What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

We will be debating the timing of the shut downs and re-openings for years. It happened too fast for some, too slow for others. At the end of the day, I have to keep reminding myself that we are in uncharted waters in all this and to expect perfection is unrealistic.

I’m really glad to see CU coming out with a preliminary set of guidelines for the Fall semester. Given the trends, it wouldn’t surprise me to see revisions to those guidelines as we get closer to the beginning of the Fall semester and even into September/October. August is still a long way away. A lot can happen between now and then- both good and bad.

SIAP
1918-pandemic-football-game-andy-mcneil.png

Where's GiA's great grandfather? Oh ... I think i see him now. He's the one in the second row in the upper right hand corner pulling down his mask and enjoying a crisp beverage and "living life." What a great American!

While ironic, again, no one who is supremely confident and/or smug about how football is coming back has come up with a way to deal with this issue.

I don’t think it’s being smug or supremely confident to prepare like the season will be played as normal and make adjustments as necessary. I would hope CU is approaching it in the same way.

I don’t think it’s being smug or supremely confident to prepare like the season will be played as normal and make adjustments as necessary. I would hope CU is approaching it in the same way.
I think that's the job of the ADs and football staffs. I don't see why fans would be acting that way.

Define "team"
I'd say any member of the coaching staff or player on the roster. You could really broaden it to any member of the football staff that is in contact with players or coaches on a daily basis.

But then you get families, etc.

But even using the narrowest of definitions (guys on the roster), it will happen, and no one has an answer for it.

I'd say any member of the coaching staff or player on the roster. You could really broaden it to any member of the football staff that is in contact with players or coaches on a daily basis.

But then you get families, etc.

But even using the narrowest of definitions (guys on the roster), it will happen, and no one has an answer for it.

Look abroad, maybe?

Idk how to feel about it other than being worrisome. Football and basketball, you're gonna have contact, at least basketball in the past. Do they even have enough tests, and how effective are they? I've heard some much ****, Idk what to believe? I want to see competition too, but not at the expense of people's lives. Doesn't matter they're going to do it come hell or high water.

Idk how to feel about it other than being worrisome. Football and basketball, you're gonna have contact, at least basketball in the past. Do they even have enough tests, and how effective are they? I've heard some much ****, Idk what to believe? I want to see competition too, but not at the expense of people's lives. Doesn't matter they're going to do it come hell or high water.

The tests are the key thing IMO. How far can you go and what is justifiable to stage an amateur competition by public institutions?

The tests are the key thing IMO. How far can you go and what is justifiable to stage an amateur competition by public institutions?
Snow put it better than I could, I don't have an answer for it other than what sports generate the most money. That's the first thing that came to mind.

I haven't gone back and read all the posts on this thread, but has the idea been floated to move all fall sports to the spring - football, soccer, volleyball and CC. That would give everyone more time to come up with safe and equitable ways of getting competition started again.

I'm a traditionalist when it come to the timing of sports seasons (I hate that the NBA and NHL complete the playoffs in June and that the Super Bowl takes place in February), but moving the fall sport competitions to the spring would take a lot of the pressure and concerns away - potentially. Basketball perhaps could start playing games in late November/early December.

Football, etc., could perhaps begin "off-season" practices in September/October.

Last edited:
I haven't gone back and read all the posts on this thread, but has the idea been floated to move all fall sports to the spring - football, soccer, volleyball and CC. That would give everyone more time to come up with safe and equitable ways of getting competition started again.

I'm a traditionalist when it come to the timing of sports seasons (I hate that the NBA and NFL complete the playoffs in June and that the Super Bowl takes place in February), but moving the fall sport competitions to the spring would take a lot of the pressure and concerns away - potentially. Basketball perhaps could start playing games in late November/early December.

Football, etc., could perhaps begin "off-season" practices in September/October.
I would also hate it if the Superbowl was in February with the NFL playoffs completed in June.

Back