What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference championship week games thread

Ic, I thought I heard they did. Oh and Mariotta is very good, I don't know if I'd say best college qb ever, that surpassing a lot of great ones. Meh on the 3 star status, not hard to see he was talented as hell.

Last edited:
Herbstreit ripping Larry Scott Pac-12 for a Friday night game at 9pm Eastern in a half empty NFL stadium.

I hope Pac moves to Sat in the future, off rhythm Fri night contest a mistake. But Herby gets a bit tiring also. He is pretty full of himself.

UNPOSSIBLE !!! Marriota was just a lousy 3 star recruit, with mediocre offers coming out of HS. Guys like him with pitiful ratings by all the "experts/gurus", never develop, never get coached-up or never take their games to a different level. Doesn't happen, ever...... just like that other 3 star loser, Kaepernik!

Stars are everything! Coaches' "eye for talent" and their hard work mean nought, zero, nada.

Seriously, Mari is like the kid you used to guard in hoops, that no matter what you did.... Legal or not, they still hit the shot. And he is a physical freak to boot.

If the Buffs can just find something kinda similar..... :lol: I need more coffee!

I hope they move the conference championship game back to campus. Rotate between the North team and the South team from year to year. It would give the Pac-12 something unique.

I hope they move the conference championship game back to campus. Rotate between the North team and the South team from year to year. It would give the Pac-12 something unique.

Or make the site determined by conference record of the north vs the south. Whichever team won the tougher division gets the home game.

No. There's not pac12 schools anywhere near vegas. Unlike the hoops tourney, fans may not know if there team is in the CCG until 6 days before. I bought ACCCG tix and travel to Jax once 2 weeks before the hokies.clinched and I was so worried.the whole.time that I had possibly spent that money to see GT play BC

I very much prefer on campus as well. Do it based on best record or rotate it, either way you get a decent crowd, campus enthusiasm and environment.

If you do play it in a predetermined site though Las Vegas would be a much better bet than others. The fact that there isn't a PAC team there doesn't give an unfair advantage to the schools close to the site.

It is however a fairly short drive from the Arizona schools, the LA area and even the Bay area. For those outside of easy driving distance cheap and convienient flights are available. Getting there for fans isn't an obstacle. Hotel rooms are always available and Vegas would give a lot of fans reason to "make a weekend" out of it.

Compare the cost a quickly arraigned trip to Vegas and a quickly arraigned trip to the Bay area and you can see why lots of fans that would have liked to have seen the game didn't come.

Flying into Vegas is NOT cheap, even from denver. It's often cheaper to fly to San Diego than vegas.

I hope Pac moves to Sat in the future, off rhythm Fri night contest a mistake. But Herby gets a bit tiring also. He is pretty full of himself.

its called time zones! sorry but the east coast assholes just have to stay up late to watch...paying customers come first!... also i dont think friday is so dumb..it was the only game on paper that was worth a crap yesterday

its called time zones! sorry but the east coast assholes just have to stay up late to watch...paying customers come first!... also i dont think friday is so dumb..it was the only game on paper that was worth a crap yesterday
So it is the entire East Coast's fault that they won't stay up late and help us earn better ratings. Got it. I never liked those ****ers anyway.

Its too late for the east coast, but it's also too early on the west coast. I get what they were going for, having a night to themselves, but it's too hard to squeeze that game in on a Friday. Go Saturday, start at 5 EST, mid afternoon locally, and get the game outta Santa Clara.

I'd laugh if Bama lost but I don't see it. Mizzou could make it difficult perhaps, they have a good dline.

Its too late for the east coast, but it's also too early on the west coast. I get what they were going for, having a night to themselves, but it's too hard to squeeze that game in on a Friday. Go Saturday, start at 5 EST, mid afternoon locally, and get the game outta Santa Clara.

I agree and disagree-I hate the Friday game. I think Larry Scott outthought himself there. That being said, I also don't like the idea of these games being played at home stadiums. I'd rotate it between Seattle (Centurylink Field), Glendale, and Denver. Levi's Stadium is too far away from everything in San Francisco.

Flying into Vegas is NOT cheap, even from denver. It's often cheaper to fly to San Diego than vegas.

I just ran a quick look, for next weekend I found out of Colorado Springs round trips for about $365.00 a seat on Alliegant including taxes and fees, not cheap but certainly not a deal breaker and way cheaper than I could get in the same time frame to the Bay area. Add on the difference between ground transport cost and hotel and Vegas would be much more doable for a lot of fans.

From Denver Spirit and American have round trips available for under $400 to Vegas, Spirit list one at under $250. To SFO the cheapest is a little under $400 but all other associated cost are higher.

Gus Johnson: lane kiffin fired at USC to the shock of many.

Lol does he even watch non sec football? Kiffin was turrible

It worked that time, but Mauk needs to quit doing that stupid reverse spin every time someone gets in the backfield.

I think they are running wide too damn much, they haven't got the corner yet I don't think. One of the good runs they had was pretty straight forward. They are gonna need some turnovers from Bama I think.

I think they are running wide too damn much, they haven't got the corner yet I don't think. One of the good runs they had was pretty straight forward. They are gonna need some turnovers from Bama I think.

I think this is one of the (many) reasons that Alabama will kill Oregon if they meet. Oregon tries to run too much to that edge, and that is not going to work at all on Bama.

Bama has talent everywhere every facet of the game. I'd love to see Oregon play them, have for quite some time. They have a different level of speed than Missouri.

Back