What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crap, now what?

Please be Stetson, please be Stetson, please be Stetson...

The best part is, Rick George enlisted Mike Bohn's help in scheduling a replacement game and he got us a 2-for-1 with Stetson. In 2015 and 2016 we will be traveling to Florida and playing Thursday games. You're welcome.

The best part is, Rick George enlisted Mike Bohn's help in scheduling a replacement game and he got us a 2-for-1 with Stetson. In 2015 and 2016 we will be traveling to Florida and playing Thursday games. You're welcome.

double AllBuffs tailgate in DeLand. All the low country boil and smoked mullet you can eat.

Mike Rohn agrees.

Fort ****ing Lewis?
That is a cool place-in Durango. I remember traveling to Durango with a buddy a loooong time ago and going to check out the college. In fact, my visit to Ft. Lewis is what inspired me to apply to a Ph.D. at CU. I was like is it for real that you could be a prof at a uni like that and hang out in the mountains. Sign me up!

Truth be told, I didn't realize they actually had a football team though!

So who the F*K are we going to play. Hendo has a post quoting the NCAA that we will probably need to seek a waiver to get someone to play us and that is not going to be easy b/c everyone has their schedules in stone for several years and want their bye weeks.

Uhh bro, I was born in Durango and live about 20 minutes from there lol. They are D2 tho, pretty sure their coach is that crazy bastard from Arkansas last year lol, not positive on that. Believe Barnett was there at one time as well. It is a cool little town tho, I spend quite a bit of time there.

Uhh bro, I was born in Durango and live about 20 minutes from there lol. They are D2 tho, pretty sure their coach is that crazy bastard from Arkansas last year lol, not positive on that. Believe Barnett was there at one time as well. It is a cool little town tho, I spend quite a bit of time there.

Crap. I totally forgot John L. Smith was coaching down there.

They probably wouldn't want to give CU a game anyway, after CU stole Barnett from them back in the day... :lol:

So now we are suggesting Division II Schools.....how about Colorado College then...they are Division III....or a JUCO in Garden City CC

I agree but I thought I read somewhere that SDSU had already declined.

I think SDSU makes more sense. They very well could have declined, then said by the way if you want to raise the price a little we might be interested in listening again. SDSU made some big plans based on the idea that they would be recieving a bunch of money from a Big East TV contract. That obviously didn't work out and as usual they aren't making it up on attendance.

It is possible that they have decided that they don't want to play but it would be awfully hard for them to turn down a chance to make some significant money.

If college football is indeed a business than we will play a 12th game.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

I agree but I thought I read somewhere that SDSU had already declined.

Negotiating ploy. They've got their number. We tried to get Hawaii for a lot less. Failed. Now it's a matter of getting that SDSU deal done without having to go all the way to what they want.

Negotiating ploy. They've got their number. We tried to get Hawaii for a lot less. Failed. Now it's a matter of getting that SDSU deal done without having to go all the way to what they want.

I'd like to know where the heck the giving, charitable spirit is here? We are in a big financial bind due to a natural disaster and SDSU is trying to suck us dry. Wish we could tell them to go f****ing pound sand if that is what they are trying to do! I know its a business but I'm sure what we already offered was fair.

I'd like to know where the heck the giving, charitable spirit is here? We are in a big financial bind due to a natural disaster and SDSU is trying to suck us dry. Wish we could tell them to go f****ing pound sand if that is what they are trying to do! I know its a business but I'm sure what we already offered was fair.

Getting the game for a little less than the payday figure they want and then pouding them into the sand and out of football relevance for another decade until they find the next one of Marshall Faulk's kids will suffice. Let's get it Mr. George! We're paying him to be a closer, and I have confidence he can close something to our satisfaction soon.

With the fat TV contracts and megamillions the likes of UT make the cost to schedule an OOC game is going to skyrocket in the upcoming years as the top teams are going to want to feast on the lesser teams and the lesser teams will want some of that payday. Hopefully RG is a better negotiator than Bohn. We made some really ****ty deals under him.

Back