What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conflicted

And you get the WBF Award, with Oak Clusters.

For years, I've watched guys like you at Folsom, berating Eddie or Mac after every play that didn't go for at least a 1st down, if not a TD.

They considered their mere presence at a game and their accompanying commentary, a "gift" to CU football and other fans, jes' like you.
You don't know me from Adam. How you can divine my behavior at games is beyond me. Nothing compels me to be a fan, go to a game or pay for my tickets; I choose to do so. If I tire of watching my favorite team get beat over and over and over, I can choose not to as well. If you feel differently, bully for you. I will do as I please, go to the games I want, and say what I want, and frankly, I couldn't give a **** what you think about it.

I think my original intended point has strayed a bit during the discussion. My ultimate point is that Colorado MUST start winning these games. MM has a limited window where the players, staff, school, fans are engaged and moving forward with progress. Colorado can only go so far with progress being measured on "being competitive". A breaking point is coming where wins have to start being the result of this progress. Colorado has royally screwed up by losing two of the most winnable games on the schedule. Both losses felt like a complete kick in the nuts, because Colorado was in complete control in those games and collapsed. We don't know if MM will be able to teach these kids to win until it actually happens. Until that occurs, there really isn't any true progress to stand on.

I think a lot of the progress we see so far may be a bit of fools gold based on the competition level. The schedule now gets nasty, and the reality of where this program still is, is about to set in. Hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that people come to earth this weekend when a very well coached OSU team, smarting off of a lackluster performance against USC, comes to town.
I am acutely interested to see how the Buffs perform in the next 7 games. Our difference is that if the Buffs won two and were generally competitive, I think it would show a wild improvement over both last season and the few before it. This would be the same number of wins as last year, with wildly better style points. Lose out and have scrubs coming in for our opponents at half time regularly and I would be off the bandwagon.

So then explain my FACTS. Colorado has lost to the only FBS teams that they beat last year. Colorado had to have a furious rally to beat UMass who is arguably the worst team in FBS. Colorado limped through a win against UH who couldn't beat a high school team on the road. How is that progress? You think CU isn't playing a KSU like non-con schedule? We played CSU, UMASS, and UH. UH and UMASS were both 1 win teams last year, and CSU is...CSU. Colorado played a Charmin soft schedule this year.

At the end of the day, only wins count. Please give me more than "they kinda seem like they are better, but I can't really prove it, because they haven't won any meaningful games."

In your eyes how many wins do we need to get to see improvement over last year? One win against maybe UCLA, USC or Oregon or 2-3 wins against UA, Utah, Washington? or some combination of?

In your eyes how many wins do we need to get to see improvement over last year? One win against maybe UCLA, USC or Oregon or 2-3 wins against UA, Utah, Washington? or some combination of?

I think one could argue that one more win would be progress. We would then have gone from 2 FBS wins last year to 3 this year. I think 2 would be ideal as that would show going from 1 conference win last year to 2 conference wins this year.

I agree....but dam that still makes me sad that one more FBS win is progress....I guess baby steps at this point. I'm thinking that the 2-3 more wins against UA, Washington and Utah would really show progress, but I agree with your point.

I think my original intended point has strayed a bit during the discussion. My ultimate point is that Colorado MUST start winning these games. MM has a limited window where the players, staff, school, fans are engaged and moving forward with progress. Colorado can only go so far with progress being measured on "being competitive". A breaking point is coming where wins have to start being the result of this progress. Colorado has royally screwed up by losing two of the most winnable games on the schedule. Both losses felt like a complete kick in the nuts, because Colorado was in complete control in those games and collapsed. We don't know if MM will be able to teach these kids to win until it actually happens. Until that occurs, there really isn't any true progress to stand on.

I think a lot of the progress we see so far may be a bit of fools gold based on the competition level. The schedule now gets nasty, and the reality of where this program still is, is about to set in. Hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that people come to earth this weekend when a very well coached OSU team, smarting off of a lackluster performance against USC, comes to town.
This ^^^^^.

Exactly. When I come into the office Monday morning, I don't hear, "wow, CU looked much better than last year, they only lost by 14". I hear, "ha ha, what happened to your Buffies?". I figured CU had a chance to win 4-5 this year. As buffedup said, they screwed the pooch with two of their most winnable games. After OSU, it becomes much more difficult, and ass kickings are likely. Getting to 4 W's now is not likely. CU has to start winning, like yesterday.

Not sure what kind of dumbass sees losses where the other team pulls starters at halftime, and losses were we were winning and lost the game at the very end. Yes, still a loss. But if you can't see that that is progress, albeit slower than we would like, then thank the good lord that he made you smart enough to breathe without having to think. Yes, lost to CSU. Which looks lots better than last year. Yes, lost to Cal, who, instead of one win, has three already, and it was at their place. Cal doesn't win at Colorado. Lost to ASU, had a bad first quarter, but fought back. Knocked out ASU QB, and ASU looks bad with him. I see a team at Cal that would have beat CSU and probably ASU at home. The progress is that good over five games. But sure, just quit the program now. Please. Give up and turn off the tv (or at least the internet, specifically here) and move on with your life.

