What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Record Predictions, Expectations, What's Acceptable?

Bubblebuff

Bubble buff
Tired of all current updates going to the Fire Tad thread so let's shift focus on expectations for the rest of the way (because short being undefeated no one was going to be impressed by our non conference slate anyways). Given the very poor state of the PAC-12, we could very easily go 11-7. That is noteworthy because it would add another 20-win season to Tad's CU record of 20-win seasons (more than we ever had previously, take that Tad haters) and would equal our best ever PAC-12 record (the 2011 tourney team). To get 11 wins we're actually going to have to win some road games. Assuming we go 8-1 at home (I refuse to expect anything worse in most years, but especially not when we have talent and the conference is down, so will not accept more than one home slip-up). That means we we need three roadies, which we all know has been hard to come by in the Tad era, but is very possible. We don't get our OSU gimme this year, but we do get the WSU (I realize we blew it in OT last year), and I would say Cal (by virtue of being under .500, though they do have a decent win over the second best San Diego school) is another very likely road W. That would mean, if we take care of most of our home slate, we only need to win one additional road win, against very weak Zona (6 point underdogs is winnable game in mind of Vegas), Utah, Wash, Standford, UCLA, USC, and sadly the cream of the Pac 12, ASU.

20 wins overall and an 11-7 record may not even have us on the bubble, but I would be pleased with the team's progress. It would also put us near the top of the conference for next year, for Tad's true measuring stick year, when this class is all upperclassmen and he needs to take us dancing. What say all of you, 11 wins is possible, expected, your barometer???

The Conference is just such absolute garbage but then CU are such crap on the road. Hard to say. I was watching Seton Hall handle Xavier last night, Xavier in a transition year at 9-6, and I think they would win the PAC- 12 hands down.

I’ve lost all hope since Hawaii. Well, not “all” exactly. Just lowered my expectations. Watch them turn around and surprise us though. There is talent on this team and, at some point, you would hope the lights will come on.

10-8 or 11-7. We're not very good, but neither is the rest of this conference. This group will do enough to eek into the NIT.

The conference is indeed down this year. However, CU is probably still a middle of the pack team this year (due to youth and the loss of Dallas). Next year I think that they will be over 500 in PAC 12. But this year I see them at 9 and 9 ... maybe eking out one win on the road and dropping one at home. ... Hopefully, they don't drop more than 1 at home ... I think that 9 and 9 is their ceiling in the regular season. However I am an optimist. The last time that the PAC 12 was a one bid league was the first year that CU was part of it. That year, CU went on an amazing run and won the PAC tourney ... and with it the NCAA tourney slot. Maybe this young team improves during the season and pulls off this kind of upset in the weakest PAC 12 group in history. I am hopeful for that. :)

Back