What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado's Greg Brown Out? (EB moved to the sidelines)

Well I am not saying I am a football genius or anything but my opinion is not the same on this one. Playaction on 4th and 1 from the 6 inch line= bad call and I think he learned from it. But I watched the Fresno game live and then just for punishment I watched it on DVR to see what the hell was so bad. And what I saw was not terrible offensive play calls. Were they perfect.... No! But I saw a TON of slants and short routes..... most of which were dropped, not thrown to or the QB was being hounded by DL within 3 seconds and couldn't get the ball out. A slant, a screen etc is all predicated on your ability to allow the play to develop quickly from the pocket and execute quickly. But you can't throw a slant when getting flushed out of the pocket in less than 3 seconds. He calls the EXACT same run plays we did with Barrnett the difference is in 2000-2006 we had OL that had a lot more talent. I actually have some interesting offense stats from the first 3 games...
Avg yards gained on 1st downs- 4.8
Run plays- 107
Rush yardage- 413 (Avg per rush 3.9 yards)
Passing- 46/97 for 548 yards (Avg 12 yards per)
Overall yards gained 869 in 204 plays for avg of 4.6 yards per play

In other successful years (1990-1996, 2001-2005) those stats are only a tad low in some areas but a lot higher in others. Those other good teams averaged around 4-5 yards per rush. But the passing numbers for this years team are significantly higher. Look at arguably the best CU ever in terms of talent and offense (1994) which only averaged 8.8 yards per pass. This years team is averaging 12. Now I agree this offense looks terrible but I only bring these up because I think it shows despite the ****** OL and ****** WR and terrible QB..... EB is calling plays which are on par with successful teams of the past. Now why are results different...... maybe giving up 69 points? Maybe having bad field position as an offense? Maybe turnovers? IMO those are the biggest issues (along with def) not so much a result of EB play calling. Cause as the stats show it is not actually the case.
Dude, you are way off in your analysis of the O. Like, insanely way off. We are not getting 12 yards per pass attempt. yards per pass completion is a worthless stat. Much more important is yards per attempt. Right now we are averaging 5.65 yards per attempt. That's bloody awful. We are ranked 115 out of 120 in passing efficiency. we are averaging under 50% completion. our passer rating is 100.24. Cody, in his worst years, was around 125 I think. Jesus.

RANKTEAMGPASS ATTCOMPCOMP PCTINTINT PCTPASS YDSPASS YDS/ATTPASS TDTD PCTRATING
115Colorado3974647.4244.125485.6544.12100.24

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1030/p3

we are also ranked 113 in total offense. Pathetic.

Colorado Football ‏@RunRalphieRun

Eric Bieniemy to return to the sidelines to help coach, Rip Scherer to remain up in the booth

Ringo reporting minor changes in responsibilities to be announced today. No firings.

No one has mentioned Scherer to OC yet...it's a possibility. But honestly not ENOUGH. Put EB back down on the field. Fire Brown and Marshall. Hire someone else as a stop gap. IDGAF at this point.

Well I am not saying I am a football genius or anything but my opinion is not the same on this one. Playaction on 4th and 1 from the 6 inch line= bad call and I think he learned from it. But I watched the Fresno game live and then just for punishment I watched it on DVR to see what the hell was so bad. And what I saw was not terrible offensive play calls. Were they perfect.... No! But I saw a TON of slants and short routes..... most of which were dropped, not thrown to or the QB was being hounded by DL within 3 seconds and couldn't get the ball out. A slant, a screen etc is all predicated on your ability to allow the play to develop quickly from the pocket and execute quickly. But you can't throw a slant when getting flushed out of the pocket in less than 3 seconds. He calls the EXACT same run plays we did with Barrnett the difference is in 2000-2006 we had OL that had a lot more talent. I actually have some interesting offense stats from the first 3 games...
Avg yards gained on 1st downs- 4.8
Run plays- 107
Rush yardage- 413 (Avg per rush 3.9 yards)
Passing- 46/97 for 548 yards (Avg 12 yards per)
Overall yards gained 869 in 204 plays for avg of 4.6 yards per play

In other successful years (1990-1996, 2001-2005) those stats are only a tad low in some areas but a lot higher in others. Those other good teams averaged around 4-5 yards per rush. But the passing numbers for this years team are significantly higher. Look at arguably the best CU ever in terms of talent and offense (1994) which only averaged 8.8 yards per pass. This years team is averaging 12. Now I agree this offense looks terrible but I only bring these up because I think it shows despite the ****** OL and ****** WR and terrible QB..... EB is calling plays which are on par with successful teams of the past. Now why are results different...... maybe giving up 69 points? Maybe having bad field position as an offense? Maybe turnovers? IMO those are the biggest issues (along with def) not so much a result of EB play calling. Cause as the stats show it is not actually the case.

images

So by your math, we are almost as good as the championship caliber Buffs. Man I can't wait until we get to the easy part of our schedule, we must have been playing Juggernauts all season!! Repeat after me: THE ONLY STAT THAT MATTERS IS THE SCORE!

There is no way to call the performance of the defense anything better than pathetic but the offense hasn't been any better. Other than against Fresno's walk-ons our second half offense has been non-existent.

Firing a coordinator may have had an impact after CSU but now it would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Also to fire Brown and not EB would only serve to show that the expectations and consequences are different for different people. If the performance of Brown justifies firing him then it is hard to keep EB on offense and Brookhart on STs.

embree said the eb feels more comfortable on the field, but I think EB is just afraid his fat ass will go falling through the floor of the decaying balch press box... to be fair can you imagine the structural instability caused by both EB and plati up there at that same time???? I'd be worried too

WOW. Big shakeup. exactly what we needed, more screaming and sulking on the sidelines. This should fix everything. Anyone have any Buff bowl predictions? I'm thinking Holiday, perhaps Sun if we struggle a bit.

Dude, you are way off in your analysis of the O. Like, insanely way off. We are not getting 12 yards per pass attempt. yards per pass completion is a worthless stat. Much more important is yards per attempt. Right now we are averaging 5.65 yards per attempt. That's bloody awful. We are ranked 115 out of 120 in passing efficiency. we are averaging under 50% completion. our passer rating is 100.24. Cody, in his worst years, was around 125 I think. Jesus.

RANKTEAMGPASS ATTCOMPCOMP PCTINTINT PCTPASS YDSPASS YDS/ATTPASS TDTD PCTRATING
115Colorado3974647.4244.125485.6544.12100.24

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1030/p3

we are also ranked 113 in total offense. Pathetic.

http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/gameday/2012/custats.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600
Stats I wrote directly off the University official page.

Also not arguing stellar offense and I only wrote a few of them.... point was offense is moving ball based on yards per play basis be it rushing or passing. Your point is well taken about the yards per attempt vs completion and like I said stats can look deceptive at times. Although I also said earlier that the QB has zero time and gets flushed out a ton so counting attempts also skews the stats the other way. But my point was simply if the offense statistically is moving the ball then there must be another issue...... like turnovers, field position, defense etc. Absolutely not saying this is an offensive juggernaut just saying IMO the issue is not the offense playcalling it is a lot of other things. But saying EB is calling ****** plays is just not how I personally see it right now and it is backed up by the official stats showing when we do have the ball we are on average gaining a decent amount of yards per play. there is something else going on that is not really a playcalling issue. I could be wrong but just my thought

Yards per attempt is not a deceptive stat. It is actually about the most important passing stat out there.

This announcement changes everything. I'm now pissed I picked WSU in the prediction thread.

Back