What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cornerback recruiting

Like the John Walker pickup, but still want atleast two more DBs

Looking at the depth, i would move Bell to Safety and eventually move Orms to safety once the freshmen get up to speed.

S- Polk, Washington, Terrell Smith,Moseley,Bell,Vigo
CB- Henderson, Orms, Crawley, Yuri Wright,Harrington,John Walker

I heard something interesting regarding our DB recruiting.

Sounds like Jermane Clark (6'2" 195lbs while redshirting) is bulking up to play linebacker. He's the same size as KT Tu'umalo, who is already listed as a LB. Also, Will Harlos could end up at LB. We're trying to get faster and that's probably where all 3 end up as they develop. This also explains why we didn't recruit a lot of LBs for this class with those guys plus Daigh, Parker and Greer coming in last year.

Obviously, that opens up some spots in the defensive backfield.

Sherrard Harrington played a lot of safety in high school, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. Ideally, we'll have a couple guys step up at cornerback so that Orms can start at safety this year.

Anyway, there's definitely a lot of opportunity for young players to earn snaps in the defensive backfield this year.

I heard something interesting regarding our DB recruiting.

Sounds like Jermane Clark (6'2" 195lbs while redshirting) is bulking up to play linebacker. He's the same size as KT Tu'umalo, who is already listed as a LB. Also, Will Harlos could end up at LB. We're trying to get faster and that's probably where all 3 end up as they develop. This also explains why we didn't recruit a lot of LBs for this class with those guys plus Daigh, Parker and Greer coming in last year.

Obviously, that opens up some spots in the defensive backfield.

Sherrard Harrington played a lot of safety in high school, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. Ideally, we'll have a couple guys step up at cornerback so that Orms can start at safety this year.

Anyway, there's definitely a lot of opportunity for young players to earn snaps in the defensive backfield this year.

Orms and harrington will probably stay at cb since we have no depth there and henderson and bell the only guys we can trust no?

Orms and harrington will probably stay at cb since we have no depth there and henderson and bell the only guys we can trust no?

Lots of "ifs" right now.

Can Moten and Vigo develop into solid backups?

Can Bell and Harrington come back healthy from their injuries?

Can any of the freshmen make an immediate impact?

It's not a bad guess, though, to pencil in our starting defensive backfield at this point as Orms & Henderson at CB with Polk & Washington at S.

I kinda wish they'd move Orms to safety. He diagnoses plays well, is willing to close fast and hit/tackle, and seems to be able to pick up slot receivers and/or te's running patterns in the middle of the field.

I kinda wish they'd move Orms to safety. He diagnoses plays well, is willing to close fast and hit/tackle, and seems to be able to pick up slot receivers and/or te's running patterns in the middle of the field.
If Orms is playing safety that means we have two pretty good corners. Lets hope for that

Lots of "ifs" right now.

It's not a bad guess, though, to pencil in our starting defensive backfield at this point as Orms & Henderson at CB with Polk & Washington at S.

Good stuff nik, no matter what groupings,this secondary should be much better than what we endured last year.

Lots of "ifs" right now.

Those are "cans".

Boom.. Two top cornerback recruits and this thread just got interesting.
:stupid: I think all of us fail to give this staff enough credit that they will pull through in recruiting-many of them, starting with JE and EB are world-class recruiters. Appears GB can hang now too!

so much for that recruiting footprint....

I think we may have just landed two of the top CB's who meet GB's profile of tall and rangy guys. Using that profile, these two guys had to be pretty high up on the board.

I just had a thought. I remember watching this video of Harrington and thinking "this guy looks like a good D1 safety". If he's put on some muscle weight, I wonder if he makes the switch!?

Either way, you have to love what our DB situation looks like for a while!

[video=youtube;dXF3b7D9Ibc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXF3b7D9Ibc&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

I just had a thought. I remember watching this video of Harrington and thinking "this guy looks like a good D1 safety". If he's put on some muscle weight, I wonder if he makes the switch!?

Either way, you have to love what our DB situation looks like for a while!

[video=youtube;dXF3b7D9Ibc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXF3b7D9Ibc&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

BTW. Pretty awesome to see Sherrard and De'Jon crushing to QB together at 3:48 of this video. The DC4 is going to be fun to watch in Boulder!

Among Walker, Harrington and Crawley, Harrington is the most likely to play safety. He did so in high school. Crawley is a pure corner.

Back