What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Corn's top WR gets busted

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
From the AP:

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska's top receiver is suspected of committing his second alcohol-related offense in 14 months.

Lincoln police ticketed Niles Paul on suspicion of alcohol possession by a minor and urinating in public.

Police spokeswoman Katie Flood said an officer spotted the 20-year-old Paul urinating on a fence at 1:23 a.m. Friday. A preliminary breath test measured Paul's blood alcohol at .104.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said Tuesday in a statement he met with Paul and that the matter "has been addressed and handled internally."

Paul was suspended for the balance of spring practice in April 2009 after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving. Paul was not charged with DUI. He pleaded guilty to reckless driving and being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Hopefully the young man gets things straightened out. Lots of talent that could go to waste. Kind of like a certain CU wide receiver, eh? I guess neither of us can talk smack on this topic in 2010. Maybe it's a good sign. This type of stuff seemed to be happening to both of us a lot back when we were in the top 10 just about every year in the late 80s through the early 2000s.

Wow that's incredible. It's illegal to pee outside in Nebraska? Who would have thunk that? Do the rest of them know?

From the AP:

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska's top receiver is suspected of committing his second alcohol-related offense in 14 months.

Lincoln police ticketed Niles Paul on suspicion of alcohol possession by a minor and urinating in public.

Police spokeswoman Katie Flood said an officer spotted the 20-year-old Paul urinating on a fence at 1:23 a.m. Friday. A preliminary breath test measured Paul's blood alcohol at .104.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said Tuesday in a statement he met with Paul and that the matter "has been addressed and handled internally."

Paul was suspended for the balance of spring practice in April 2009 after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving. Paul was not charged with DUI. He pleaded guilty to reckless driving and being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Hopefully the young man gets things straightened out. Lots of talent that could go to waste. Kind of like a certain CU wide receiver, eh? I guess neither of us can talk smack on this topic in 2010. Maybe it's a good sign. This type of stuff seemed to be happening to both of us a lot back when we were in the top 10 just about every year in the late 80s through the early 2000s.
if simas goes down then so must go Frasier's brother

Maybe we just need a permanent thread on "stupid things that college athletes do to mess up their lives."
Seems like another one every week does something so dumb, somewhere...

I agree. I am sure Bo will make sure that he pays either by being suspended x amount of games, or running him in practices until he drops.

I agree. I am sure Bo will make sure that he pays either by being suspended x amount of games, or running him in practices until he drops.

That'll show him!

I'll never know why it's illegal to piss outside.

MUOWI- minor urinating outdoors while intoxicated.

The PD throws the book at him for that? Bastages. Was he peeing on a cop car? Atleast he had the sense not to be driving.

He'll probably miss the University of Southern Missouri-Roulla Nurses School game. But that will be about it.

Back