What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Needs To Be Proactive

I never even rushed. Don't care to live in a frat house.
You should rush my fraternity, we won't haze you I promise :devil:.

But ya your right. Why would anyone want to live in an old mansion with a bunch of your friends with a big yard and and basketball court out back and a private chef and pool tables and big screen tv's and parties all the time and hot girls always around. It really sucks, living in some crappy apartment or dorm room is much better.

You should rush my fraternity, we won't haze you I promise :devil:.

But ya your right. Why would anyone want to live in an old mansion with a bunch of your friends with a big yard and and basketball court out back and a private chef and pool tables and big screen tv's and parties all the time and hot girls always around. It really sucks, living in some crappy apartment or dorm room is much better.
What frat are you in? That part is cool but I hate the dirtiness of it and the lack of privacy you have. Also the bathrooms ****ing suck when you need to take a ****.

Do you have to live in the frat house at CU? When I was a frat boy, I took advantage of all the good stuff but lived off campus.

Do you have to live in the frat house at CU? When I was a frat boy, I took advantage of all the good stuff but lived off campus.
Depends on how many people they give bids I think and depends on the frat. I know Pi Kapp here you do for a year but at Sig Ep you don't. Either way, I have friends in frats and go to the parties anyway without having to do any cleaning after.

Untitled-1.jpg

messing around with, a football field would barely fit where carlton and balch is now. The rec center is too close. The only spot other than the existing practice fields to put a facility is franklin.
Football sized plot is yellow. Land probably necessary for parking, offices, weight rooms, sports medicine, locker rooms, team lounges, and all that other stuff is marked in blue.

View attachment 7439

messing around with, a football field would barely fit where carlton and balch is now. The rec center is too close. The only spot other than the existing practice fields to put a facility is franklin.
Football sized plot is yellow. Land probably necessary for parking, offices, weight rooms, sports medicine, locker rooms, team lounges, and all that other stuff is marked in blue.

Once again that it a ****** idea. Why build on the best tailgate area near Folsom?

Once again that it a ****** idea. Why build on the best tailgate area near Folsom?
Well one reason is because if we are to build it, its the only place with enough space.

Maybe the AD could be talked into closing Colorado Ave from Folsom up to the turn on campus and allow tailgaters to use the street. If thats not in play maybe they can figure something else out. Problem is on Main Campus there simply is not a lot of room.

Well one reason is because if we are to build it, its the only place with enough space.

Maybe the AD could be talked into closing Colorado Ave from Folsom up to the turn on campus and allow tailgaters to use the street. If thats not in play maybe they can figure something else out. Problem is on Main Campus there simply is not a lot of room.

Just put it on the practice field.

Just put it on the practice field.

What I think they should do is move the family housing buildings to the NE of the practice facilities and put a giant CU athletics facility right there on the corner of Folsom and Arapahoe Avenue. It would be very impressive, and would have direct access to the practice fields.

What I think they should do is move the family housing buildings to the NE of the practice facilities and put a giant CU athletics facility right there on the corner of Folsom and Arapahoe Avenue. It would be very impressive, and would have direct access to the practice fields.

That would be the best solution, just dont see it ever happening

View attachment 7439

Best option right there. Just move your tailgaiting to Farrand or by the Humanities building.

Best option right there. Just move your tailgaiting to Farrand or by the Humanities building.

You tell that to the donors that have parked and tailgated there for years. I seriously doubt they will get approval to put a big practice facility there.

You tell that to the donors that have parked and tailgated there for years. I seriously doubt they will get approval to put a big practice facility there.
Where else would they put it? Practice field isn't big enough to accomodate a true facility IMO. A new facility would look really good as you're heading up Folsom as well.

Don't touch Franklin. Folsom has a sick facade when viewed from the east, don't block that view with a new facility.

Don't touch Franklin. Folsom has a sick facade when viewed from the east, don't block that view with a new facility.
Agreed that it looks allsome but maybe a good architect could incorporate that into the new design? Problem with the campus compared to others is that their is almost zero room to put a facility in.

They don't need a whole new "sports facility." They can just expand Dal Ward and permanently dome-up one of the three practice fields. Cheaper and more practical.

Where else would they put it? Practice field isn't big enough to accomodate a true facility IMO. A new facility would look really good as you're heading up Folsom as well.

ahem...

They don't need a whole new "sports facility." They can just expand Dal Ward and permanently dome-up one of the three practice fields. Cheaper and more practical.
Not going to help recruiting. Go and take a look at Arkansas' new facilities, or South Carolina's, or Texas aTm's new facilites. There's a reason all of those teams have started to rise.

Not enough room to just "Dome Up" a field. Plus if that was even possible, we could not put in a track which would reduce the chances of this thing getting approved due to Title IX anyway

'Tini just told me that he doesn't care what changes are made to Folsom as long we keep the trough-style urinals in the bathrooms. He tends to enjoy the pee breaks more then the actual games. I'll leave it at that.

Back