What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congratulations to new New York Flash player Amy Barczuk

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Congratulations to Amy Barczuk who was just selected by the Western New York Flash in the inaugural National Women's Soccer League draft.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...rk-Flash-National-Women-s-Soccer-League-Draft

FMJGVUKHTXMYNNK.20121011163911.jpg

articleImageBottom.jpg

Barczuk is just the second Buff to be drafted out of college.

Photo Courtesy: Scott Arnold, ProMotion Ltd.

[h=1]Barczuk Drafted In Second Round Of NWSL Draft[/h] Release: 01/18/2013 Courtesy: Marlee Horn, Graduate Assistant SID

BOULDER - University of Colorado women's soccer player Amy Barczuk was drafted by the Western New York Flash in the second round of Friday's inaugural National Women's Soccer League Draft.

"We are very excited for Amy," CU head coach Danny Sanchez said. "She has all the physical tools, but just as important, she has the proper mental makeup to compete against the top players in the world. This is a great day for Amy and Colorado soccer."

Barczuk, a 5-foot-10 midfielder from Centennial, Colo., said she woke up Friday morning scanning projections, unsure of where she would be drafted. Now she's a member of the 2012 WPSL-Elite Champions Flash, and she couldn't be more grateful.

"I'm just so thankful to be drafted where I was by a great team," Barczuk said. "I'm thankful to those who have stuck by my side, my family and my sister. I'm thankful to (coaches) Danny, Don and Jason for being so helpful and for having done anything I asked them to do and for (Eric) Pelloni (assistant director of BuffVision) for making my highlight video. I just want to thank everyone who helped me get here. I'm excited about the opportunity to play professionally among some of the best players in the world. I mean, most people don't get the opportunity to say that. I'm so, so grateful for this opportunity."

Barczuk capped her career as a Buffalo by breaking records and earning numerous honors.

As the 2012 captain, Barczuk became one of only eight players in CU soccer history to have started at least 76 of 78 games played. She is also one of four Buffs to have played in every one of the team's games in her four-year tenure at CU. Her games started and played also rank her ninth and 12th on CU's all-time list.

In her career, Barczuk has scored 23 points off 10 goals and three assists. Her 124 shots attempted ranks her 11th all-time at Colorado.

A two-time all-conference second team selection, Barczuk made her mark at CU from the minute she stepped on the pitch. In her first season, she was named to the Big 12 All-Newcomer Team. As a sophomore, she earned a spot on the Gonzaga University All-Tournament Team and was a CS360 Performer of the Week. She gained national attention her junior year as an Under-23 National Training Camp selection.

Most recently, she was named to the DU Invitational All-Tournament Team and was a third-team NSCAA All-Pacific Region selection. In her senior campaign, she scored four goals, hitting the decisive one in overtime against USC to lead the Buffs to their first ever road victory in the Pac-12 Conference and earn CU Athlete of the Week honors.

Barczuk also excelled academically. The business major was first-team All-Academic Big 12 and a two-time All-Academic Pac-12 honorable mention.

Barczuk is just the second Buff to be drafted out of college. The first was Nikki Marshall in the first round of the 2010 Women's Professional Soccer Draft.

Last edited:
Back