What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cowboys - Cyclones is getting interesting

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Ah yes, the "loyal" ISU fan that comes out of the woodwork after they beat the 10-0 team. I'm done, it's hopeless to even try enlightening you
So other than this game, what chance would I have had to have something to cheer for ISU and what other threads could I have done so in?

So other than this game, what chance would I have had to have something to cheer for ISU and what other threads could I have done so in?

The point is being a "fan" of 7 teams is ****ing hilarious and only something that either a douchebag or a mental midget would do. You go to CU (...), be a fan of CU. It doesn't matter that your uncle took a dump in a rest stop near Tuscaloosa once while driving through Alabama. You're obviously too thick to understand the absurdity of coming out of the woodwork as a diehard Cyclone fan, your seventh team, after they beat a 10-0 opponent. Not to mention the basic ridiculousness of being 'that guy' who tries to tout "connections" to universities in states he's never even come close to visiting. End of story.

The point is being a "fan" of 7 teams is ****ing hilarious and only something that either a douchebag or a mental midget would do. You go to CU (...), be a fan of CU. It doesn't matter that your uncle took a dump in a rest stop near Tuscaloosa once while driving through Alabama. You're obviously too thick to understand the absurdity of coming out of the woodwork as a diehard Cyclone fan, your seventh team, after they beat a 10-0 opponent. Not to mention the basic ridiculousness of being 'that guy' who tries to tout "connections" to universities in states he's never even come close to visiting. End of story.
Seven teams? Who are the other three? And I'm not a CU fan? Okay then, guess you know best.

So how did the goal post survive? I didn't see any cops protecting it. Usually that is the first thing to go.

Take notes CU students, that is a good time to rush a field.

'tini does not have a monogamous football relationship. He just doesn't want to settle down yet. I see nothing wrong with this, more power to you.

Paul Rhodes might be the best coach in the Big 12. He's won @NU and @UT (yes, they sucked, but it was early in the season) and has kept them competitive in most games. Give this guy a team with superior talent and I bet he'd hardly lose a game. I'm not an ISU fan, but he's the type of coach you'd want to run through a brick wall for.
Agree 100%

you make it sound like you are embarrassed to root for them.... which would negate the fact that you are a fan....

Maybe if you approched your "other" teams this way....

you may be a fan of these other teams.... like I am of Michigan because of my wife, Pittsburgh of my brother, and Villanova of my dad.....

I will root for them while they are playing..... but I am not going to go spout off on a message board about how great of a fan I am.... even when one of my "teams" knocks off the number 2 team in the country....

I don't know why you are giving tini such a hard time. I like other team. For example I am a huge Auburn fan, but I am starting to lean toward LSU (not quite sure about that one yet). For basketball I used to like Duke, but now I like Uconn, which is funny because I used to like Uconn for women's basketball but now A&M are my girls.

Moving to pro-sport for football I am a die hard Packer fan, love me some Cardinals in baseball and I think everyone knows how long I have been a Mavericks and Bruins fan. The only local team I cheer for is Rapids, but when it comes to FIFA soccer I am a Spain fan on the mens side (go Spaniards) and Japan on the womens side (I know asian fetish guilty).

I don't know why you are giving tini such a hard time. I like other team. For example I am a huge Auburn fan, but I am starting to lean toward LSU (not quite sure about that one yet). For basketball I used to like Duke, but now I like Uconn, which is funny because I used to like Uconn for women's basketball but now A&M are my girls.

Moving to pro-sport for football I am a die hard Packer fan, love me some Cardinals in baseball and I think everyone knows how long I have been a Mavericks and Bruins fan. The only local team I cheer for is Rapids, but when it comes to FIFA soccer I am a Spain fan on the mens side (go Spaniards) and Japan on the womens side (I know asian fetish guilty).

Nobody likes you either.

:lol:

Whole situation is getting interesting and Oregon should be in the drivers seat.

The Bama' fans like Charlie will scream but you shouldn't get a shot at the NC if you don't win your league, much less your division. There is also a human factor involved and I'm sure the TV people are just thrilled about the idea of having a rematch of LSU-Bama, the ratings will be great as long as there isn't a Hee Haw or Beverly Hillbilly's reunion show on opposite. I know that this is hard for some people to understand but the whole world doesn't want to see Bama' on again. The first game was a great defensive battle which translates for a lot of fans into boring.

Oregon lost by a bigger margin to LSU but it was the first game of the season and Oregon is a fun team to watch. Oklahoma will make a claim but their SOS hurts them, they really needed for Okie State to come in undefeated.

The other big hitch in the whole works is what happens if Arkansas plays the game of their lives and beats LSU in the season final?

Whole situation is getting interesting and Oregon should be in the drivers seat.

The Bama' fans like Charlie will scream but you shouldn't get a shot at the NC if you don't win your league, much less your division. There is also a human factor involved and I'm sure the TV people are just thrilled about the idea of having a rematch of LSU-Bama, the ratings will be great as long as there isn't a Hee Haw or Beverly Hillbilly's reunion show on opposite. I know that this is hard for some people to understand but the whole world doesn't want to see Bama' on again. The first game was a great defensive battle which translates for a lot of fans into boring.

Oregon lost by a bigger margin to LSU but it was the first game of the season and Oregon is a fun team to watch. Oklahoma will make a claim but their SOS hurts them, they really needed for Okie State to come in undefeated.

The other big hitch in the whole works is what happens if Arkansas plays the game of their lives and beats LSU in the season final?

I think Texas has a strong argument too. Also, the game should be played at JerrahWorld.

I think Texas has a strong argument too. Also, the game should be played at JerrahWorld.

Hey, the Horns' fans are just as unbiased as the Bama' fans are and just as objective. Ask them and they shouldn't even have to play the season (except as a bunch of warm-up games that don't count.) They got the stadium, they got the bright lights and the dancin' girls, they got the money, and dog gone it they're Texas. Just schedule the NC game every year in JerrahWorld and whoever is ranked the highest can come play the Horns' fer the trophy.

And by the way, no need to bother with all that season stuff and rankings, just send the Husker's every year as the opponent cuz they're so dadgummed classy and they are after all Nebraska.

I have to say that was fun to watch. I was not there but as I was leaving Ames after class yesterday people already had the rvs fired up and were tailgating. I made a comment to my self that its going be be a fun night in Ames. Was not expecting a win but I thought the clones could keep it close.

Sitting in the local breakfast place and that game is all anyone is talking about.

you make it sound like you are embarrassed to root for them.... which would negate the fact that you are a fan....

Maybe if you approched your "other" teams this way....

you may be a fan of these other teams.... like I am of Michigan because of my wife, Pittsburgh of my brother, and Villanova of my dad.....

I will root for them while they are playing..... but I am not going to go spout off on a message board about how great of a fan I am.... even when one of my "teams" knocks off the number 2 team in the country....

I'm not embarrassed but ISU doesn't give you many times to cheer.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

or watch LSU lose in CCG with Bama and Oregon winning out and both make the BCS title game while LSU goes to the Sugar Bowl despite beating both of those schools.

Not even close dude.
It's not on the same level obviously but avoiding going winless at home in Folsom history, winning our first Pac 12 game, and sending the seniors out winners at home is a good reason, less than ISU yes but still solid.

It's not on the same level obviously but avoiding going winless at home in Folsom history, winning our first Pac 12 game, and sending the seniors out winners at home is a good reason, less than ISU yes but still solid.

We beat a 2-win team that has an interim head coach, tini.

I'm fine with the students coming onto the field on Senior Day, but not storming the field. Especially when there wasn't even any tension or doubt at the end of the game.

Back