What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado @ Washington Basketball Game

I'm going to the game tonight. Not optimistic, based on the radically different trajectories of both teams of late. Lorenzo Romar teams have a tendency to start slow and finish strong (except last year, of course), and we're seeing that now. I'll try and weigh in with thoughts later tonight or tomorrow AM.

This game is a total mystery. UW is a mystery (as I've mentioned, they could finish 3rd or finish 8th). They've started out hot in conference play, but there's no indication that they have any consistency yet. I don't think this is an unfavorable matchup for us, but this team has to not be scared on the road -- show some composure. Make your foul shots, stop the silly turnovers. Our backs are against the wall, it's time we come out and play like it. Let's get a road win and get back on track. RealTimeRPI projects 77-69 UW, giving CU a 33.2% chance of winning. That chance sounds about right given how we've performed lately. However, I could literally see this being anything from a double digit UW win to a CU win that's more comfortable than anyone imagines. The reality is we're probably in for another close one. Does this team grow up and prove they've got the composure it takes to get a solid road win? That IS going to happen. It's just a matter of when.

HAVE to get at least 1 road win this week.

Last edited:
This game is a total mystery. UW is a mystery (as I've mentioned, they could finish 3rd or finish 8th). They've started out hot in conference play, but there's no indication that they have any consistency yet. I don't think this is an unfavorable matchup for us, but this team has to not be scared on the road -- show some composure. Make your foul shots, stop the silly turnovers. Our backs are against the wall, it's time we come out and play like it. Let's get a road win and get back on track. RealTimeRPI projects 77-69 UW, giving CU a 33.2% chance of winning. That chance sounds about right given how we've performed lately. However, I could literally see this being anything from a double digit UW win to a CU win that's more comfortable than anyone imagines. The reality is we're probably in for another close one. Does this team grow up and prove they've got the composure it takes to get a solid road win? That IS going to happen. It's just a matter of win.

HAVE to get at least 1 road win this week.

they also predicted we would lose to Arizona and win at Arizona State.

they also predicted we would lose to Arizona and win at Arizona State.

They're remarkably accurate at predicting the hardest sport of all to predict. Of course they can't be 100% or even 95%. Predicting a loss at Arizona and a win at Arizona State is quite sensible. Had we not been cheated in Tucson, the result in Tempe would have been far different.

Complete toss up.

Which UW team shows up? Which CU team shows up?

I can see virtually any outcome in this game, nothing would surprise me. A close nailbiter or a blow out, for either team.

The Dawg Pack has reportedly been horrid this year so far. We'll see if they show up. Hec Ed / Alaskan Airlines Arena was intimidating until very recently, haven't seen much from the student section lately.

Hopefully it's a well played game from both squads with no injuries...

Every basketball game is televised...get with the times.

No ****, but if it is on ESPNU I have to go to a bar and if it is on the Pac 12 network, I have to watch it at home. So it's good to know.

It seems like a valuable addition to game threads would be a heading at the top that says when the game is and where it is available on tv and radio.

in our 5 true road games, we're losing an average of 73.2 to 62.4

Now, that's averaging in the cheating that occurred at Arizona. Would certainly bend more in our favor had I averaged in an 83-80 CU victory instead of a 92-83 loss.

You're making this too easy.

RIkFR.png

Maybe on one of those old person keyboards with the ginormous keys. This is going on my list of things to try when I'm bored.

I guess we will know you are doing it when your post is

zcxvmnbcxvv vbvxvbnmnb bvvv

Their student section looks better than ours. Thats what happens when you give students crappy seats.

If I hear "great Washington defense" one more time from the color man I'm going to shoot my TV.

Though N'diaye is singlehandedly killing us.

Back