What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crap, now what?

Should we continue the CU of the 2000's and have a short QB? If so, I got QB. I can only throw left handed though.

Just spitballin here.

Toledo on a Thursday night?

Drake intramural team?

Montana State or Sacramento State?

Give CSU or Arkansas State a second bite of the apple

Post an offer on Craig's List and eBay.

I was hoping this typo would end after we actually played the game.

I could be wrong but I can't imagine a charter plane and hotel cost would be anywhere near that. What did we pay CAU? I'm sure they took a charter flight to Denver and I doubt they would've made the trip just to break even.

If the cost were anywhere near that there is no way that FCS football would exist in the manner it does. Teams in the Big Sky fly in to play UNC in Greeley and they play in front of less than 10,000 fans.

Some quick calculating they have gambling charters from mid-west cities like Minneapolis and Detroit to Vegas for under $200 per seat. Assume 120 seats that flight is generating $24,000 in revenue for the charter company. Double that for the cost of getting an empty plane to the schools city from it's home base and you are still under $50,000. Add 60 hotel rooms for a night at a high estimate of $100 each and you have another $6000. Figure again high $100 food for a traveling party of 120 and you add another $12,000. Buses to and from airports at a high estimate of $10,000 and you have about $76,000. For a program with a struggling budget a payout of $300,000 would mean you make over $200,000 and that fee would be for an FCS school that would have a smaller travelling party and make more. An FBS team could demand a higher fee and make more money.

A game has been scheduled for October 19th. I do not know who yet, but the AD has contacted the band who has in turn contacted the students. I will let you all know if I get more information.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what is commonly referred to as SCOOOOP.

rep.

A game has been scheduled for October 19th. I do not know who yet, but the AD has contacted the band who has in turn contacted the students. I will let you all know if I get more information.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

The band would not be notified and the students would not be instructed to cancel all weekend plans due to a performance if the game was up in the air. The details may still be being ironed out, but we have a game

So Ringo is just refreshing this thread. Got it.

As usual, Ringo is on top of things. I don't know about the rest of you, but I got the impression we were going to play that day after Coach Mac made the "10 games in a row" comment.....

Back