What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado reportedly reaches out to Utah State's Gary Andersen

And that STrong is the favorite.

Strong in a heartbeat. CU would be quelching all race talk(not like they need to, but some folks in Boulder are listening to the BS) and bring in a big name coach with BCS experience. It's just sad that Stitt is being completely dismissed(it doesn't mention OC though). Not opposed to Andersen, but hiring another up and coming coach gives me the heebie jeebies.

Not opposed to Andersen, but hiring another up and coming coach gives me the heebie jeebies.

You guys just have to do it right. When Utah hired Urban Meyer, he was an up and coming coach with only a limited resume as a head coach at Bowling Green.

That was one hire that changed the entire trajectory of Utah. He wasn't here long, but his influence remains.

It's all about finding the right guy for the program.

Last edited:
Not opposed to Andersen, but hiring another up and coming coach gives me the heebie jeebies.
I have Post Traumatic Hawk Disorder too...but Hawk didn't turn around Boise State, he inherited a pretty good program. Andersen took a POS program like ours and turned it around. It should be easier to recruit here and his X and Os are great. I'm guessing he, or any good coach, should get us at least 4 wins next season.

I have Post Traumatic Hawk Disorder too...but Hawk didn't turn around Boise State, he inherited a pretty good program. Andersen took a POS program like ours and turned it around. It should be easier to recruit here and his X and Os are great. I'm guessing he, or any good coach, should get us at least 4 wins next season.

Step 1. Recruit well at all positions. If one has inherited a team with talent, congratulations, and proceed to step 2
Step 2. Coach well at all positions. If one has talent and has prepared that talent, congratulations, and proceed to step 3
Step 3. Have a good game plan.

Rinse, repeat

Back