What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cornerback recruiting

Crawley, Wright, Walker and Hall are the main guys to keep an eye on.

How many CB and/or S do you think the staff wants to take this cycle?

We have 1 safety with Manaea and he's athletic enough to play a little corner if we got in a bind like we did this year.

I think we want 3 more corners, maybe 4. Philosophy seems to be to recruit corners and move the guys who don't have the best hips to safety after the fact. Hopefully this isn't an overreaction to our coverage difficulties last season. I believe it has to do mostly with wanting a lot more speed on the field.

I agree that we need an influx of speed. And I've always catered to the line of thinking that it's easier to convert a corner to safety than vice versa.

3 corners would be real nice. 4 would be outstanding, but I guess that means we may be a little short at another position come NSD. Regardless, if the speed merchants are there for the taking, we should not pass 'em up.

Yes we have a CB commit (I have the trial subscription). Of course I can't say who, but...

AZ makes it to easy to figure out who he is talking about with those pictures :lol:

The best recruiting we could have possibly done for our 2012 (and future) secondary is this...

Jagne, Rasmussen, Henington, Kafovalu, Solis, Tupou, Wilson, and Stuart.

Back