What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU AD: We "probably built the best stadium in America"

ho2hpMT.gif

"as the eyes of the collective college football world descend upon Fort Collins...."
Where'd they get this Frederickson idot from, The Coloradoan?

"as the eyes of the collective college football world descend upon Fort Collins...."
Where'd they get this Frederickson idot from, The Coloradoan?
In all fairness, I usually watch the first CFB game no matter who it is. For the CFB junkie, the CSU OSU match up will be worth watching as the beginnings of yet another season will be upon us....

In all fairness, I usually watch the first CFB game no matter who it is. For the CFB junkie, the CSU OSU match up will be worth watching as the beginnings of yet another season will be upon us....
All of us will likely be watching....

Many will be watching while others will post in the same thread why they are not watching because they do not care about CSU.
I always try to watch our previous and future opponents throughout the season as it helps to gauge what is happening on the field when CU plays them. This one will be more anticipated and easier to watch as the pining for CU to start playing builds momentum through fall camp.

I know what you were trying to say (and you aren't wrong), but it is possible to watch CSU play without giving 2 ****s about them other than being one of a couple pre-conference games on the schedule.

I am sure he meant to say that they built the nicest high school football stadium not located in Texas, California or Florida in America.
I don't think they build great High School stadiums in Calif in general. If they do, I never saw one when I was coaching out there in pre-1995. There were a fair amount of shared stadiums, but nothing special. Nothing like Texas.

I don't think they build great High School stadiums in Calif in general. If they do, I never saw one when I was coaching out there in pre-1995. There were a fair amount of shared stadiums, but nothing special. Nothing like Texas.
Fair point, no one trumps Texas when it comes to high school football stadiums.

Let's be honest, it may be arguably one of the best G5 stadiums but... it isn't anywhere in the Top 40. It's very solid. It's like a try hard to be P5 but we couldn't afford it. The locker room is ****ing bland.

it looks nice. it isn't fair to compare it to the p5. they don't have the cash to compete in the arms race. i am sure they will do fine amongst their peer institutions. it is cute that they are so excited.

and of course i will be watching-- 2 opponents on the schedule.

after we beat them 55-10, i won't think much about them unless they are negatively impacting our SOS as we march toward glory.

by the way, does it really only hold 32k? how are they ever going to get a p5 invitation with such a small stadium? or, is this a concession that they aren't ever joining the bigs? also, what happens if they start to really suck and that place is at 50% capacity (like every other time they have started to suck)? how do those bonds get repaid?

oh well... not my issue.

by the way, does it really only hold 32k? how are they ever going to get a p5 invitation with such a small stadium? or, is this a concession that they aren't ever joining the bigs? also, what happens if they start to really suck and that place is at 50% capacity (like every other time they have started to suck)? how do those bonds get repaid?

oh well... not my issue.
A bottle of bourbon says Mtn will be all over this one.

$90.00 max.

oh well... not my issue.

The capacity is technically 41k, although it only has 36,500 actual seats and 10,000 of those are students. So there are actually only 26,500 available seats for purchase and there are 4500 standing room only "seats".

As to your other questions, the answer appears to be "they won't" to both.

Back