What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado reportedly reaches out to Utah State's Gary Andersen

This is the crux of the matter

After watching the video from another thread I want impressed with his knowledge but I don't know about his personality. Seems like a kind old white guy that may work well with Utah kids, but what about recruiting top athletes and dealing with a pissed off locker room that came for the fire and passion of Embree? It would be for the best, but I wasn't inspired. The staff he'd bring worries me, too.

None of this is meaningful, just the impressions I have...maybe he is the next chip Kelly

A couple of us that live here in Utah have this glarring concern. Attracting the LDS kid from Snow, or that was overlooked by Utah and BYU is very different than the kids CU needs to be competitive. Attracting a Juco that has offers from other non BCS schoools to a non BCS school that has brand new facilities is different as well.

The kind old white guy is not what he comes across as. He can fire up a room and knows how to motivate kids.

If CU is going to spend $2 mil annually on a guy, can't they find someone with a proven record as a head coach and a recruiter?

The kind old white guy is not what he comes across as. He can fire up a room and knows how to motivate kids.

two of the most important qualities in a head coach i'd say

This guy seems different than a Hawk part duex

[video=youtube;HsLq6HCly2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLq6HCly2I&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

This is my guy!!! Love it.

I agree with Duff, he will need to get some good BCS assistants in there to recruit.

Seems like a guy that the players would like almost immediately. Would like to see a vid of his full pad practices. With some good assistants he could be the guy.

I'll just leave this here:

10-05-gary-andersen.jpg

So now being reported that Anderson's buyout may be several million dollars.
Random internet USU fan says around $200k buyout

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/55258464-77/andersen-coach-utah-state.html.csp
(in the comment section --
I am still nervous though... Gary's contract buy out is only 200,000 dollars.Urban Meyers buyout was around 750,000 and Florida didn't bat an eye at paying it.
I can't imagine any school that wants Gary will even give the 200k buyout a second thought.

I'm coming around to this idea. I believe there is adequate talent here to be competitive in the Pac 12. Not win it, but certainly win more than one or two games.

Andersen being linked with Cal as well... why would he choose Boulder over Berkley? I can only think of a massive pay bump and guarantees regarding water, tables, and chairs.
strong use of sarcasm for a new poster. Rep.

Andersen being linked with Cal as well... why would he choose Boulder over Berkley? I can only think of a massive pay bump and guarantees regarding water, tables, and chairs.

If he truly likes the lifestyle of Logan, UT, then Boulder over Berkley is an easy choice.

Nice links. I think the most important tidbit from those though is the fact he will have 3 sons on the team at USU...

If he comes here, he's discouraged from bringing them. I've seen that ****show before.

I'm not worried about him bringing them. I just think it'll be hard to convince him to leave just for $$.

Boulder is much more laid back...the bay area is insane with people...not my style...

I would be 100% down with Gary Andersen as the head coach of the Buffs! He seems like a true ball coach and for the job he has done at Utah State turning them around is impressive. I wonder if he would bring in Andy Ludwig to be his OC? I'm sure he has the recruiting ties to succeed here but the only drawback for him will be the lack of JUCO's he would be able to take.

Back