What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Creighton - Closed Scrimmage this Saturday

not much info:

Creighton coach Greg McDermott came away encouraged from Saturday's scrimmage against Colorado.Per NCAA rules, no scores and statistics were released and McDermott couldn't comment on any specifics from the scrimmage held at the CenturyLink Center.

Overall, he said he saw a "lot more positives than negatives."
"Defensively, we've made monumental strides since our trips to the Bahamas,'' he said. "Then again, we had nowhere else to go but up in that area, but I did like some of the things we did on the defensive end."
Creighton has revamped its defensive approach this season, hoping that its depth will allow it to play more aggressively on that end of the court. The Bluejays also want to play at a faster pace on offense.
"We're still turning the ball over too much, so that's a concern," McDermott said. "But we are getting more comfortable with the tempo that we want to play at offensively."
Creighton averaged 68.8 points per game last season to finish third in the Missouri Valley in scoring.
"We're still learning how to play at a quicker tempo," McDermott said. "You want guys to play fast, but you don't want them hurrying things. It's a fine line, and we're still learning."
Creighton will take Sunday off before returning to practice on Monday. The Bluejays will play an exhibition game against Division II Rockhurst next Sunday at 2:05 p.m. at the CenturyLink Center.
Creighton opens the regular season Nov. 11 against North Carolina A&T.

I'm discouraged, but glad we lost. The young guys especially needed to be informed about the realities of college ball.

How do you "lose" when you don't keep score and play is stopped every few minutes for coaching instruction and subs are moved in and out liberally to get everyone experience?? That's why the NCAA doesn't allow media coverage, its a friggin' scrimmage, not an exhibiton game!

How do you "lose" when you don't keep score and play is stopped every few minutes for coaching instruction and subs are moved in and out liberally to get everyone experience?? That's why the NCAA doesn't allow media coverage, its a friggin' scrimmage, not an exhibiton game!

I don't care if they're not keeping score -- anyone who has ever played KNOWS what the score is at all times. The scoreboard may not have been running, but the players knew.

Score not being reported due o confidentiality agreements is very different than not keeping score.

Creighton fan here; interested in hearing how you all feel about your team this year. Obviously losing a talent like
Burks will be tough, but how do the younger guys look? We're excited about what the season might have in store for us since the last few have been below average. Just so you know...I wasn't at the scrimmage but I heard that Creighton fans enjoyed the 76 degree temperature that day. I also heard that it was 60 degrees in Colorado. Obviously we were excited about warm temp. and hope that our team continues to experience nice weather throughout the season...

Creighton fan here; interested in hearing how you all feel about your team this year. Obviously losing a talent like
Burks will be tough, but how do the younger guys look? We're excited about what the season might have in store for us since the last few have been below average. Just so you know...I wasn't at the scrimmage but I heard that Creighton fans enjoyed the 76 degree temperature that day. I also heard that it was 60 degrees in Colorado. Obviously we were excited about warm temp. and hope that our team continues to experience nice weather throughout the season...
Your obsession with temperature is confusing. We like our young guys, but have no idea what kind of team we are gonna be since the team is, outside of one player, completely unproven.

I'm assuming you're joking about the temperature reference? If not, look at the two numbers in the context of the previous discussion on this thread. I'm not looking to overtly break any NCAA rules here. Good luck to you guys during your season.

I'm assuming you're joking about the temperature reference? If not, look at the two numbers in the context of the previous discussion on this thread. I'm not looking to overtly break any NCAA rules here. Good luck to you guys during your season.

How would you know?

At least I knew something was up :lol:

was hoping it would be warmer in boulder since we averaged much higher temps last year, but I hear your team is good a keeping it cold.

Thanks for the info.

I think we'll be a mediocre team this year that should make the CBI or NIT for postseason. I'd definitely bet that it would be better to face us in November than February. Talent level is probably top 60 in the nation, but they haven't really played together and a lot of it is very young. Carlon Brown looks like a 2nd round NBA pick from the wing and Andre Roberson looks like a 1st round NBA pick in a couple years. Too early to tell with the freshmen. The rest of the guys we're familiar with can all do some good things, but they all have holes in their games. It's going to take a while for the freshmen to grow up, the team to develop chemistry, and the coaches to figure out rotations.

I like the post CUBlueJays...nice and subtle, and I especially like that it confused somebody.

I really hope that I'm wrong here, but I honestly think we're not going to do that well win/loss wise. I think we'll be competitive and win some decent games. However, we're replacing a LOT. Buffnik is sort of resident college sports junkie, but I disagree with him on his response to you. I do not think Brown is a second rounder, and Dre has to improve a lot to keep up the nba draft talks. I personally think he will suffer a soph slump, and he will hopefully work his way into a solid second rounder by the end of his career. SHT needs to show us what he can do, and losing Cain really hurts.

We have lots of holes...this team will be fun to watch in my opinion, but let's not expect too much from them based on last season's results. This year will be one where we get to see what 2012-13 has in store. I think we'll see a lot of promise, and yes, 12-13 will be marvelous. But I think NIT is a huge stretch for this team.

Good luck Creighton - I've always liked Creighton, especially when Altman was with you guys. I've been posting in some other threads in this board - the PAC NEEDS to watch out for Oregon. He's pulling in some recruits, and the man can flat out coach. I'm excited to see the OU brand of basketball once their recruits gain some seasoning.

Your subtlety is lost on us around here - have to hit us with a sledgehammer.

OK, I need to find a fan of Indiana State next. AllBuffs is trying to complete the Missouri Valley collection.

According to Jeff Goodman of CBS:

Doug McDermott (no surprise) was the really good in Iowa State's scrimmage against Colorado. Andre Roberson stood out for the Buffs.

My bad on last tweet. LOL. Meant Doug McDermott was really good for Creighton in scrimmage against Colorado.

Last edited:
While it is not surprising that there was a 16 degree temperature difference between Omaha and Boulder, I think most of us were hoping that it would be a little warmer in Boulder, or a little cooler in Omaha. We, too, are looking forward to a lot of warm weather in Boulder this season.

There is only room enough for one MVC fan in these here parts....

haha jk. Nice to see some more Valley people here.

Not unexpected, I'm expecting a decent year in league play, but the OOC could be a bumpy ride for a few weeks until we get some cohesion developed. Consider it a great sign if we go 2-1 in Puerto Rico

Im hearing a much different weather report for last saturday than our friend who thinks he's a "CU" fan. Theres only one CU bro.

Back