Not sure what kind of dumbass sees losses where the other team pulls starters at halftime, and losses were we were winning and lost the game at the very end. Yes, still a loss. But if you can't see that that is progress, albeit slower than we would like, then thank the good lord that he made you smart enough to breathe without having to think. Yes, lost to CSU. Which looks lots better than last year. Yes, lost to Cal, who, instead of one win, has three already, and it was at their place. Cal doesn't win at Colorado. Lost to ASU, had a bad first quarter, but fought back. Knocked out ASU QB, and ASU looks bad with him. I see a team at Cal that would have beat CSU and probably ASU at home. The progress is that good over five games. But sure, just quit the program now. Please. Give up and turn off the tv (or at least the internet, specifically here) and move on with your life.

Cool story bro. I guess the CU-Boulder Physics degree hanging on my wall from a department with multiple Nobel prize winners qualifies me as just smart enough to breathe.

After disagreeing with pretty much everything you have posted in the last couple of weeks (I'm an eternal optimist), this is pretty spot on. Good post.

Cool story bro. I guess the CU-Boulder Physics degree hanging on my wall from a department with multiple Nobel prize winners qualifies me as just smart enough to breathe.
A Physics Degree /= day in day out street smarts /= football competence.

A Physics Degree /= day in day out street smarts /= football competence.

Not sure where that was part of the argument, but let's just say it doesn't hurt.

But yeah, if your are cool with relatively personal attacks on my intelligence because of my opinion on our football team, then more power to you.

In all fairness, I think ANYONE who only looks at win/loss record as to the teams growth is a mouth breather. Wasn't personal to your intelligence in regards to your career, only your opinion in this matter.

Of course, my opinion and 6 bucks will buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks, just like the rest of us. I just get aggravated that people can't see how much better this team is. It is still missing parts we need, and we don't have the depth yet to cover injuries, particularly multiple injuries at one position.

But better is better. 2 years ago most of us were done watching midway through the 2nd quarter, except the sadists in the group. Now we are in it to the end. The team needs to learn to finish, and it is sad that we lost those two games we had real shots of winning. But to say that losing to Cal on the road with the offense they have now, compared to beating them at home last year with all the injuries means no progress is insane. Most of us knew that CU could grow leaps and bounds and it not translate into wins this year.

After vehemently disagreeing with what you said there, you have made other posts that I can more agree with, and as such, I will apologize for the slight to your intelligence.

After disagreeing with pretty much everything you have posted in the last couple of weeks (I'm an eternal optimist), this is pretty spot on. Good post.

Agree on learning how to 'finish' and win some of these games.
Gotta get to a bowl next season to sustain momentum.
Winning a couple more games and remaining competitive this year will also help spring board into next season.

Not sure where that was part of the argument, but let's just say it doesn't hurt.

But yeah, if your are cool with relatively personal attacks on my intelligence because of my opinion on our football team, then more power to you.
I am not the one puffing out my chest on my Physics degree. Cool story, bro.

Cool story bro. I guess the CU-Boulder Physics degree hanging on my wall from a department with multiple Nobel prize winners qualifies me as just smart enough to breathe.[/QU

I didn't spend three years in a tiger cage neck deep in the Mekong River to listen to you ninnys argue about who is the smartest!

In all fairness, I think ANYONE who only looks at win/loss record as to the teams growth is a mouth breather. Wasn't personal to your intelligence in regards to your career, only your opinion in this matter.

Of course, my opinion and 6 bucks will buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks, just like the rest of us. I just get aggravated that people can't see how much better this team is. It is still missing parts we need, and we don't have the depth yet to cover injuries, particularly multiple injuries at one position.

But better is better. 2 years ago most of us were done watching midway through the 2nd quarter, except the sadists in the group. Now we are in it to the end. The team needs to learn to finish, and it is sad that we lost those two games we had real shots of winning. But to say that losing to Cal on the road with the offense they have now, compared to beating them at home last year with all the injuries means no progress is insane. Most of us knew that CU could grow leaps and bounds and it not translate into wins this year.

After vehemently disagreeing with what you said there, you have made other posts that I can more agree with, and as such, I will apologize for the slight to your intelligence.

While I might cry myself to sleep a few times, I'll live. At the end of the day, we all just want the Buffs to win.

The very positive recruits over the last few days just adds to my confusion. A lot of good things over the last few weeks! Go buffs.

I'd say you can puff your chest out about your level of douchiness.
I will admit to two things:
1) Being a douche in this case - I actually felt slightly bad about it even though I was laughing as I wrote that last post
2) Jumping in to a middle of someone else's argument

If I may make a suggestion: It may be good to get your myopia checked out. Pot meet kettle.

Back