What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU AD Fired?

Really? Deputy AD from a lower end school seems pretty average type of hire to me.I liked the Jack Graham hire better, simply because I felt that guy was going to do anything to win (and he did).
The AD knows they take a back seat to Tony Frank. Weird dynamic.

I heard the MWC was only getting two in, SDSU and Boise. Wyoming just got lucky. There was never going to be a third team.

Brought to you by Howdy Dong

Really? Deputy AD from a lower end school seems pretty average type of hire to me.

I liked the Jack Graham hire better, simply because I felt that guy was going to do anything to win (and he did).
I thought he was the deputy AD at Oklahoma and another major University? They weren't getting a big name or someone already at a big School, so for them, yes, I think this is a pretty good hire.

Of course, as mentioned before, this is more of a yes man kind of hire anyways.

I thought he was the deputy AD at Oklahoma and another major University? They weren't getting a big name or someone already at a big School, so for them, yes, I think this is a pretty good hire.

Of course, as mentioned before, this is more of a yes man kind of hire anyways.

No, Director of "Development, i.e. fund-raising, dialing-for-dollars, except at OU its dialing for thousands of dollars among the noveau oil rich. Big deal! (Hey!"Joe Bob, we'uns'll put a picher of yer wife AND yer huntin' dawg in the AD ladies room.... iff'n y'all will do-nate $25,000 a year from them oil royalties, to the Football uniform support Fund."...Joe Bob: "My dawg too? Damn! Where do I sign up?")

An up and comer from a mid-major would have been a better choice, if you wanted a dynamic guy to head up the attempt to get to P5 status. Franks wants a butt-boy.

Last edited:
I heard the MWC was only getting two in, SDSU and Boise. Wyoming just got lucky. There was never going to be a third team.

Brought to you by Howdy Dong

Yea, I'm pretty sure the committee said Wyoming's win knocked Temple out.

No, Director of "Development, i.e. fund-raising, dialing-for-dollars, except at OU its dialing for thousands of dollars among the noveau oil rich. Big deal! (Hey!"Joe Bob, we'uns'll put a picher of yer wife AND yer huntin' dawg in the AD ladies room.... iff'n y'all will do-nate $25,000 a year from them oil royalties, to the Football uniform support Fund."...Joe Bob: "My dawg too? Damn! Where do I sign up?")

An up and comer from a mid-major would have been a better choice, if you wanted a dynamic guy to head up the attempt to get to P5 status. Franks wants a butt-boy.
I stand corrected. However, I don't speak Spanish or whatever language you speak.

Yeah but this year UNLV was bad. SDSU was not as dominate as they usually are so CSU couldn't get the wins over good teams during the conference schedule they usually can. They had no good road wins because the teams in the conference were bad.

How did CU do? Did conference help us get in? Maybe both teams just werent good enough this year.

How did CU do? Did conference help us get in? Maybe both teams just werent good enough this year.

We definately weren't good enough this year. The committee didn't think that CSU was good enough.

Big difference is that CSU won over 25 games this year, we couldn't win 15. Guarantee that a PAC team with 25 wins gets into the tourney and doesn't have to worry about the bubble.

We definately weren't good enough this year. The committee didn't think that CSU was good enough.

Big difference is that CSU won over 25 games this year, we couldn't win 15. Guarantee that a PAC team with 25 wins gets into the tourney and doesn't have to worry about the bubble.

We did win 15.

We did win 15.

Forgot about including the first tourney game but 15-17 doesn't get you into the NCAA from any conference without winning the conference.

If a PAC team won 25 or more, even if they played a pathetic OOC schedule it would be hard to see how they wouldn't get an invite.

Forgot about including the first tourney game but 15-17 doesn't get you into the NCAA from any conference without winning the conference.

If a PAC team won 25 or more, even if they played a pathetic OOC schedule it would be hard to see how they wouldn't get an invite.

I'm not sure.

13-0 with a very weak OOC
9-9 in conference play, beating only bottom feeders
3-1 in the conference tournament

Might not be enough

I'm not sure.

13-0 with a very weak OOC
9-9 in conference play, beating only bottom feeders
3-1 in the conference tournament

Might not be enough

I don't have the info in front of me but I would be shocked if a team that went .500 or better in a major conference and won 25 games overall didn't get in. Can't think of any of the top of my head.

I certainly hope we don't find out with the team left out being us but I just can't imagine that happening in the current situation.

Has a 25 win team from a major conference been left out in the last 10 years or more?

I don't have the info in front of me but I would be shocked if a team that went .500 or better in a major conference and won 25 games overall didn't get in. Can't think of any of the top of my head.

I certainly hope we don't find out with the team left out being us but I just can't imagine that happening in the current situation.

Has a 25 win team from a major conference been left out in the last 10 years or more?

The key is playing a very week OOC and beating the bottom feeders in conference. Not all 25 win teams are equal.

The key is playing a very week OOC and beating the bottom feeders in conference. Not all 25 win teams are equal.

I absolutely agree with you that win number isn't the only determinant of quality. It would be easy to show how a 20 win team with a tough schedule is a better team than a 25 win team like you are describing. I just don't think that the committee would leave a 25 win team from a major conference out.

The mid-majors would complain, the press would question it, they would probably get flushed out early in the tourney, but I think in the politics of it all they don't leave that team out.

This has nothing to do with CU. I was talking about the Mountain West.

My bad. It sounded to me you were arguing that the MWC was an inferior conference. I assumed that you thought the P12 was not inferior and thats where my quote came from.

If you were not making that argument, my mistake.

My bad. It sounded to me you were arguing that the MWC was an inferior conference. I assumed that you thought the P12 was not inferior and thats where my quote came from.

If you were not making that argument, my mistake.

No I was just saying the MWC was bad this year. And that hurt CSU.

Back