What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Commentary on this week's NCAA convention-effect on non-power conf. & women's sports

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Just for anyone interested in this kind of thing, The Volleytalk forum I visit had someone start a thread that linked to this article in EspnW(omen) ( http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12168580/why-care-year-ncaa-convention ) written by a Luke Cyphers that discusses what might come out of an NCAA convention that's evidently taking place this week outside Washington DC, and what it might mean going forward with the "Power 5" conferences proposed changes, with some of the article specifically guessing what it might mean to women's sports, as well as any other non-revenue sports. (I don't know enough about the topic to have any opinion on the quality or accuracy of the commentary.)

The volleytalk thread (thanks to user Phaedrus over there for starting the thread and providing the link to the article) is here- http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/57539/ncaa-meetings-power-womens-sports .

Interesting article to me. Be curious to see how this all ends up- both for the Buffs specifically, and how it might affect competitive balance throughout the national college community. Also, as someone who cares as much about the "non-revenue" sports as football, it will be interesting to see what if anything might change for those "other" sports. In general, from what I could understand, just from the aspect of looking at competitive balance in getting new recruits, it sounds like for "Power 5" conferences - changes good for getting recruits in all or almost all sports; almost all other schools (assume a school like Notre Dame (independent in football, anyway) will be fine? Don't know about a school like BYU?)- not so good.

Back