What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congratulations Mr. Montez

I think the best part about Montez is we've heard about him but hadn't seen anything. It gave me so much hope that this season isn't an anomaly and that we're bringing in players and are ready to start building something great starting with the last class and the next one.

I like his attitude. Sefo is a great leader, but Montez has some serious confidence and swagger. I think he likes the spotlight.
Agree.

Granted Sefo has been beaten to hell for 4 years so that may have something to do with it. Looking forward to having that personality lead our program in the years to come though. Should be fun.

our OL is doing great and what happened to Adkins? He looked great on his few carries. The DL especially Topou is man handling o's OL. Witherspoon almost had a pick in the first qtr, right in his hands. That stupid fake punt hurt us a little.

I don't remember exactly when it was, I want to say around 12 minutes left in the 1st q or 2nd q but there was I think an end around type play and Montez was on the far side and it looked like he was casually standing there and just laid the wood to an Oregon defender. If someone knows what I'm talking about or has the game I would love to see it.

FB_POW_9.26__1474910330.jpg

our OL is doing great and what happened to Adkins? He looked great on his few carries. The DL especially Topou is man handling o's OL. Witherspoon almost had a pick in the first qtr, right in his hands. That stupid fake punt hurt us a little.
That was Evans not Adkins. I'm pretty sure that Adkins got no run. The announcer called the wrong name a few times.

SIAP: This was pretty cool-
McShay: Steven Montez, QB, Colorado

Montez, a redshirt freshman, was thrust into a starting role at Oregon on Saturday with Sefo Liufau injured. He brought the Buffs back after trailing 38-33 at the beginning of the fourth quarter as they upset Oregon 41-38. Montez made some big-time throws late in the game, gaining 468 yards in total offense (333 passing and 135 rushing) and scoring 4 TDs. He's not draft-eligible this year, but Montez is a name to stock away for 2018.

SIAP: This was pretty cool-
McShay: Steven Montez, QB, Colorado

Montez, a redshirt freshman, was thrust into a starting role at Oregon on Saturday with Sefo Liufau injured. He brought the Buffs back after trailing 38-33 at the beginning of the fourth quarter as they upset Oregon 41-38. Montez made some big-time throws late in the game, gaining 468 yards in total offense (333 passing and 135 rushing) and scoring 4 TDs. He's not draft-eligible this year, but Montez is a name to stock away for 2018.
All based on one game? That's a little over the top, wouldn't you say? The guy has played one game and we are already talking about him declaring for the draft early? C'mon.

All based on one game? That's a little over the top, wouldn't you say? The guy has played one game and we are already talking about him declaring for the draft early? C'mon.
McShay has been drinking the buff kool-aid ever since he has started paying attention to Chido.

He is a bit far out with this statement, but its good press. I will roll my eyes at it, but be happy for it.

Until another RS-Fr drops 468 yards of offense and 4 TD's against a recent top national team in their first start, this is a BFD.

Awesome article by the post (weird to say). It is just one game, I know that, but damn that was one hell of a baseline. Definitely have to give props to Lindgren for getting him ready to perform. He called one hell of a game to get Montez confidence and in rhythm.

If Montez can keep improving and never settle, the sky is the limit for him. He has the right combination of arm strength and running ability that seem to be the staple of a great college qb.

My neighbor takes the Post. I was having coffee with her this morning & she asked if I wanted to see the sports page. Not unless there are CU articles, and she handed it to me. Shocking & awesome.

My neighbor takes the Post. I was having coffee with her this morning & she asked if I wanted to see the sports page. Not unless there are CU articles, and she handed it to me. Shocking & awesome.
This is a euphemism for something. It's just not coming to be right now. Wait a moment - I think I just got it.

Last night I checked out some pod casts from the previous couple of days. Quite a bit of buzz for the Buffs. And some pretty stupid **** as well.

Thought that another key stat based on the amount of rushes Mr. Montez had was that he had 0 fumbles...when he ran he protected the ball, he held that ball pretty high and you could see he had his arm wrapped tightly around it. Smart QB, when rushing...I have to take the yards they give me and protect the ball. He might need some work on finishing the run, he seemed to let up right before getting tackled a few time, and knowing when to slide but stand up performance either way.

Maybe Sefo could take a note from him in this regard

Last edited:
Back