What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Consistency

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
I'm pretty nervous about the Wyoming game. We were 6-0 before our last visit to Laramie. We lost 76-69. We committed 17 turnovers to only 11 assists. We allowed 14 layups. Ski was 2 for 13. Last year, we were really inconsistent when we went on the road. We seemed to go into way too many scoring droughts. Granted, we didn't have SD much of the year. I'm hoping we can show consistency on the road and minimize the scoring droughts. This game Saturday will tell us a lot.

Wyoming's a very tough place to play.

Buffs need to overcome.

Huge test.

Shyatt is a fantastic coach. He knows how to go against Tad.

Wyo gets some solid home games like SDSU, but we are the marquee game in their renovated arena. Place will be rocking. Their players like Grabau, Adams, etc have a point to prove. Nance is a straight beast. Wyo views us as a rival and wants to beat us badly. They've shown it time and time again recently and have been successful.

However, at the end of the day, this is a mid-level MWC team. They play above that level against us, but that's what they are. This is a game a top 25 team wins. Ranked teams beat "okay" teams on the road. Two years ago we went into Laramie ranked 19th and got exposed for not being at that level. Let's make the opposite happen this year: come in unranked and leave ranked. We need to take the initiative. We have the talent and depth. Put the ****ers on their back feet early.

/rant

Laramie, like Ft. Collins, seems to bring out some of the worst basketball the Buffs have to offer. Poor decision making, quick shots, silly turnovers, etc. Regardless of where Wyo is predicted to finish in the MWC you know it's going to be a serious mental challenge fro the Buffs.

Wyo will take the air out of the ball at every opportunity and try and get the Buffs to play at a painfully slow tempo. They'll sit back in their zone defense and dare the Buffs to beat them with perimeter shots. On offense they'll run shot clock on every possession and force CU to play defense until there is a quality shot available.

To me it's a mater of mental toughness for the Buffs. They have to be patient v the zone and move the ball quickly. When it gets into the post and Josh Scott is smothered there needs to be some open perimeter players for him to kick the ball out to.

I was afraid that this was going to be another one of DBT's "stool" threads.

So, as I was sitting on the toilet this morning, I was contemplating the meaning of life and the Buff's past road woes. My point isn't just Wyoming. We always seem to struggle on the road, no matter where we play. Is this the year, with this team, that we kind of break through on the road? And I realize the road is tough for even the best teams from time to time. When we played in Laramie last time, we out fouled them 27 to 13. For whatever reason, the calls go against you on the road. I think that get's into our head. Especially Ski. After our last game in Wyoming, Tad said, "Ski does not handle adversity well." Is he any better two years later?

I think towards the end of last year they started to turn things around on the road. We should have beat cal in OT, did hang on and beat stanford. Those were not easy games, but they dont have the scorned female aspect to it like some of wyomings players (grabau and adams).

They're going to be up for this game, and I suspect many people arriving for football will just turn up a few hours early and watch this too. Their pace does us no favors (I think they collected like 4 offensive rebounds ALL YEAR last year), and they play good defense. We should have won 2 years ago, but they gave it away.

They can do it this year - the guards just need to take care of the ball. I'm not going to worry TOO Much about nance. He'll get his (just like jelly will) but I dont really expect him to drop 20 on us. I think wes will be guarding him, and those two will get after it.

For those curious about how big they see this game, I think they made a whole website for it: http://jointheposse.com/

Back