What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Michigan 9/17

Pac 12 Championship or bust. Got it.

1-0 every week. Any loss is a failure and a frustration.

Season can be successful even with several losses.

What I'm saying is that I'm not going to be looking at point differentials and saying whether I think a game was a good or bad win/loss. It's either a win or a loss every week. Period.

Most likely unless we don't play much nickel against them. UM runs a lot of pro set, so we may see AG & KO on him more.

IF we can stop the run and IF we can limit Butt and IF we can keep Jabrill off of Sefo. I like our chances :D

Just following MacIntyre's lead.;)
I believe he and the players have said there are no more moral victories. That's great for them to have that mentality, but in reality, they do not have the the talent or depth on paper to hang with Michigan for 4 quarters. They just aren't there, if we're being honest, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Call it a moral victory, if you must, but we are going to learn a lot about this team after that game, and a probable loss doesn't automatically mean failure, for a team simply trying to make a bowl game for the first time in a decade.

I believe he and the players have said there are no more moral victories. That's great for them to have that mentality, but in reality, they do not have the the talent or depth on paper to hang with Michigan for 4 quarters. They just aren't there, if we're being honest, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Call it a moral victory, if you must, but we are going to learn a lot about this team after that game, and a probable loss doesn't automatically mean failure, for a team simply trying to make a bowl game for the first time in a decade.

I really do not care much either way. I am just glad a good team is actually being played OOC.

Seriously, last year was a total bust, not even quasi-moral victories. (Ok, it was nice to beat the Lambs and get that road Pac12 win. But those were actual victories.) The problem was that 2014 seemed so 'just on the verge' - OT losses, close losses. 2015 was supposed to be the breakthrough year, and it didn't happen. Just a little slow to believe in 2016 without more proof, last year's Koolaid turned out really sour. Playing well in Ann Arbor would restore optimism to my thinking, whereas any other game on the schedule would require a win to give a positive feeling.

It's like we're rebooting last year - agree that it needs to come out right this time (winning at least half the games) to be a successful year.

Wait! Did anyone here figure out a "yooper" is someone from the Upper Peninsula of MI?
UM has size and toughness (only developed by Douche Harbaugh, these are still the Hokester's recruits), but they play with BIG speed, not Pac speed. Best I'll do though, is predict a close game; Buffs beat the spread.
Thanx in advance for the $$$!

Seriously, last year was a total bust, not even quasi-moral victories. (Ok, it was nice to beat the Lambs and get that road Pac12 win. But those were actual victories.) The problem was that 2014 seemed so 'just on the verge' - OT losses, close losses. 2015 was supposed to be the breakthrough year, and it didn't happen. Just a little slow to believe in 2016 without more proof, last year's Koolaid turned out really sour. Playing well in Ann Arbor would restore optimism to my thinking, whereas any other game on the schedule would require a win to give a positive feeling.

It's like we're rebooting last year - agree that it needs to come out right this time (winning at least half the games) to be a successful year.
Last year's injuries hurt, but I think coaching at special teams, Ol and wr hurt too, if not more. Hcmm has learned what it takes in the pac on the job to some degree. Negative: learning is painful. Positive: at least he learns. Most don't

PhillyBuff and family of 5 (me included) are attending.... I have no idea how to use this site..... no idea how to quote people... man this place has changed over the years...

PhillyBuff and family of 5 (me included) are attending.... I have no idea how to use this site..... no idea how to quote people... man this place has changed over the years...

upload_2016-9-8_9-0-25.png

Like = rep. sort of. its not as cool, but whatever
+Quote = adds post to a list in order to multi quote
Reply = quote that single post and respond

I watched a little bit of your game this weekend. It was going pretty much as I expected so I switched games.

What's your take on your next opponent?

I don't know much about UCF except for the fact they didn't win a game last year, but won their first game this year. I do know that Michigan fans around for the '97 season really don't like Scott Frost and want Michigan to take UCF behind the woodshed. MGoBlog has a pretty good preview that I haven't had a chance to read yet, but will before the game.

That will be our defensive game plan too. I don't know how good their secondary is...if it's comparable to ours we should have a good defensive game.

They are very good. The top CB didn't play last week due to injury, but could have if needed to. The safeties played well and they picked on the second team CB when they went 5 wide at the end of the half.

They are very good. The top CB didn't play last week due to injury, but could have if needed to. The safeties played well and they picked on the second team CB when they went 5 wide at the end of the half.
Interesting. This is lining up to be a decent game. I'm thinking our pass game is better than your pass game, but will be tough for us cuz you will be more talented and better coached and at home. Would be a much better game at Folsom IMO...even things out.

Michigan front 7 will be a load, especially DL Should prepare CU for good DL they will face later in year, UCLA, Utah, etc.

Brown in aggressive. They will come all the time from all angles including Peppers.

Mac Brown thinks CU UM will be a better game than most think...especially with our senior QB Sefo LUAU...WTF dude? BTW...the way UM is looking on offense, I am less optimistic about our chances next week.

Mac Brown thinks CU UM will be a better game than most think...especially with our senior QB Sefo LUAU...WTF dude? BTW...the way UM is looking on offense, I am less optimistic about our chances next week.
I LOL'd when I heard him pronounce Sefo's name as "Luau". And this is after doing the freaking game last week. Just terrible. Time to put Mack Brown out to pasture.

Given how well CU has played on offense in two games, Im looking forward to this one. I think Michigan & opposing PAC-12 fans would be in for a surprise.

I have such mixed feelings. We are on fire but against ****ty opponents. They are on fire too against bad teams. We will learn a lot.

I was next to TTs HS teacher and he gave them tickets etc. She said the team has been looking fwd to UM...I think they will be ready mentally...just not sure about physically.

Cu will hang, but their athletes and physicality will have them widening tge margin late.

I feel better about cu beating oregon.

Cu will hang, but their athletes and physicality will have them widening tge margin late.

I feel better about cu beating oregon.

A win seems like a tall order. I'm looking for Leavitt's D to do much better than Hawaii and CFU by holding Michigan to 35 points or less.

The offense will be tested. Anything over 24 points would be respectable.

A lopsided score like 60-3 would be devastating.

A win seems like a tall order. I'm looking for Leavitt's D to do much better than Hawaii and CFU by holding Michigan to 35 points or less.

The offense will be tested. Anything over 24 points would be respectable.

A lopsided score like 60-3 would be devastating.
I'm not sure Michigan's offense is good enough to hang 60 on our defense. To me this feels like first team to hit 30 wins the game.

Back