What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Could a CU move to the 12 Pac be the beginning of the end for Nebraska?

I googled it and every single site that says omaha is #1 references this site: http://www.omahahomesguide.com/

But Omahahomesguide doesn't show where it got that number. All the other show where they got their stats and none have Omaha in the top ten.

But all the lists that I saw were varied. One even had Telluride as number 1.

Developed in 2003 as an image campaign to help residents become more involved and excited about their city, the O! represents a passion for progress and excitement about the future. When ordering a soda in any restaurant in Omaha will earn the patron a soda water. No matter the brand or type, it’s all pop!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow! What a great couple of sentences to link together! I did not tamper with this quote at all. It actually appears on the site--in the opening paragraph--as quoted.

The first sentence suggests that the residents are insufficiently involved and excited about Omaha. The second sentence does a nice job of really outlining the priorities of this cosmopolitan city on the plains which attracts so many millionaires! Whew!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is actually the #1 meth addicted chubby chasing sodapop drinking millionaires per capita in the nation.

My buddy that has a NU owns Colorado license plate, what is he to do when CU moves on to greener pastures and leaves Nebraska in the dust?

My buddy that has a NU owns Colorado license plate, what is he to do when CU moves on to greener pastures and leaves Nebraska in the dust?

Sadly he can change it to "NU owned Colorado". I ****ing hate nebraska.

Omaha has lots of early investors in Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffett); therefore, there are likely lots of millionaires. When that generation dies off (along with Warren), the money will leave to Colorado, where all their kids/heirs live.

Don't flatter yourselves, if you leave you leave, trust us we'll move on just like you'll move on. :rolling_eyes:

Don't flatter yourselves, if you leave you leave, trust us we'll move on just like you'll move on. :rolling_eyes:

bri, translated:

"uh, er, um... i can get LOTS of hawt dates if you leave me! you aren't the only one stepping out! i had this, uh, er, thing... yeah, that's it... with a waitress... no, she was a stripper. in vegas. yeah. and, uh, she was WAY hotter than you are. if you leave me, i don't really care. i'll just go back and give the high hard one to the stripper. her name is, um, violet. yeah. violet. and violet likes it when i put it in her behind, too! so there. oh, and she's a professor at unlv, too. she just strips because she loves it. but, she said she'd quit, just for me.... so, just go. sniff. sniff."

bri, translated:

"uh, er, um... i can get LOTS of hawt dates if you leave me! you aren't the only one stepping out! i had this, uh, er, thing... yeah, that's it... with a waitress... no, she was a stripper. in vegas. yeah. and, uh, she was WAY hotter than you are. if you leave me, i don't really care. i'll just go back and give the high hard one to the stripper. her name is, um, violet. yeah. violet. and violet likes it when i put it in her behind, too! so there. oh, and she's a professor at unlv, too. she just strips because she loves it. but, she said she'd quit, just for me.... so, just go. sniff. sniff."

Good one..........*crickets*

Ummmm, no. You couldn't be more incorrect. Sorry. The vast majority of CU fans hate nebraska because their fans infest our state, constantly reminding us of their presence here. Every two years we have to deal with them stinking up our stadium. If there was no CU/NU game every year, we wouldn't give a damn. Seriously, you give yourself way too much credit. To a man, everybody I talk to about a possible move to the Pac 10 says "well, we'd lose the NU game, but I can live with that".

All the responses prove otherwise. Indifference would be the greatest indicator of NU's "insignificance". We are your carbuncle. Hard to get rid of and just a real pain. I've always wanted to use carbuncle in a conversation.

How do i change my name to Carbuncle? It would make for a great avatar.

All the responses prove otherwise. Indifference would be the greatest indicator of NU's "insignificance". We are your carbuncle. Hard to get rid of and just a real pain. I've always wanted to use carbuncle in a conversation.

You're still here?

This thread is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what happens to Nebraska if CU leaves the BigXII, and I'm sure they'll be fine since they have a very passionate and loyal fan base. The decision of what CU does should be entirely based on what is best for CU and not what effect it has on Nebraska.

This thread is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what happens to Nebraska if CU leaves the BigXII, and I'm sure they'll be fine since they have a very passionate and loyal fan base. The decision of what CU does should be entirely based on what is best for CU and not what effect it has on Nebraska.

