What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crap, now what?

+1
Let's get anyone scheduled so our players get 12 games in, so we make some extra $ we need, so PRich can give a go at breaking some records, etc.

Chances are still low we even get to 6 wins. If we somehow do, we'll worry about it when the time comes. And as I said in another thread, if we don't get a waiver, that will give our team some extra ammunition next year to prove they are worthy like Tad's 1st team experienced.

I agree with all this. I just get the feeling that the AD is making an effort to preserve the petition arguments, at a minimum, by being methodical and working it through. And it could be where some of the sj state stuff is coming from, we may have had to contact them if we are going to have a petition argument later.

One of the many sucky things about all this is that this is valuable time in his important first ~90 days on the job where he should be working on the strategic plan, his organization, and fundraising. Instead of running around trying to plug a schedule hole and planning an NCAA petition. And, if we end up with an additional budget shortfall due to another FCS team, I bet de stefano still complains the game wasn't just rescheduled like he instructed.

Until we win on Saturday, then we can openly discuss this topic
:bronzecup:

Sackman-I agree with you to an extent. I think scheduling an FCS opponent with no waiver to go with it would send the team a bad message, just like agreeing to play Fresno 12/7 and calling this good would (Are we going to get to the Pac 12 championship? Probably not. What kind of message does doing that send the team, though?) The waiver/FBS opponent sends the right message to the kids.

Does Adams from the DC know something we don't? New article about the Oregon State game and our potential bowl eligibility. Here is a quote from the article:

and the to-be-announced 12th regular-season opponent (let's assume it's a California State school)

He may just be guessing like the rest of us but it is true that the most likely opponents could be SDSU or SJSU (obviously the latter is controversial).

I think they wait until Sunday to finalize something. If we beat OSU then they pay more money to lure Hawaii or SDSU. If we lose, they pay less and get a FCS team. Bowl game won't matter if we lose this weekend. If we win, they have to take the shot for eligibility.

I think they wait until Sunday to finalize something. If we beat OSU then they pay more money to lure Hawaii or SDSU. If we lose, they pay less and get a FCS team. Bowl game won't matter if we lose this weekend. If we win, they have to take the shot for eligibility.

Hawaii turned us down because they didn't want the players travelling that much. It was going to end up being a 7-road game season. They didn't want that. Hard to blame them. I don't think they were holding out for more money.

I also think they need to get this done prior to Sunday. Win or lose on Saturday, we need that 12th game if it can be done. The longer we wait, the less likely it is to get done. This needs to happen like yesterday.

I'm so focused on this 12th game that I'm having trouble thinking about Oregon State. Good thing that my mental state has zero impact on whether the team wins or loses. Now , the configuration of people sitting on my couch, what beer I drink and what Buffs gear I wear... that's a different story.

I'm so focused on this 12th game that I'm having trouble thinking about Oregon State. Good thing that my mental state has zero impact on whether the team wins or loses. Now , the configuration of people sitting on my couch, what beer I drink and what Buffs gear I wear... that's a different story.

It almost feels weird that we finally have a game this weekend. Beer/clothing/butt cheek location are a vastly underrated variable in CU Football enjoyment.

I agree-it is super distracting to us fans. I wonder if it is distracting to our team too. HCMM is good at keeping them focused on the task at hand but it must be on some of their minds. At this point it would be great to get AD confirmation that a game will be played on Oct. 19th (or whatever date) even if they can't announce the team name yet.

strange... right now I'm excited for this game and the CU bball opener against Bailer. I think I'm more pumped for the Bailer game.

If you think they have options like that you are wrong. CU needs to grab a deal if it comes available. Remember we are going hat in hand to these programs and asking them to add a game at the last minute. Do you think the coach at any program is going to want to play an additional road game? So you are going to have to negotiate hard. If I was the SJSU or SDSU coach I would be lobbying hard against it. Hawaii has already said no.

I read somewhere Tulane is under consideration for a Dec. slot. Kind of surprising. In the end I only care about us getting a 12th game and ideally a winnable one. The advantage of a Dec. game is it still gives us a break in the middle of our Pac 12 schedule and could be treated like a mini-bowl game/championship game by the staff.

They need to schedule an opponent ASAP if we're talking October 19th. This should be done already. I don't at all like the idea of scheduling SJSU. I can't believe they haven't announced anything yet, they don't have the luxury of taking their time. Just schedule an FCS school - there's plenty of teams available for 10/19 and we won't have to pay an FCS school as much.

Chill out...because they haven't announced it doesn't mean it hasn't been agreed to and they are just working on the logistics

I read somewhere Tulane is under consideration for a Dec. slot. Kind of surprising. In the end I only care about us getting a 12th game and ideally a winnable one. The advantage of a Dec. game is it still gives us a break in the middle of our Pac 12 schedule and could be treated like a mini-bowl game/championship game by the staff.

That possibility was given some credence today by patr on the Rivals board.

had 93.7 sports talk on while driving home- they were talking about CU football and mentioned SJSU as an opponent as if they knew something...
asked if "SDSU was official yet ?"

That's surprising because Tulane has a 12 game schedule already. Not making the prediction, but conference usa is pretty weak and Tulane could (better chance than we have of making the Pac-12 championship) make it to the championship game. I wouldn't bet on it. These are my two favorite teams, of course go buffs. I often wondered last year who would have won between the two. I don't think there were two more dysfunctional teams in all of football.

I watched a little of a Tulane game this year. Their HC spends all his time cussing out his assistants. Easy W

Anyone else as surprised as I am that there is no news about a new team yet? I was sure by the OSU game we'd know something.

I am not finding any rumors online either. We can only hope it has been secured but not made official yet.

Back