What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm MT

Boyle has got to figure out how to get the offense going - these long stretches of point drought just won't cut it when you have guys as talented as Dinwiddie, Scott, and X

Boyle has got to figure out how to get the offense going - these long stretches of point drought just won't cut it when you have guys as talented as Dinwiddie, Scott, and X
Seriously. I think we had a full 18 minute stretch combined where we didn't score in both halves.

Dinwiddie = 1-13 from the floor w/ 4 TOs.....'nuf said about getting the "O" going. He misses Tomlinson, when the Aussie was responsible for the ball at point, Spencer only had to worry about scoring. Need a point guard to step up and allow the Mayor to assume a different, hybrid role.

Oh yeah, also, the bain of College BB : Reffing! CU = 10 FTs; Ill = 17 FTs. Guess Orange played better FT defense, eh?

Last edited:
Dinwiddie = 1-13 from the floor w/ 4 TOs.....'nuf said about getting the "O" going. He misses Tomlinson, when the Aussie was responsible for the ball at point, Spencer only had to worry about scoring. Need a point guard to step up and allow the Mayor to assume a different, hybrid role.

Oh yeah, also, the bain of College BB : Reffing! CU = 10 FTs; Ill = 17 FTs. Guess Orange played better FT defense, eh?

At least 6 of those Illini FTs were at the end when we were intentionally fouling. Probably more. Refs were fair today. Pretty good crew, although I think they may have called too much ticky tack stuff on both teams and that fed into the game being so disjointed.

At least 6 of those Illini FTs were at the end when we were intentionally fouling. Probably more. Refs were fair today. Pretty good crew, although I think they may have called too much ticky tack stuff on both teams and that fed into the game being so disjointed.
There were a few calls that I wish went our way, but the refs were nonexistent for the most part - which I think is a good thing. No major complaints about the refs, we just weren't good enough to win today.

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm

Yup very good officiating crew today

This game pissed me off. Tad pissed me off. The team pissed me off. But I love these guys. I love Tad. If Mike Bohn does not come up big with a contract, I'll be pissed.

Twice I was hoping to see replays when Dinwiddie was called for offensive fouls, because I missed the fouls in real time. I was disappointed both times, because they didn't show replays. I wonder why.

Had to watch the game on a major delay so just finished. As soon as Illinois got hot, I knew it was over just some observations.

Illinois had Spencer figured out. They would double team him 30 feet from the basket and when he drove, they knew he has a tendency to charge. He needs to look for the quick pass in the future to catch the other team off guard.

Ski is not going to get a lot of minutes. He is often out of position on defense. If he can't play defense, Tad won't let him play.

Horrible game plan on offense. We need to kick the ball inside more to Scott and XJ. Scott needs to make quicker decision on offense, if the double team us coming make a move fast or kick it out.

Once again a lack of offense and turnovers killed us. I don't really know what to say but hopefully the youngsters learn from this since we are on season two of the same thing.

This game pissed me off. Tad pissed me off. The team pissed me off. But I love these guys. I love Tad. If Mike Bohn does not come up big with a contract, I'll be pissed.

Piss on it, bitch.

Back