Who said anything about leaving the Big 12 to spite Nebraska? This thread is based on pure speculation about what might happen should CU leave. Read a little closer next time. Many of the threads here are purely irrelevant according to your terms so stfu and let people discuss what they wish.

Who said anything about leaving the Big 12 to spite Nebraska? This thread is based on pure speculation about what might happen should CU leave. Read a little closer next time. Many of the threads here are purely irrelevant according to your terms so stfu and let people discuss what they wish.

So, I try to point out to a riled up bugeater that I, as a Buff fan, really don't care what happens to Nebraska if CU jumps to the 12Pac and you come and smack me down. Of course this thread is pure speculation and people can discuss what they wish. I was just throwing my $.02 in. Grab another beer and relax.

I think :rip:cornholio:rip: will be just fine. What will be entertaining is how loud the local cornholers will scream when there is no big 12 presence in the state and the 12Pack national games get priority over Big 12 or :rip:cornholio:rip: non-conference games.

I think :rip:cornholio:rip: will be just fine. What will be entertaining is how loud the local cornholers will scream when there is no big 12 presence in the state and the 12Pack national games get priority over Big 12 or :rip:cornholio:rip: non-conference games.

That would be what is called the gravy.

This is why CSU will be given serious consideration in the Big 12 if CU leaves. Just a hunch, but I don't think it's all that far fetched an idea.

This is why CSU will be given serious consideration in the Big 12 if CU leaves. Just a hunch, but I don't think it's all that far fetched an idea.
It will be very tough for CSU and a contingent of misplaced inbred fools to sway the vote of 4 Texas schools. Like you, I expect them to put up a fight.

The addition of CSU to the Big 12 would allow the Big 12 to keep a portion of the Denver TV market. Regardless of their fanbase, facilities, admin support, alumni support, on field success or any other measurable benchmark, the fact that CSU can probably deliver a piece of the Denver TV market makes them #1 on the Big 12's expansion list, IMO, if CU does leave.

That's actually an interesting point. Colorado is a destination state for a lot of people living in the heartland. Becoming a Pac 12 state, it makes for a fundamental change in sports programming and geographic focus. In the short term, I doubt it makes much difference. But long term, the kids of transplants will grow up with a west, not midwest, sports focus.

This is already true for professional sports. The Rockies are in the NL West for MLB. The Nuggets are in the Western Conference (Northwest Division) for the NBA. The Broncos are in the AFC West for the NFL The Avs are in the Western Conference (Northwest Division) for the NHL. The Rapids are in the Western Conference for the MLS (Kansas City is in the East). The Mammoth are in the Western Division for the NLL.

On the collegiate level, the other D1 programs in the state are pretty much West-focused. AFA and CSU are in the Mountain West (geography is in the name). UNC is in the Big Sky (Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona, Weber State [Utah], Montana, Montana State, Idaho State, Sacramento State, Portland State, Eastern Washington). DU is currently stuck in the Sun Belt, which makes no sense, but is rumored to be a main target for the West Coast Conference (Santa Clara, San Diego, St. Mary's, Gonzaga, San Francisco, Portland, Pepperdine, and Loyola-Marymount -- Seattle is the other program that may join).

Basically, everything about the Colorado sports landscape is West-focused already. CU is currently a cultural fish out of water and I believe it hurts the in-state following of the team. Either fans don't identify with the Big 12 states and culture... or they identify too strongly and don't have any impetus to adopt the home team when they move here because they get to see all the games and get local media reports of their old team. I really believe a move to the Pac will have some unexpected benefits we hadn't considered.

Some interesting points, Buffnik.

Just to add on that, CU is where it is because of its strong history with the Big Eight. When they joined that conference, Colorado and Denver was a lot different. Especially on the east side of the front range, everything was more of a Great Plains feel. But way back then, there wasn't really pro sports and the others schools were in God knows what, so at the time it wasn't weird for CU to be in a midwest conference, because CU had played some of the Big Eight schools forever. Plus, that time was before easy and quick flights. The Rockies were a giant fence back then. But not now. With the travel and technological increases, not to mention the population more west-focused, it's all just come together and now CU being in that same grouping just seems odd. And while being in the Pac-12 wouldn't make perfect sense, it does when you give it a minute and that's why I think it'll happen very quickly.

Back