What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Realignment- The All-In-One Thread

Charlie, when did you start offering translations for your cryptic posts?

To those who don´t know Charlie, if you think that´s bad, wait until he chimes on the coaching carousel.

A normal person would need a translator to read the Bama board I live on. Just thought I would save the 'what is the barn?' posts since I have not been around much. BTW I saw that XHCMD is the DC at UM. A shiny nickel for whoever figures that one out.

Regarding WV - and this was also mentioned in one of the expansion threads - the bottom line is that WV doesn't bring enough TV viewers.

But while Missouri might not seem all that sexy a choice from a fan point of view, it would bring the St. Louis and Kansas City TV markets with it, and that would also be pretty attractive to the SEC. Auburn could move over to the SEC East to balance the divisons, thereby also assuring the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry with Georgia continues to be an every-year affair.

West Virginia? Aside from being competitive on the football field, the SEC adding a program that the ACC didn’t want, and which brings very little in terms of TV reach, would justifiably seem like an also-ran choice.

http://blogs.ajc.com/junkyard-blawg/2011/09/20/is-raiding-the-acc-still-a-possibility-for-the-sec/

A normal person would need a translator to read the Bama board I live on. Just thought I would save the 'what is the barn?' posts since I have not been around much. BTW I saw that XHCMD is the DC at UM. A shiny nickel for whoever figures that one out.

:lol:

Ex-head coach Mike DuBose is the defensive coordinator at Memphis?

Oh please, at least make it a challenge. The secretary ****er is a main assistant down the street from Graceland..... :lol:

Do you folks think HCDD will get it turned around at tuk? I assume you'd rather play tuk than the barn because you think it would be easier, and maybe partly because the rivalry hate makes the barn game no fun. Also, tuk might still have trees left to kill... :lol:

You'll find UM is a strange bunch. HCGP looked like he was going to crash and burn, but suddenly got the program turned around, mostly through a good amount of recruiting in Texass. They owned us the last few years under XHCDH and XDCRC, but your team actually knows how to play proper defense, so you shouldn't have any problem with them. Just don't let the officials screw up a game against them. Trust us, they can hold a grudge like nobody else.

As for aTm and HCMS, it will be great because you guys will be able to trade jerseys back and forth. Just watch out for their fans - if they're not grabbing your balls they're trying to kiss you after a TD. A bit like FSU fans, only at aTm it's the guys who do that...

Junction-the Bama nation supports CDD as much as you can support an opposing coach. He is a protege of CNS and much better than the two previous coaches.

I really hope the OU and UT rumors are true and that the Big 12 is saved. Partly because I don't want them in the Pac and partly because I enjoy seeing UTerus have to sleep in the bed they made. But, that personal gloating is not very considerate to the other members that are hopeless like KSU, ISU, Baylor, etc., that would be completely screwed by the big greedy burnt orange school. Over time I hope to see the Big 12 bring TCU into the fold and bring the conference back to 12 even 14 teams.

But the main reason I want this is because that preserves five powerful conferences. Which, mathematically speaking, makes it hard for the Evil Sports Power Network to rig a 4 mega conference scenario with a playoff. **** them.

CBS College Sports is reporting that the Big East is courting Navy and Air Force as football-only members.

Would be funny to see the MWC lose another team to a AQ conference, even though it seems like a stupid move for AFA.

CBS College Sports is reporting that the Big East is courting Navy and Air Force as football-only members.

Would be funny to see the MWC lose another team to a AQ conference, even though it seems like a stupid move for AFA.

At least they're trying. But trading Pitt and Cuse for Army and Navy in your football and basketball conference? Ugh.

AFA is part of an eastern based conference for hockey...you could say that they want to be with Army and Navy in the same conference.

http://navy.scout.com/2/1108796.html

Check out the Navy interview...there is a lot of radio silence by AFA and even the CS Gazette can't get an answer out of anyone from AFA.

At least they're trying. But trading Pitt and Cuse for Army and Navy in your football and basketball conference? Ugh.

I think Army and Navy (and AFA) would be football only members. I'm not sure what's in it for AFA, since they play Army and Navy every year anyway and I'm sure don't give a crap about the rest of the Big East. Maybe an AQ conference, but I wouldn't bank on that being true forever.

I think Army and Navy (and AFA) would be football only members. I'm not sure what's in it for AFA, since they play Army and Navy every year anyway and I'm sure don't give a crap about the rest of the Big East. Maybe an AQ conference, but I wouldn't bank on that being true forever.

They could park their other sports in the WAC or the Patriot League.

Don't you think they could keep everything else in the MWC (Air Force, I mean)?It's not like the MWC can afford to be picky at this point. The rate they're going, they won't have anyone other than Boise that's attractive on a national level, and who knows how long that will last.

Also, ECU has applied for membership to the Big East.

They do that every year. :smile2:

Given their attendance figures, they're probably the most supported non-BCS program... but do we really need 5 BCS football programs in North Carolina?

