What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado's Greg Brown Out? (EB moved to the sidelines)

You're gonna have to be a little more specific, here.

i think most of our poo-flinging monkey-posters can READ and some can even write (albeit at widely varying levels of proficiency).

so, i'm not sure calling out what must be a small minority of folks who visit the site and cannot read will be a useful endeavor.

:lol:

There was a lot of text. And I think "asshole" may have been spelled wrong. Can someone please confirm the spelling for me? It's important that we raise the level of literacy on this site.

I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure ralphiehandler is not happy with EB's recruiting.

Hmmm. Recruiting is not where EB is failing at the moment.

EB is a great recruiter. But he's been behind a lot of the high risk signings (academically-questionable and "under-the-radar" talent) and he has also failed to deliver bang for the buck with all the effort in Louisiana. I think he's got too much on his plate. If he wasn't OC and was, for example, RB Coach / Run Game Coordinator then we'd see much more success from his recruiting. He's spread too thin and is failing everywhere.

EB is a great recruiter. But he's been behind a lot of the high risk signings (academically-questionable and "under-the-radar" talent) and he has also failed to deliver bang for the buck with all the effort in Louisiana. I think he's got too much on his plate. If he wasn't OC and was, for example, RB Coach / Run Game Coordinator then we'd see much more success from his recruiting. He's spread too thin and is failing everywhere.

ding ding ding

Yeah he is. He's failing at recruiting and as a coach
Parsons, Lindsay, Frazier, Bobo and Dunston, they are not failures yet, because they haven't played. Powell and Mosley are studs, I'm pretty sure he recruited both of them. The only recruiting failures, thus far, that I see from him were 2011 QBs.

To me, he is simply failing as a coach. The play calling has been questionable. We don't have much of a power running game or any change of pace with so many small backs. Personnel is lost and too often substituted. I don't see why you would bootleg every pass play, especially when your QB can't throw on the run. This is what is frustrating, for me, concerning EB.

Parsons, Lindsay, Frazier, Bobo and Dunston, they are not failures yet, because they haven't played. Powell and Mosley are studs, I'm pretty sure he recruited both of them. The only recruiting failures, thus far, that I see from him were 2011 QBs.

To me, he is simply failing as a coach. The play calling has been questionable. We don't have much of a power running game or any change of pace with so many small backs. Personnel is lost and too often substituted. I don't see why you would bootleg every pass play, especially when your QB can't throw on the run. This is what is frustrating, for me, concerning EB.
I'm not impressed with his recruiting. Rivals credits him with Parson's, but he looks to be gone. A good number of low, if any BCS offers kids. Just not impressed with how good of a recruiter he was billed as.

Last edited:
I'm not impressed with his recruiting. Rivals credits him with Parson's, but he looks to be gone. A good number of low, if any BCS offers kids. Just not impressed with how good of a recruiter he was billed as.

It's not a failure though. I'm not very impressed either. I was expecting Wes Browns to commit to us as well. Parsons needs to listen to Mom more.

On Offense tho the issue in my mind is still talent level. I am guessing that there is not a coordinator in this country who is going to be able to put up numbers with this group right now.

Talent level is valid excuse for our poor offense, but you still have to put some of the blame for this on EB for not recruiting better players. This excuse also fails to explain how last year despite having pretty good talent-two excellent WR's, an excellent RB, a solid QB and a solid O-Line plus several senior starters, we were still #109 (out of 120) in the country in points scored.

Talent level is valid excuse for our poor offense, but you still have to put some of the blame for this on EB for not recruiting better players. This excuse also fails to explain how last year despite having pretty good talent-two excellent WR's, an excellent RB, a solid QB and a solid O-Line plus several senior starters, we were still #109 (out of 120) in the country in points scored.

Talent is a legitimate excuse when you are playing teams with better talent. That hasn't been the case so far this year for the Buffs. CSU has better talent? No. Sacramento State has better talent? A mid-range FCS school, no f***ing way. Fresno? Better than the other two but they are a MWC team that was below .500 last year. Not a hotbed full of NFL scouts I'm betting.

Holtz will be speaking at a small event in town in a few days. Should I ask Dr. Lou what we should do? :lol::facepalm:

damn you all to hell!!! you killed our football team. CU Football is dead! May it one day rise from the ashes.

There was a lot of text. And I think "asshole" may have been spelled wrong. Can someone please confirm the spelling for me? It's important that we raise the level of literacy on this site.

This is AllBuffs. If a word is spelled "differently", it becomes an entry in the AllBuffs dictionary.

(see also idot , etc.)

I'm all for trying this out.

But isn't this exactly where we started last year?

I'm not sure that trying to recapture the offensive magic of the Hawaii game is the answer.

I'm all for trying this out.

But isn't this exactly where we started last year?

I'm not sure that trying to recapture the offensive magic of the Hawaii game is the answer.
Well, which half of the game are we talking about here? Cause the 2d half was at least average :lol:

I think I should start smoking marijuana.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Steve%20McCroskey.jpg

Back