What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado's Haley Smith Leaves Behind a Legacy that Truly Epitomized Excellence

Will CU's WBB team win 20+ games next season?

• Yes...the road to the NCAA tourney begins in 2017-18

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nah fam

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Justin M Guerriero

Club Member
Club Member
Hello AllBuffs friends, I recently published a story that I had been working on for a few weeks on senior guard/forward Haley Smith of CU's women's basketball team. While not always making the headlines, Haley has been a rock for the program over the last four years and she will be truly missed.

I spoke to Haley, her high school basketball coach, former CU coach Linda Lappe, and a few others to try my best to craft an accurate profile of Haley and the woman that she is on and off the court.

The long story short: What Haley Smith was able to do on and off the court was truly unmatched. She put her teammates and this university above all else and thus I wanted to share this with you. Click on the link for me an take a read-- I'd appreciate it. (I think you'll have to right click, then hit 'open link in new tab'.)

Best,

Justin Guerriero
CU Independent

https://cuindependent.com/2017/04/0...ind-unparalleled-legacy-excellence-off-court/

This is just a terrific story. You did a great job Justin and thanks for all the work you put in on this. Haley will always be one of my favorite Buffs, mostly because she portrays all the things that are great about student athletes.

This is just a terrific story. You did a great job Justin and thanks for all the work you put in on this. Haley will always be one of my favorite Buffs, mostly because she portrays all the things that are great about student athletes.
Thank you for the kind words...I'm glad you liked it. I've gotten to know Haley over the last year or so and she really is just an authentic, all around great person. She definitely deserved more wins than the women's team was able to get during her four years here.

Nicely done, Justin. I've only watched Haley from a distance but have been impressed with her improvement on the court every year. Also very impressed with what Haley is doing academically.

Yes, she and others, deserved more wins than they got during their time at CU.

Back