What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Ranked #24 ... in tailgating

AlferdJasper

Hey, it's something.
It's a start.
We're in the top 25 and we are better than Michigan.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/426874-2010-college-football-preseason-rankings-the-top-25-tailgates#page/3

Tailgate_csu_vs_cu.jpg

Big XII teams:
aTm, tu, OU, CU ..... interesting. No Okie Lite, TTech, or niblets.

Pac-10 teams:
Washington. Come on, Pac-10. You guys need to step up your game!!

The SackyGate is the best tailgate I've ever been at.

I have never tailgated on a boat on Montlake but that would be cool too. Just need to find a millionaire...

While I agree CU belongs on this list because Sackygate rocks, I call bull**** on ranking any bowl games or any single game (Red River Shootout, Cocktail Party, etc). Tailgating belongs to the fans on campus.

I dont' know, the neutural site games are badass. The Red River Rivalry and Cocktail Party aren't anything like CU-CSU. It is the biggest game of the year for everyone involved at both schools. At the UT-OU game there are at least 100000 (probably much more) people around the game who dont even get in the game. So, imagine 2 full Folsom fields of people surrounding a 93000 seat stadium pushing 100000 acutally inside. Even more people at the cocktail party.

I dont' know, the neutural site games are badass. The Red River Rivalry and Cocktail Party aren't anything like CU-CSU. It is the biggest game of the year for everyone involved at both schools. At the UT-OU game there are at least 100000 (probably much more) people around the game who dont even get in the game. So, imagine 2 full Folsom fields of people surrounding a 93000 seat stadium pushing 100000 acutally inside. Even more people at the cocktail party.

This may all be true, but I tend to agree with BW. Tailgating is about getting your spot and owning it. Everybody knows where you're going to be. It's about traditions and campuses and bands and leaving your vodka on the bus. I don't think you can include bowl games and neutral site games on this list. They may make for great parties, but both OU and UT were already on the list, as were UGA and UF. Adding the neutral site games seems like a bit of knob polishing, if you ask me.

This may all be true, but I tend to agree with BW. Tailgating is about getting your spot and owning it. Everybody knows where you're going to be. It's about traditions and campuses and bands and leaving your vodka on the bus. I don't think you can include bowl games and neutral site games on this list. They may make for great parties, but both OU and UT were already on the list, as were UGA and UF. Adding the neutral site games seems like a bit of knob polishing, if you ask me.

And I agree with you. Tailgating to me talks about the fans who have their spots on campus and throw parties Saturday after Saturday. There is a guy next to your tailgate who was two rows below me. After exchanging drinks, we saw each other 30 minutes later and had a big smile for the other. It is comraderie for fans. I just don't see that happening on neutral site games or bowl games no matter the party.

Fans make the tailgate....home game after home game after home game.

And CU absolutely belongs on this list.

And I agree with you. Tailgating to me talks about the fans who have their spots on campus and throw parties Saturday after Saturday. There is a guy next to your tailgate who was two rows below me. After exchanging drinks, we saw each other 30 minutes later and had a big smile for the other. It is comraderie for fans. I just don't see that happening on neutral site games or bowl games no matter the party.

Fans make the tailgate....home game after home game after home game.

And CU absolutely belongs on this list.

Does the Dawg know about this?

I'd say Sackygate accounts for at least 67 percent of that number 24 ranking. At least.

I wish I had the money to do some of the really amazing things that a lot of tailgaters do.

With that tree gone, I think our spot is going to become an epic tailgating spot. There's three or four groups that congregate there. It's going to all meld into one big group pretty soon.

Any plans for Sackygate to add a satellite dish and flatscreen?

Any plans for Sackygate to add a satellite dish and flatscreen?

We actually had that for a while. It was one of HF's buddies. We had a hard time getting the satellite dish to find the signal, though.

We actually had that for a while. It was one of HF's buddies. We had a hard time getting the satellite dish to find the signal, though.
Those guys were dicks. I was just trying to see the score of a game and all of them freaked out on me. I never really knew why until I read your post. Damn yuppies. :lol:

Thats quite a dropoff from last year. I think we were in the low teens last year right behind West Verginia?

if it weren't for sackygate, we would have been in the 30's. christ we finished almost ten bottles of vodka before an 11 am game.

There was one game in there, I can't remember which one, but it was sick. Something like 5 bottles of vodka, two bottles of champagne, 30+ beers, prolly some tequila and other stuff too. I remember adding it up in my head after the game and being very impressed.

There was one game in there, I can't remember which one, but it was sick. Something like 5 bottles of vodka, two bottles of champagne, 30+ beers, prolly some tequila and other stuff too. I remember adding it up in my head after the game and being very impressed.

Plus+ for math skills while inebriated.

believe that was the ATM game.

Back