What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crawley

Wouldn't shock me to see Crawley transfer to Maryland. Sit out the final ACC season and then play in the B1G in '14.

I really don't understand the guys from this years team that would want to transfer because Embree was fired. I know we all could be reading into this but even so. If a guy that played on an Embree coached team is that hell bent on leaving then I say don't let the door hit you in the keister on the way out. Because a player that can't recognize how terrible a coaching job that staff did is not a player we need. Those players, young and vet were not put in positions to succeed and the play on the field week after week exhibited that. So these guys should welcome a new staff that knows what they are doing. I would be excited as hell even if Embree recruited me.

No need to trash the kid, he can make any decision he wants. He earned his PT, hope he stays, but also wish him the best of luck if he decides to leave.

No need to trash the kid, he can make any decision he wants. He earned his PT, hope he stays, but also wish him the best of luck if he decides to leave.
Who's trashing him? Admit it. You are making **** up, right?

Last edited:

Watching this staff put Webb behind center week after week makes me wonder on the earning playing time comment.

Time to get this cancer off the team. I'm ok with it, it just sucks we gave him so much PT and others suffered (Hall, Yuri, Moten etc). This will be really bad if others leave

Whether he transfers or not, he's an 18 year-old kid trying to play where he feels comfortable. I hope he doesn't transfer, but even if he does, we should all just hope for the best for him. Calling him, or anyone of these kids a cancer is disgusting.

I really don't understand the guys from this years team that would want to transfer because Embree was fired. I know we all could be reading into this but even so. If a guy that played on an Embree coached team is that hell bent on leaving then I say don't let the door hit you in the keister on the way out. Because a player that can't recognize how terrible a coaching job that staff did is not a player we need. Those players, young and vet were not put in positions to succeed and the play on the field week after week exhibited that. So these guys should welcome a new staff that knows what they are doing. I would be excited as hell even if Embree recruited me.

I understand what you're saying, but those coaches recruit with a vision and a story about how the future of the player will go at CU. They buy into everything a coach is and there are a decent amount of players that choose the coach as a higher priority than the school. So it makes sense that some feel like everything they hoped for just got pulled out from under them.

That being said I'm hoping they can see that things will be better with Embree gone.

I can see why these young players would be nervous. If I'd constantly been told that I was the man, that I was the future of the program, that I was given playing time over older players who were more prepared to perform on Saturdays... I'd be scared to death that the same thing could happen to me with a new coach bringing in "his guys". When you're on a team that went 1-11, playing time is really your main motivation for being here. And, if we remember, playing time was the main sales pitch on the recruiting trail the past couple years. "You'll play as a true freshman in the Pac-12 and have a great shot to make the NFL."

and if they don't want to be Buffs then CU... If you are a Buff, I will be rooting for as much as any Buff in the past

GO BUFFS !

Whether he transfers or not, he's an 18 year-old kid trying to play where he feels comfortable. I hope he doesn't transfer, but even if he does, we should all just hope for the best for him. Calling him, or anyone of these kids a cancer is disgusting.
Agreed. These guys are trying to find their way.

I can see why these young players would be nervous. If I'd constantly been told that I was the man, that I was the future of the program, that I was given playing time over older players who were more prepared to perform on Saturdays... I'd be scared to death that the same thing could happen to me with a new coach bringing in "his guys". When you're on a team that went 1-11, playing time is really your main motivation for being here. And, if we remember, playing time was the main sales pitch on the recruiting trail the past couple years. "You'll play as a true freshman in the Pac-12 and have a great shot to make the NFL."
i don't see the playing time thing changing much. It'll be at least two years before the new staff's recruits are ready. HCMM will rely heavily on the kids he is inheriting.

i don't see the playing time thing changing much. It'll be at least two years before the new staff's recruits are ready. HCMM will rely heavily on the kids he is inheriting.

I agree. I'm just trying to figure out what they may be thinking.

Let's keep in mind Crawley wanted out mid-season even before the coaches got the axe, but was talked back into the fold. This just ads even more turmoil to his plate, I could see wanting to be closer to home.

I wish you could substantiate whether or not the substance of that rumor was or was not substantially substantiated.

Here you go. He quit the team, and then missed one game (with about 2-3 games left). He came back after that. He was gone. Homesick, adjustment issues, upset at losing, etc. Embree was definitely one of the things keeping him here.

Here you go. He quit the team, and then missed one game (with about 2-3 games left). He came back after that. He was gone. Homesick, adjustment issues, upset at losing, etc. Embree was definitely one of the things keeping him here.
Can you substantiate that?

other than the fact Malcom is the guy who reportedly talked him back on this is the story as i know it.

Can you substantiate that?

What would you like as substance?

The one decent source i have, the same that told me these coaches would never start Wood (and who did so months before Webb arrived), gave me this same information. Add to that fact it has been loosely corroborated by: AZ, Adam, Nik, and Reed Marks and you have a lot of smoke.

Back