What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I can't imagine the SEC schools, boosters, and fans standing for no season.

There will have to still be significant numbers of cases and deaths happening for them to even consider it.

The craziest thing I’ve heard so far today on the ol AM radio is the NFL will quarantine and play the entire season at the Greenbrier in WV. And that was on mainstream WFAN radio.

So is it true that Sweden is just going about business, if you are sick you stay in everyone else is as usual?

So is it true that Sweden is just going about business, if you are sick you stay in everyone else is as usual?
no, from the two articles I read.

it sounds like they are asking the general public to maintain distance, and the public is complying. on top of that, they are asking the elderly and those with symptoms to stay home.

to be clear, their approach is "social distance", not "stay at home"

it will be interesting to see how it works.

The craziest thing I’ve heard so far today on the ol AM radio is the NFL will quarantine and play the entire season at the Greenbrier in WV. And that was on mainstream WFAN radio.
The entire NFL will play the entire season at the Greenbrier in WV? What does that mean?

For maybe the first time In my life I agree with the LA Times. It should be called “physical distancing.”

can the Pac12 follow this model and play the season on Alcatraz? the dorm rooms are already there.
There have to be uninhabited islands that could fit a few fields and sheds. The one Tom Hanks was stuck on that time with the friendly volleyball? Oh wait he has Corona though.

Reactions: Val
Let me just say that the idea of moving entire leagues to a single closed location is the absurd fever dream of someone going through intense sports withdrawal.

You want to see guys going full on ape**** on one another? Lock them up in a single location for six months without access to pussy, pot, and their families. Dudes will literally be killing each other.

Plus, injuries - what happens when a team has two QBs get hurt, two PGs, or two goalies? You have to wait for someone to sit in quarantine for 2 weeks before you can bring him in? Kinda defeats the purpose of an "emergency" player, doesn't it?

Let me just say that the idea of moving entire leagues to a single closed location is the absurd fever dream of someone going through intense sports withdrawal.

You want to see guys going full on ape**** on one another? Lock them up in a single location for six months without access to *****, pot, and their families. Dudes will literally be killing each other.

Plus, injuries - what happens when a team has two QBs get hurt, two PGs, or two goalies? You have to wait for someone to sit in quarantine for 2 weeks before you can bring him in? Kinda defeats the purpose of an "emergency" player, doesn't it?
You're right, but it's not really feasible anyway. Even if the logistics can be overcome, guys aren't leaving their families.

You want to see guys going full on ape**** on one another? Lock them up in a single location for six months without access to *****, pot, and their families. Dudes will literally be killing each other.

You mean Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome kinda stuff? Sounds intriguing.

Well, it's better than seeing a dude shoot a J and fall down like he got shot with a bazooka. As far as going ape ****, look how the game used to be, not this toilet paper soft bull****. It was more entertaining, but good luck finding toilet paper. :D

temporary rules change...flag football...with SD.

I could see MAYBE the NBA doing playoffs entirely in Vegas in front of no fans with 5 game series that lasted nine days max. But even that would be hard.

Out of 112 AD's surveyed about three quarters gave a 7 out of 10 or higher on their level of confidence that we'll have a season. Hopefully their optimism will be end up being warranted.

Perhaps if the CDC is correct and the summer causes a slowdown in transmission rates and an effective anti-viral medication, treatment is found - like Tamiflu that can be picked up at the pharmacy and self administered - then perhaps the season will be possible.

I could see MAYBE the NBA doing playoffs entirely in Vegas in front of no fans with 5 game series that lasted nine days max. But even that would be hard.

No one will care if those NBA players cry for a couple of days off...they get paid too well not to do so.

Out of 112 AD's surveyed about three quarters gave a 7 out of 10 or higher on their level of confidence that we'll have a season. Hopefully their optimism will be end up being warranted.

Those conference realignment threads will be epic if we don't get football rolling this fall.

It's somewhat surprising that we haven't had realignment threads rolling lately.

ADs are by nature very optimistic people. It's kind of a basic job requirement. I wouldn't look to them for any substantive hope.

Cancel OOC.

Test all field participants. Monitor temperatures day of event.

Fans can only attend if they have two tickets: one to game and one being an “immunity certificate” indicating a certain level of circulating antibodies via sentinel, surveillance testing.

All fans scanned via thermal temp checks outside stadium in social distancing spacing.

Just an idea or two to play.

Rece Davis is "hopeful and optimistic" that we'll have a season. He's basically saying let's wait and see since this whole situation is very fluid.

I’m far more optimistic and more hopeful than Kirk’s quote there at this point. I just think that’s a little bit premature at this juncture while offering the caveat that there is so much unknown out there. Kirk’s right based on everything I’ve read in terms of medical experts, in terms of the facts. I’m hopeful and optimistic that with so many people working on this that we’re going to have some kind of treatment, some type of break over the next several weeks that will make it far more feasible to have football. At this point, I’m far more optimistic. Might there be adjustments to the schedule? Might things change a little bit in terms of how the business is conducted? Sure.

Back