Given their attendance figures, they're probably the most supported non-BCS program... but do we really need 5 BCS football programs in North Carolina?

Correct me if I am wrong but ECU would be the only BCS school in East Carolina ..... I am pretty sure jens will back me up on this too.

Don't be fooled, it's a weak collection of BCS programs. The 2 smallest stadiums among current BCS programs belong to schools in NC. The only thing that keeps this state from being apathetic toward college football is all the SEC, VT, and Clemson fans around here.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong but ECU would be the only BCS school in East Carolina ..... I am pretty sure jens will back me up on this too.

Now just a minute, Coastal Carolina is also in East Carolina........

Given their attendance figures, they're just about the most supported program in NC, period. UNC and NCSU's stadiums are 8-10k larger, but aside from perhaps a couple early games in September or when VT or Clemson fill their stadiums with fans, Kenan and Carter-Finley are rarely full.

Given their attendance figures, they're just about the most supported program in NC, period. UNC and NCSU's stadiums are 8-10k larger, but aside from perhaps a couple early games in September or when VT or Clemson fill their stadiums with fans, Kenan and Carter-Finley are rarely full.

One other thing about ECU is they ranked 44th in the country in attendance last season. I believe the only non-BCS school that did better is BYU.

944985693.jpg

Ohhh, I was thinking that was UT for some reason and they are trapped there because of the Long Horn Network which held up the whole thing... Anyway.

So the rumor here in Okie-ville late last night was that the Big 12 is most definitely going to try to get TCU. That would fill the spot left by Texas A&M.

There is also a lot of talk that some teams want to go ahead and expand the league back to 12 teams. Supposedly BYU and West Virginia are the frontrunners for the 11 and 12 spots.

Personally, I would love to see both BYU and WVU in the Big 12. It would be a complete logistical nightmare. 3 time zones. Huge distance to travel between Morgantown, WV and Provo, UT. Mormons + Baptists + Disciples of Christ all in one conference.

A couple of things on this thread

I do think that eventually we will see a division between the "haves" and the have nots. The difference in program revenues continues to grow between the schools on the bottom of the FBS schools and those on the top. We have 119 schools in FBS but the difference between the bottom half of those schools and the top half is exponential. Schools like Texas, Michigan, Florida, etc. generate more revenue a year than the entire Sun Belt Conference or MAC. The schools on the bottom think they should get more of that revenue, those on the top believe they are carrying the bottom schools already.

I think we will see a division with the lower end schools either moving into the FCS or forming a new division between the FBS and FCS, most likely the first due to money. The speculation in the media has been to go to a 4X16 set up in the top schools. I have never heard any of the conference leaders put this out and they have only mentioned it in very general, speculative and less that enthusiastic terms when asked by the media. I think more likely we end up 5 conferences of between 12-16 teams, mostly 12 and 14 since these numbers make scheduling easier while maintaining a sense of conference and protecting rivalries. This also means that if you go to a playoff (which I oppose) instead of a four team playoff you get four extra games in an 8 team playoff with the 5 conference champs and three wildcards. This lets you include a team that dominates the regular season and loses in the conference championship game and also leaves room for some schools to remain independant if that is how it washes out.

As to the statement earlier in the thread about the government not allowing this to happen I don't see any way that the they do anything more than make some noise. The simple fact is that the government isn't going to do anything that endangers the politicians that run it. The powers in CF have the votes to easily block anyone who tries to stop their eventual re-organization. In the senate you will have the senators from all the SEC states, the Big 10 states, most of the ACC states, most of the Big XII states (especially if KU is included) and some of the PAC states who will side with the powers. I make a rough count of 27 states who's senators wouldn't dare oppose the interest of their flagship schools in terms of football interest. In addition you have a number of other states where you can count on at least one senator to support the powers. On the other hand there are only a few states where the senators would be very clearly an loudly opposed to this change, states like Idaho (assuming Boise is left out), Nevada, Wyoming, etc who stand to lose statis in this situation. A number of other states the issue just isn't important enough for their senators to make a solid stand one way or the other. In the house you find a similar situation. How many house members from Texas are going to oppose the interest of UT and A&M, in Florida how many will oppose UF, FSU, Miami, same in the rest of the strong football states.

So the rumor here in Okie-ville late last night was that the Big 12 is most definitely going to try to get TCU. That would fill the spot left by Texas A&M.

There is also a lot of talk that some teams want to go ahead and expand the league back to 12 teams. Supposedly BYU and West Virginia are the frontrunners for the 11 and 12 spots.

Personally, I would love to see both BYU and WVU in the Big 12. It would be a complete logistical nightmare. 3 time zones. Huge distance to travel between Morgantown, WV and Provo, UT. Mormons + Baptists + Disciples of Christ all in one conference.

Neinas was on College Gameday this morning (live from Boulder!) and he made it pretty clear that they weren't interested in another team from the state of Texas. He said the 2 main criteria in this order were geographic proximity and a strong football program. The first would seem to rule out WV

Back