What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado recruiting wrap

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ted Miller

COLORADO BUFFALOES

The 2011 class

38.gif
Recruits: 19, including 18 high school and one JC player.

Top prospects: DL Stephan Nembot was a nice poach from Washington, and OL Marc Mustoe was lured away from UCLA. Sherrard Harrington could be in the mix immediately at cornerback.

Needs met: The class included four defensive backs, three linebackers, three offensive linemen, two running backs, two quarterbacks, two defensive ends, a receiver, a kicker and an athlete. The Buffaloes needed to upgrade team speed, with an emphasis in the secondary and at receiver. Four new DBs help but the results at receiver weren't as good.

Analysis: New coach Jon Embree got a late start but closed fairly well, snagging Nembot and OG Paulay Asiata away from the Huskies. Toss in Juda Parker and LB K.T. Tuumalo,*and Colorado ended up with perhaps the top three prospects from Hawaii, a good state in which to establish recruiting ties. It hurt losing QB Brock Bergland, the top prospect in the state to Kansas. Embree figures to do better next go-around when he gets a full year to plan and recruit. And he'll have to in order to quickly become competitive in the Pac-12.

ESPN recruiting grade: D

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-10 Blog
Click here to view the article.

looks like RRSbot has made the conference switch. out goes Ubben, in goes Ted Miller. i know many here ragged on Ubben but i thought he does a reasonably good job. he puts out a lot of content, facts (which i like more than read some message boards/repeat dominant opinion/and call it "punditry"), and was OK. much better than Tim "UT and ATM" Griffin. his stuff felt like he worked about 5 minutes a day and riffed on whatever Kirk Bohls had going.

looks like RRSbot has made the conference switch. out goes Ubben, in goes Ted Miller. i know many here ragged on Ubben but i thought he does a reasonably good job. he puts out a lot of content, facts (which i like more than read some message boards/repeat dominant opinion/and call it "punditry"), and was OK. much better than Tim "UT and ATM" Griffin. his stuff felt like he worked about 5 minutes a day and riffed on whatever Kirk Bohls had going.

I liked Ubben too. I thought he gave everyone a fair shake and called it as it was.

D :(

Well it's better than F.

This grade reflects 10 months of Hawkins (in)activity. This grade is on the CUAD and school leadership.

Embree worked his butt off to keep this from being a solid F.

I think this class is better than a D on its own, and JE gets an A for getting the recruits they did land.

This grade reflects 10 months of Hawkins (in)activity. This grade is on the CUAD and school leadership.

Embree worked his butt off to keep this from being a solid F.

No, I get it. We were in a tough spot.

What was hawk's first class ranked nationally? And his second?

Disappointed, but not surprised. Miller even said in his blog that his view of CU is probably skewed by the Cal game last year. Once he gets a view of the "new and improved" version, he'll come around. Overall, I think he is pretty fair.

Back