What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conflicted

We're in for a huge let-down if we don't mudhole OSU this week in a game we're not favored to win.

We're going to be let down. Colorado may be improving, but so is OSU, and they are starting from a lot better position than CU is. Mike Riley can flat out coach and has perfected the model of doing a lot with a little.

Encouraged.

Wins are not as meaningful as progress at this point considering this season is expected to be loser right out of the gate. Koolaid is poisonous and bowl contention would encourage the most self depricating among you. I see real progress and when we are a more complete team form top to bottom the wins will follow.

Encouraged.

Wins are not as meaningful as progress at this point considering this season is expected to be loser right out of the gate. Koolaid is poisonous and bowl contention would encourage the most self depricating among you. I see real progress and when we are a more complete team form top to bottom the wins will follow.

Wins are the only meaningful measurement of progress. Colorado has blown two of their winnable games, against teams that they beat handily (14+ point wins) last year. How is this progress? Sefo can throw for 1,000 yards in a game, but if we don't win it is meaningless.

Chew on this: MM will likely have less P12 wins than Embree after two years. Embree was the worst coach in CU history by a mile.

Wins are the only meaningful measurement of progress. Colorado has blown two of their winnable games, against teams that they beat handily (14+ point wins) last year. How is this progress? Sefo can throw for 1,000 yards in a game, but if we don't win it is meaningless.

Chew on this: MM will likely have less P12 wins than Embree after two years. Embree was the worst coach in CU history by a mile.

Let the season play out. It ain't over till it's over.

Certainly am not missing our previous coach even though I greatly admired him as a player.

Ok. Then we still suck because wins are all that matter. Fire mac. Hes incompetent because he cant win. Happy now?

Having coached sports I tend to measure things besides wins and losses. I see real improvement, I see player growth, I see that growth allowing the coaches to open up the offense further and further as well. I also see the last play of the game, where the RB or the QB went the wrong way, as a sign that were not done maturing and developing chemistry.

When your at the bottom of the barrel as we were to use wins as your barometer is a difficult way to measure progress and improvement.

Last edited:

Agree with this to a point. We needed these 2 wins for any dream of a bowl. However, Cal is a very different team this year and it was in their house. The location of that game seems to matter more than it does in most series. We showed progress in the offense and in the attitude we carry to a road game. Unfortunately, the rest of the schedule looks pretty bleak except maybe next week and when Utah comes to town. We would have to win both of those and somehow pull out a win in Arizona to show progress in the win column.

I couldn't agree more.....you know that was so dang hard for that kid, was even given the option not to come out but thought it was his responsibility. You could tell by fighting back those tears how bad he felt that he let his team down. "The whole team supported me....which made it even harder"

Said a lot about Will that he did that.

That is a really depressing point but also very true

That is a really depressing point but also very true

Embree beat WSU in a game that WSU gave us, but also did not win a single other game that year. Beat Utah in a pretty good game. Beat Arizona in a game where the wind played a bigger factor than anything the buffs did.

at the end of the day though he has those 3 wins.

Even if HCMM does not find 2 more wins this year, I will take this CU team any day over either of those Embree teams.

Last edited:
Embree beat WSU in a game that WSU gave us, but also did not when a single other game that year. Beat Utah in a pretty good game. Beat Arizona in a game where the wind played a bigger factor than anything the buffs did.

Even if HCMM does not find 2 more wins this year, I will take this CU team any day over either of those Embree teams.
agree

I couldn't agree more.....you know that was so dang hard for that kid, was even given the option not to come out but thought it was his responsibility. You could tell by fighting back those tears how bad he felt that he let his team down. "The whole team supported me....which made it even harder"

Can't say enough about Oliver's character after watching that presser. I really hope that this game doesn't carry over into the rest of the season for him.

It's true?

I guess so, if you think the Buffs will go 1-6 the rest of the way.

Sadly, I think that they do. The competition gets a lot harder here on out. I need to see wins before I can be convinced that we are truly improved.

We're going to be let down. Colorado may be improving, but so is OSU, and they are starting from a lot better position than CU is. Mike Riley can flat out coach and has perfected the model of doing a lot with a little.

Did you not see the OSU vs USC game? They had like 100 yards of offense. I get that usc D >>>>>> CU D, but I'm not sure where you can say that the Beav's are improving.

It's true?

I guess so, if you think the Buffs will go 1-6 the rest of the way.

