What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crap, now what?

Getting the game for a little less than the payday figure they want and then pouding them into the sand and out of football relevance for another decade until they find the next one of Marshall Faulk's kids will suffice. Let's get it Mr. George! We're paying him to be a closer, and I have confidence he can close something to our satisfaction soon.

The fact that Buff fans are even talking smack like this again is refreshing... maybe a year or three premature, but refreshing.

Last edited:
The fact that Buff fans are even talking smack like this again is refreshing... maybe a year or three premature, but refreshing.

Rocky Long is looking like Chuck Long this year. I like our chances. Also they use gimmicky position names on their depth chart like "Aztec" and "Warrior" instead of "safety" and "safety."

Torero, am I running smack properly here?

Hypothetically speaking, does anyone know if there is a rule preventing CU from scheduling CSU (again) on 10/19? I know teams can play each other twice in a season thanks to postseason games, but what about the regular season? CSU is eligible for a 13th game. Just spitballin'.

Hypothetically speaking, does anyone know if there is a rule preventing CU from scheduling CSU (again) on 10/19? I know teams can play each other twice in a season thanks to postseason games, but what about the regular season? CSU is eligible for a 13th game. Just spitballin'.

Burn with fire, bury it, then nuke it.

Don't see CSU happening, or any big name program like Nebraska or Penn State. Not enough in it for those big programs and probably even less likely NCAA would give a waiver to a team like that.

Again I am convinced we will sign someone ASAP but probably a lower tier program (FCS or D2). Too much $ in it for CU and the lower level teams to pass up. Someone has to bite.

They play 13 games already.

They play 13 games already.
d00a10e143be8eb55577ed3a2ea77c92.png

Rocky Long is looking like Chuck Long this year. I like our chances. Also they use gimmicky position names on their depth chart like "Aztec" and "Warrior" instead of "safety" and "safety."

Torero, am I running smack properly here?

My smack usually relates to their high STD rate. And that Tony Gwynn is fat. And Steve Fisher is old. I don't even know who their football coach is since Hoke left. Sorry, I'm not very good at smack talking.

Sounds like this CU vs SJSU is gaining some traction? I sure hope this does not happen. Not fair to our new Coach and not fair to the players at SJSU. If a higher up in our administration makes the decision to play, that will suck big time. It could cause a rif between the admin and MMAC, we DO NOT need that. I would rather stick with another bye week.

All kidding aside, is there a way for CU to file for a disaster relief to make up for lost revenue due to a natural disaster or some kind of insurance for when games are cancelled?

MikeMac already made a public statement that he wants nothing to do with a game against SJSU. If that game gets scheduled, I'll be shocked. And pissed.

Sounds like this CU vs SJSU is gaining some traction? I sure hope this does not happen. Not fair to our new Coach and not fair to the players at SJSU. If a higher up in our administration makes the decision to play, that will suck big time. It could cause a rif between the admin and MMAC, we DO NOT need that. I would rather stick with another bye week.

All kidding aside, is there a way for CU to file for a disaster relief to make up for lost revenue due to a natural disaster or some kind of insurance for when games are cancelled?
Where is the sarcasm font when you need it? I would have never guessed the first paragraph was tongue in cheek, even while believing you had some issues thinking it was that big of a deal.

MikeMac already made a public statement that he wants nothing to do with a game against SJSU. If that game gets scheduled, I'll be shocked. And pissed.

I won't be. I think we can all say we want to play an FBS opponent if possible. George has already exhausted 3 of the 4 main options (getting UNLV to move their game with Fresno, San Diego State, and Hawaii). I'd assume he's had a conversation with MikeMac on this, and MM's statement yesterday was him being smart. Everybody involved here wants an FBS opponent, and if they are the only thing that prevents another FCS team from coming here, I don't see why we can't play them.

I won't be. I think we can all say we want to play an FBS opponent if possible. George has already exhausted 3 of the 4 main options (getting UNLV to move their game with Fresno, San Diego State, and Hawaii). I'd assume he's had a conversation with MikeMac on this, and MM's statement yesterday was him being smart. Everybody involved here wants an FBS opponent, and if they are the only thing that prevents another FCS team from coming here, I don't see why we can't play them.

MikeMac is too smart to make those public statements if a game with SJSU is a possibility. I have to think that he knows we are playing someone else so he felt comfortable saying that.

MikeMac is too smart to make those public statements if a game with SJSU is a possibility. I have to think that he knows we are playing someone else so he felt comfortable saying that.

Agree, but I think he's talking to his old team with that......Kind of a hey, this wasn't my doing type of thing....bla bla bla....

I don't like the idea of playing SJSU. That's taking a bad situation and making it worse, IMO. Just go find a FCS school.

I don't like the idea of playing SJSU. That's taking a bad situation and making it worse, IMO. Just go find a FCS school.

I don't like the idea at all either. But I assume the NCAA won't grant a bowl waiver unless all the possible FBS teams officially turn us down.

I don't like the idea at all either. But I assume the NCAA won't grant a bowl waiver unless all the possible FBS teams officially turn us down.

A Bowl waiver is the last thing we need to be worrying about at this point.

A Bowl waiver is the last thing we need to be worrying about at this point.
+1
Let's get anyone scheduled so our players get 12 games in, so we make some extra $ we need, so PRich can give a go at breaking some records, etc.

Chances are still low we even get to 6 wins. If we somehow do, we'll worry about it when the time comes. And as I said in another thread, if we don't get a waiver, that will give our team some extra ammunition next year to prove they are worthy like Tad's 1st team experienced.

We won 1 game last year. We need every damn live minute possible to grow as a team and to improve. An extra W is icing on the cake. That will help us in recruiting, help us going on towards 2014, and as others have posted - help PRich try to smash some records. If we somehow get to 6 wins, then I will be happy to do some handwringing in anticipation of the NCAA f***ing us over. We have a long way to go to get to that point though.

Much easier to to recruit when there are W's on the schedule! Doesn't matter who they are against at this point as long as we are competitive in all of our games - Macintyre can point to the results and
show progress!

Whatever we do, we need to do it soon. They've already announced the start times for the games the week prior. If it's going to happen, it needs to be done now.

Back