What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Could the B1G really go winless in bowls?

somebody

Probably not, but it's not that far-fetched and would be pretty entertaining.

K-State 31 Michigan 14
Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17
Nebraska v #22 Georgia
Iowa v #16 LSU
#19 Wisconsin v #9 S Carolina
#4 Michigan St v #5 Stanford
#7 Ohio St v #12 Clemson

Wisconsin and Michigan State their best hopes...and those don't look good especially with Michigan State suspending Bullough

Is it my imagination (I didn't watch that particular game), but was yesterday's victory v. Rutgers Notre Dame's first bowl victory in 87 attempts?

They won the Sun Bowl 2 or 3 years ago and that broke a long bowl winless streak they had, something like 10 straight bowl losses which is the record. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

They won the Sun Bowl 2 or 3 years ago and that broke a long bowl winless streak they had, something like 10 straight bowl losses which is the record. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Maybe. But I was speaking more broadly to their trend of losing bowl games, which is the result of two (at least) factors, in my opinion:

1. They are typically overrated, for whatever reason. They just seem to get a lot of love in the polls.

2. Bowl selection committees like their national fanbase and often bypass more worthy teams to extend an invite to the Irish. I'm thinking of the Fiesta bowl against CU in the mid-90s and again against OSU (Beavers) in the early 2000s, both in which Notre Dame was (predictably) demolished.

Maybe. But I was speaking more broadly to their trend of losing bowl games, which is the result of two (at least) factors, in my opinion:

1. They are typically overrated, for whatever reason. They just seem to get a lot of love in the polls.

2. Bowl selection committees like their national fanbase and often bypass more worthy teams to extend an invite to the Irish. I'm thinking of the Fiesta bowl against CU in the mid-90s and again against OSU (Beavers) in the early 2000s, both in which Notre Dame was (predictably) demolished.
I thing I severely dislike about the bowls is how they'll pick teams with better fanbases and bigger brand teams over ones who deserve it. I get why they do it, but there's no other sport where off-field/past success is so crucial.

I remember in Ralph Friedgen's second year I believe when the Terps went to the Peach Bowl, he wrote a letter to season ticket holders on how crucial it was that they buy tickets and worse case scenario, donate them since reputation is important.

Back