What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Completing the '14 Class

HawaiiBUFF

Club Member
Club Member
I wanted to see who everyone thinks we need (position or exact player) to round out our class. I thought this post was appropriate after our win on Sunday. I'm not getting ahead of myself, but we have at least tied last years wins and the coaches have something to sell now.

Current Commits:
Watanabe #62 OLB (TX)
Rodriguez #56 OT (TX)
Bennion #58 DE (UT)
White #60 S (CO)
Lopez #75 DT (TX)
Gamboa #38 ILB (CA)
Apsay #48 QB (CA)
Miller #110 OT (CO)
Brown #128 OLB (CA)
Waz #131 S (TX)
Franke DE (CA)
Shaver DE (UT)
Keeney TE (CA)

DE - 3 DT - 1 ILB - 1 OLB - 2 OT - 2 QB - 1 S - 2 TE - 1 (13)

I am hoping that we can land at least 2 4 four recruits. Hopefully we can sign a big RB and a speedy WR. My break down is,

WR - 2 RB - 2 CB - 2 OG/C - 2 TE - 1 ATH - 2 P/K - 1

And more specifically:

WR - Brown #54, Martin #130 RB - Starks #30, Canada #32 CB - OG/C - Noller #15, Jones #22 TE - Green #41 ATH - Ballage #52, Hartley #132 P/K -

Last edited:
Noller isn't close to being a BCS recruit. Look at his recent drop in the rankings. We aren't recruiting Starks.

I agree that we need to recruit better. However, I trust the coaches a lot more after the performance of Gillam and Chido.

(DT) Kammy Delp
(ATH) Donovan Lee
(S) Glen Ihenacho
(RB) Vic Enwere (flip from Cal)
(WR) Tre Hartley
(OT) Sam Jones
(C) Dalton Risner (flip from KSU)
(OG) Isaiah Holland
(OLB) Terran Hasselbach
(RB) Kalen Ballage

I'll take Nik's list in a heartbeat. Sure seems like he is drinking some Kool-Aid now too, but if we got 3/4 of that list that would be allsome

(DT) Kammy Delp
(ATH) Donovan Lee
(S) Glen Ihenacho
(WR) Tre Hartley
(OT) Sam Jones
(OG) Isaiah Holland
(OLB) Terran Hasselbach
(RB) Kalen Ballage
Perfect. I'd be pretty happy with half of that list.

Aside from Hartley, I like Nik's list.

Hartley's hard to get a read on. I love the offers from Wazzu, Houston and Oregon State since I've got a lot of respect for those coaches on WR evaluations. And I know HCMM and staff have scouted and liked him for a long time. But he's definitely more of an under-the-radar guy.

What about Jomon Dotson?

I love Dotson, but his 4.5 speed is with a smaller frame and 30 fewer lbs than the 4.5s run by Enwere and Ballage.

I do want 2 RBs, though. So if we don't land either of my top guys, Dotson would be 3rd on my list with Canada 4th.

I stuck with guys we know CU is recruiting and has a reasonable chance at landing.

Reactions: aik
(DT) Kammy Delp
(ATH) Donovan Lee
(S) Glen Ihenacho
(WR) Tre Hartley
(OT) Sam Jones
(OG) Isaiah Holland
(OLB) Terran Hasselbach
(RB) Kalen Ballage

You project Holland at OG? His profile lists him at OT. With Miller and Rodriguez already in the class, I'm curious if you are penciling Holland in at OG due to the numbers at OT and are speculating that's where he'll ultimately end up.

Just a hunch, but I think if we stay on Risner, he'll change his mind. All we have to do is show a pulse and we're automatically a better option than KSU.

You project Holland at OG? His profile lists him at OT. With Miller and Rodriguez already in the class, I'm curious if you are penciling Holland in at OG due to the numbers at OT and are speculating that's where he'll ultimately end up.

Just a hunch, but I think if we stay on Risner, he'll change his mind. All we have to do is show a pulse and we're automatically a better option than KSU.

Holland is listed at 6'4" on the premium sites. For the BCS, it would be unusual to play OT at that height even if it's camp verified / legit. Bakhtiari was a notable exception. And, honestly, most prospects play tackle in high school and get listed there but then many see a move to guard in college. Not a lot of high schools put their best OL at guard.

Saw him in person this summer and if he is 6'4" he is barely, I'd guess a touch shorter. Definately has the build of a guard. Looking at Miller and Rodriguez it looks like M2 wants tall tackles who are highly mobile.

It also seems like the strategy is to recruit quality athletes and then worry about fitting them where the can contribute most so he could end up at tackle but I wouldn't expect it.

Back