What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU AD Fired?

Statement from Frank

Ram Club Members, Athletics Donors and Rams Season Ticket

Holders,

As you may have heard, I have removed Jack Graham as the
Director of Athletics and issued the following statement:

"I have elected to terminate Jack Graham’s employment as athletic
director. While I am grateful to Jack for the energy he’s brought to
CSU in establishing a culture that expects excellence within Ram
Athletics and his actions in hiring great coaches and staff, there
have come to exist some substantial differences in our views.
Based on our differences, I have chosen to exercise the termination
for convenience clause within Jack's contract to allow the university
and the athletic department to move forward, building on the
successes that Jack brought to our program. As a personnel issue,
this will be the University’s only comment on this personnel action.

As our most loyal Rams supporters, I want to let you know that,
even with this change, our commitment to excellence in CSU
Athletics has not and will not change. And your continued passion
and support for the green and gold will help keep that momentum
strong.

In addition, this decision is in no way connected to the on-campus
stadium project. Our commitment to our student-athletes and to
excellence across the university drives our decisions about Rams
athletics and always has. The stadium project is separate from this
personnel action and will continue to move forward as planned,
with me providing a recommendation to the Board of Governors in
October. We appreciate all of the support CSU has received for this
initiative through your donations and commitment.

A national search will begin immediately for Jack’s replacement. I
have named Deputy Athletic Director John Morris as the Interim
Director of Athletics to lead the department during the search. John
is an experienced and respected administrator who I am confident
will continue the progress that has been made in recent years.

Above all, I want to reinforce our shared, strong commitment to CSU
Athletics and to providing a climate that inspires and supports the
success of our student-athletes. Our institutional commitment to
excellence in Rams athletics has never been stronger. We’re
confident in the future and looking forward to a great year – thanks
for your support.

Sincerely,

-tony

President Tony Frank

[tweet]497860112422559746[/tweet]

Definitely true. Mark Johnson is not the kind of sports media type who tweets to build up his following with rumors.

i wonder what "substantial differences in our views" is code for?

"he like to **** goats and i do not."
"i want to cheat like a muthaflocker and he does not."
"i can do math and he cannot."

i must know more!!!!!!! more dirt! give me scandal! sheep on the pyre of self-immolation are fuel!

i kid. i kid.

i feel badly for them. it must have been something serious. they haven't had the best few days.

He was boning Tony's wife. "personal matter and will not comment further"

that would count as a substantial difference in their views, i suppose.

does this mean no one is getting fired for goat-****ing in fort. flatlands?

dammit.

buzzkill.

Apparently unrelated to the stadium.

If that's how they want to paint it?

Although the stadium was just a part of a whole vision that Jack Graham was brought in to promote. From appearances that vision is not moving forward at a high rate of speed but the spending and institutional investment is.

Might just be the point where Frank is saying time to re-evaluate our targets and Graham wasn't happy about doing that.

Apparently unrelated to the stadium.

If they were on the same page on the stadium and there wasn't a conflict over that (considering how major a thing that is right now), then Jack must have really done something to step in it somewhere else.

You dont fire the AD of CSU for not raising 10's of millions of dollars and getting an unprecedented on campus stadium built - not when everything else he's done is working, we unless you are and idiot.

If they were on the same page on the stadium and there wasn't a conflict over that (considering how major a thing that is right now), then Jack must have really done something to step in it somewhere else.

Termination for convenience. That was the language in the press release. If JG had boned Cam, built a mountain getaway on CSU funds or engaged in malfeasance, then he would have been fired for cause. Terminated for convenience means there was a huge policy disagreement. JG apparently dug his heels in and did not resign. What issue is big at CSU other than the stadium?

sheep president vision: dude, we've got to right-size the build plan for tens of dollars we've actually raised.

sheep ad: **** you! if we build it, they will come. use our credit cards!

sheep president vision: dude, we've got to right-size the build plan for tens of dollars we've actually raised.

sheep ad: **** you! if we build it, they will come. use our credit cards!

in this case you resign, you doont get fired.

Termination for convenience. That was the language in the press release. If JG had boned Cam, built a mountain getaway on CSU funds or engaged in malfeasance, then he would have been fired for cause. Terminated for convenience means there was a huge policy disagreement. JG apparently dug his heels in and did not resign. What issue is big at CSU other than the stadium?

i can tell you from experience, it is much easier to shoot an employee and pay him under a term for convenience clause then try to fire for cause. typically, folks who have contracts also have money and lawyers. don't assume there wasn't something bad happening. just assume they didn't have enough to be sure they'd win if litigated and/or they wanted to keep the real reasons quiet.

please refer to my previous comment, failing on the stadium goals isnt a logically fire-able offense.

Sure it is. CU fired Bohn for not coming through on the fundraising for the IPF. You think CSU wouldn't fire a guy for over-promising and under-delivering on a far higher profile project?

Sure it is. CU fired Bohn for not coming through on the fundraising for the IPF. You think CSU wouldn't fire a guy for over-promising and under-delivering on a far higher profile project?

Are you legitimately comparing CU's situation to CSU? Jack Graham to Mike Bohn? Thhe challenges they have in boulder to those in FoCO?

iiNiEG0.gif

Are you legitimately comparing CU's situation to CSU? Jack Graham to Mike Bohn? Thhe challenges they have in boulder to those in FoCO?

I don't have to compare them. CSU is the one trying to compare themselves to CU.

I have a 12 pack that says CSU will announce within the next year that they're not moving forward with the stadium plan. They had to fire Graham in order to kill the stadium. He wouldn't ever let the deal die.

Back