What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado sent Jadaveon Clowney $1 million Ralphie Bucks

A million Ralphie bucks and $3.10 will get you a Grande Caffe Latte.

that was the value of a CU education or something. We had to stop doing it cause other teams didn't like it and complained to the NCAA

But, after all, his name IS Clowney. We should have sent him a red nose and bicycle horn.

So let's see here. CU stumbles on a recruiting technique that results in other schools complaining. CU went hard after one of the top players in the country. The only thing embarrassing about this is the reactions by the people in the thread that think this is a joke. Every school sends piles of stupid **** to every recruit every year. The only thing I'd be embarrassed about would be if this story came out and he said CU did nothing to try to recruit him.

I think the only thing embarrassing about this article is that fact that they kind of throw us in there as if we have no business recruiting a player like Clowney. The tactic was stupid but when I think of Spurrier dancing for Marcus Lattimore's family to get him to sign, sending Ralphie dollars doesn't seem so bad...

We did something in recruiting that made a down CU get noticed by the nation's #1 recruit and our competitors for his signature. It wasn't an NCAA violation. I'm proud of Hawkins on this one.

Haven't you heard? We don't have a million bucks. Maybe Hawk, Embree and Bohn would accept Ralphie Bucks for their buy outs?

We would. But people won't help force DTV to cough up some cash to Pac-12N....

Why did this even make the news 3.5 years after we sent him it? Is it because tOSU sent a recruit a cheesy puzzle, the cheesy outlaws thing UA sends or because we are a laughing stock?

Say what you will, but what I took from that article was that we wrote him regularly along with those other top programs. Are we doing the same or did we do the same with the #1 national picks this year? Sure, we may not get them, but neither is the other 118 teams that don't sign him. Is MM going to be a Barney type coach and get lesser players only to coach them up and not try and get top guys?

Those are the real relevant questions. Stop taking everything so personally guys. Fluff pieces are published about every team. We aren't getting picked on. Everyone is just hypersensitive because the Buffs suck.

Reactions: aik
I have always wondered how involved students get in the CU program. There are plenty of great, young minds in the marketing, design/architecture, film, etc departments that can provide free labor to at least assist in building the program from the inside out. We have had some great "preview" videos for Basketball and Volleyball, is that pretty much exclusively students at work?

I can get the puzzle in a cheesy you are the mussing piece kind of way but what do the buffalo bucks represent?

It least we dint recruit a rodeo Clowney. They are nothing but trouble, boy.

I have always wondered how involved students get in the CU program. There are plenty of great, young minds in the marketing, design/architecture, film, etc departments that can provide free labor to at least assist in building the program from the inside out. We have had some great "preview" videos for Basketball and Volleyball, is that pretty much exclusively students at work?

Given that CU doesn't have a program in Sport Management, which provides a natural pipeline for undergraduates and grad students to gain valuable experience in an AD, my guess is that student involvement in the athletic department is minimal at best (filling the bare minimum of needs) when compared to other major universities...I'd be interested to hear from any current students though on this topic to see if my suspicion is correct...

Ralphie bucks are worth something when printed on Zig-Zag.

Back