next season, since that seems to have been the trend the last couple of years (Fort Hays, Fort Lewis). Looks to me like the schedule is going to be a bit weaker RPI-wise than it was last year coming in. Probably not the worst thing in the world given how young the team is likely to be, and that they'll have some stuff to work out in the early going.

I'm a DU alum so obviously I like seeing DU do well and get to play CU but honestly I'm surprised CU agreed to this. They really don't have anything to gain by playing the Pios whereas an upset would go a long way for DU and be somewhat of an embarrassment for Boyle. I'll take it I guess.

I'm a DU alum so obviously I like seeing DU do well and get to play CU but honestly I'm surprised CU agreed to this. They really don't have anything to gain by playing the Pios whereas an upset would go a long way for DU and be somewhat of an embarrassment for Boyle. I'll take it I guess.

Tad's helping Rodney out while keeping his budget down.

If it's taking the place of Ft. Hayes state or Sac State etc., I'm fine with it. If it's taking the place of Texas, BYU, Xavier, or the like I'm not good with it.

Washington plays Seattle regularly in hoops. It's an inexpensive game that draws better than bringing in a SWAC team or something, like we usually do for our non-con slate. We played Omaha from the same Summit conference. And, if we decide to play at DU, that would count as a road game for RPI but would get more of a neutral crowd with easy travel. There are good reasons for doing this. Same reasons why UNCo is on the schedule.

One thing that Tad's been doing that I like is having 2 big non-conference matchups on the schedule (home/away). Last year it was BYU and Xavier. This year, New Mexico replaces BYU. I'd assume that will continue.

What I would like to see is for this to go up a notch and have 2 homes & 2 aways with name programs every year.

If we had those 4 games, then we'd have the following for the non-conference (12 or 13 games):

4 name matchups (the Xavier/BYU type games)
4 local matchups (CSU, AFA, DU, UNC)
2 neutral tourney games*
1 local D2 game*
2 OTHER (probably gonna be cupcakes/ body bag games)*

*some tourneys have you play 3 games, so in years we're in one with that format either the D2 or body bag game would drop off the schedule.

Yeah, not sure this is great for anyone but @torerobuff

It's good news for anyone who wants to make a trip to sunny San Diego in December of 2018 to see a Buff victory. But yeah, this should count as one of Nik's above listed body bag games. I'm not exactly sure how it's only a one for one... maybe a game on the way to a Hawaii holiday trip for a tournament? Have 2018 holiday tournaments started filling?

One thing that Tad's been doing that I like is having 2 big non-conference matchups on the schedule (home/away). Last year it was BYU and Xavier. This year, New Mexico replaces BYU. I'd assume that will continue.

What I would like to see is for this to go up a notch and have 2 homes & 2 aways with name programs every year.
Few years go I was complaining that we needed to consistently face our regional powers like New Mexico, BYU, UNLV, and Gonzaga. Bummed to see they're all at a low point except the Zags. Also, with Tad being friends with Few and now having Grier, I have to turn my complaints to not playing the Zags. What's stopping a home and home?

Back