What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cool Terry Frei piece on Derrick Webb

I got to talk to Webb's family a bit before the game USC game, his mom's comments may have been put lightly. Great family.

Yeah, very good read! Now that Henderson is gone at the DP, maybe Frei should be considered to be the DP's beatwriter for the Buffs? Not sure, but isn't Frei a CU alum?

The last couple of articles have been by Kensler. But Henderson did the Oregon post game article.

Yeah, very good read! Now that Henderson is gone at the DP, maybe Frei should be considered to be the DP's beatwriter for the Buffs? Not sure, but isn't Frei a CU alum?

Probably exactly why he wouldn't be given it in the journalism world.

Would he be objective and critical of CU when The Post needed him to? Even if he was harshly critical of CU when it called for it The Post would still have a shadow hanging over it just for letting him have the beat due to the potential conflict of interest.

And then there could be the desire to prove he really is objective and actually becomes hard on CU when its not necessary.

No thanks.

The Denver Post needs to worry less about that kind of BS and more about finding people who actually know how to be real journalists. Frei wouldn't be the best, but he'd be light years better than Hendo.

Terry was the beat writer back in the early 90's for CU, if I remember correctly. It was disappointing when he was taken off to do Broncos stuff.

I think Kensler would be good. Frei has too many other things going on. He does a lot of columns. Kensler seems to have a lot of "energy." He goes out and finds things to write about other than just game results. I get the feeling Hendo just watches the games on TV and writes the story. Which, I guess, is impressive when you consider he's flipping between the game and gymnastics.

I don't foresee the DP having anyone spending any real time on the Buffs, given there's so many viable stories about the Broncos 12 months of the year. We are only weeks away from training camp after all.

Good article. Buffnation should be grateful for what Derrick Webb gave us on the field. Thanks for emptying the bucket man!

Back