Personally, 1-6 the rest of the way might be generous. I hope I am wrong, but I tend to agree with others that the hill gets a lot steeper from here on out. The teams CU has beat, and the ones against who they have shown improvement, really are not much compared to what is coming down the pike.

Embree beat WSU in a game that WSU gave us, but also did not win a single other game that year. Beat Utah in a pretty good game. Beat Arizona in a game where the wind played a bigger factor than anything the buffs did.

Had Embree not left M2 a program that was gutted in terms of any depth of talent I have no question that we would have more PAC 12 wins in the past season and this one.

Embree left a few very good kids (Sefo, Spruce, Hendo, etc.) and a whole lot of nothing. M2 is getting way more out of the talent available than Embree ever did.

In Embree's first year, the win against Utah was a well-executed game. That was probably the highlight of the era. That was a good Utah team with a lot to play for.

Zona win was nice, but a lot of that was an 80 mph cross wind that really screwed up the UA quarterback. When I couldn't take a piss before the game because the port-a-potties in the tailgate area were blowing over, I knew we had a chance in that one.

Sadly, I think that they do. The competition gets a lot harder here on out. I need to see wins before I can be convinced that we are truly improved.

I'm sorry, but your rep is a little insufficient for me to take you seriously.

Tell me what to think Nik!

I'll be the first to say that I hope that I am dead wrong. CU scored some points against a bad team in one game after being atrocious the week before against a MW team and many of you think some corner has been turned. I think OSU will also be out to prove that last week was a fluke and they have better talent, very good coaching and are a battle tested program. Our chances of winning are low.

Personally, 1-6 the rest of the way might be generous. I hope I am wrong, but I tend to agree with others that the hill gets a lot steeper from here on out. The teams CU has beat, and the ones against who they have shown improvement, really are not much compared to what is coming down the pike.

That's how I see it as well. We've lost 2 of our more winnable games this year, and things don't really get easier. I see 4 chances left where we might get a win: OSU, UW, @AZ, and UT. We could very easily lose all 4 of those.

That's how I see it as well. We've lost 2 of our more winnable games this year, and things don't really get easier. I see 4 chances left where we might get a win: OSU, UW, @AZ, and UT. We could very easily lose all 4 of those.

USC and UCLA are both winnable. Not if they play close to their A games (way too talented), but both have been very uneven week-to-week this year. I could say the same thing about Oregon, but not with the way Mariota's playing and with that game at Autzen. It would take a minor miracle.

USC and UCLA are both winnable. Not if they play close to their A games (way too talented), but both have been very uneven week-to-week this year. I could say the same thing about Oregon, but not with the way Mariota's playing and with that game at Autzen. It would take a minor miracle.

I'd say USC is more winable than UCLA, and that's in Los Angeles. USC may have had their "step on their dick" moment at Boston College already, though. They seem to have one every year. To be honest, USC hasn't really impressed me that much.

We'll see. I don't think there's much of a difference between the three of them. All 3 have so much more talent than we do. I'll be proud if we're within a couple scores going into the 4th quarter in those games.

Hey Buffs. For what it's worth (and from an outsider's perspective) I think some of you are being a bit tough on your team. Was this a defensive tour de force?...... uh, no. But the flip side is that there were really flashes here of something special. Even on the defensive side I can say from having watched a lot of college football, Cal's receivers are world class (maybe the best we've ever fielded) and your corner backs did a really great job shutting them down. Goff had a pretty off day (for him) but even so there were a ton of passes our receivers would routinely drag down and your corners were in there all game breaking them up. And don't even get me started on Spruce on the offensive side of the ball.... a complete stud. Anyway, keep the faith. This looks to me like a much better CU team than the one that beat Cal last year (despite the opposite outcome).

Hey Buffs. For what it's worth (and from an outsider's perspective) I think some of you are being a bit tough on your team. Was this a defensive tour de force?...... uh, no. But the flip side is that there were really flashes here of something special. Even on the defensive side I can say from having watched a lot of college football, Cal's receivers are world class (maybe the best we've ever fielded) and your corner backs did a really great job shutting them down. Goff had a pretty off day (for him) but even so there were a ton of passes our receivers would routinely drag down and your corners were in there all game breaking them up. And don't even get me started on Spruce on the offensive side of the ball.... a complete stud. Anyway, keep the faith. This looks to me like a much better CU team than the one that beat Cal last year (despite the opposite outcome).
unbiased

Thank you for an unbiased take. We are a bit edgy here in Buff football land after 13 years without water. Nice win and agree on your wides, wow are they athletic!

Wow.

Back