What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congrats to Coach Payne on a very encouraging 1st season

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I really like Coach Payne. Infectious personality. High energy. Fun style of basketball. Gets the most out of her players. And it looks like she's gonna be an absolute witch on the recruiting trail.

Year One was a nice tone setter to get things going in the right direction.

I'm very excited about the future of our WBB program.

I really like Coach Payne. Infectious personality. High energy. Fun style of basketball. Gets the most out of her players. And it looks like she's gonna be an absolute witch on the recruiting trail.

Year One was a nice tone setter to get things going in the right direction.

I'm very excited about the future of our WBB program.
I agree completely. This team accomplished way more this season than I expected they would be capable of after last season ended.

Now what I most want to see is a player like Iowa's post player Megan Gustafson. She was a 4 star 6'4" post player coming in as a freshman in 2015. That is the biggest hole in the Buffs roster at this point.

I have to agree with everyone here. Excellent job by Coach Payne and her staff. Also great job of the players buying in to the system.

I still remember hearing about Ceal's comments after watching the first day of practice (She said it would be a long year). Ceal still has a great basketball mind and understands the talent level of the team. The fact that she didn't think much of the team tells us even more about the job that this staff and these ladies did.

Congrats to all of them. Looking forward to next year!!

Coach Payne did not disappoint. I hope Alexis can get her knee rehabbed and will be ready to go.

As Coach Payne establishes the program, the recruits will come.

Now what I most want to see is a player like Iowa's post player Megan Gustafson. She was a 4 star 6'4" post player coming in as a freshman in 2015. That is the biggest hole in the Buffs roster at this point.

We have to find a post player in the off season and one that can play right away. IMO, we don't have a good post player and it's a must in the Pac.

How much truth is there to a woman tears her acl easier than a man does? My son's mom tore hers 3 times, same knee. The last time she had like steel rods that stuck out a few inches, it was the damndest thing I'd seen. Doctor told me it was for stabilization and then told me about the question I just asked at the top. I didn't know whether to believe him or not.

There are studies that say it easier for a woman to tear her ACL than a man.
The bio-mechanics behind it are because the opening where the acl passes through the knee is smaller in females and the hip-knee-ankle angle is larger than in the typical male which increases the strain on the acl in the knee.

During the non-conference portion of the season it was obvious that this season's team was much more confident and playing loose than the previous season's edition. I think this was a really important part of the equation leading to success. More than strategy, conditioning, etc., it was the difference this season. They lost a bit of this in the loss to Wyoming, but gained it again later in the conference season.

Philosophically, this coaching staff is very different from the previous one. They trust the players inherently and believe that they have the ability to be successful on the court.

Great job coach! So let's get this straight. The football team won the South w 10 wins, WBB went to the 1/4 finals in the NIT w a new coach but the MBB team did squat. Upside down Year for expectations!!

From what I could see from a distance, every player had the green light. That led to confidence in their shooting early on.

From what I could see from a distance, every player had the green light. That led to confidence in their shooting early on.

To go beyond this they played the entire game like a team that wasn't over coached in the games. So many times coaches want their players to be "an extension of the coach on the floor." The coach wants to control everything and have the players do exactly what the coach dictates. This tends to lead to certain players either not being willing to take risk because they are afraid of the coaches response of of being unable to adapt and adjust because they don't have the confidence to.

This team near the end of the season in the times I saw them looked like a team that wasn't afraid to play the game, they weren't going to get pulled for little mistakes, they didn't look to the bench instead of thinking and acting on their own instincts.

I enjoy watching teams that have been allowed this kind of freedom by their coaches. It's been a very long time since CU has had a coach like this. JR and staff taught them what they could teach them in the time they had. The team will keep learning and it will get better.

Back